Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lets talk about fuel, pressure and ECU's

Here's my current setup:

TS ECU
Crawford Plenum
350 Throttle Body
UR pulley
AEM CAI (heat wrapped)

My question(s) revolve around the fuel system. Did anyone w/ a TS ECU get documentation talking about the reccomended octane level? I have run 104 and 110 (small amounts) with no noticable difference.

What LPH is our stock fuel pump? I know in some other engines, a new fuel pump w/ a higher fuel pressure regulator, can make a huge difference.

I am a little dissapointed with my gains after spending close to 2K on the engine alone. I have not gotten the car dynoed yet, but don't have a baseline anyway.

The problem with installing mods together is that you never know which mod makes the most difference and if one or mods actually hurt performance.
Old 04-05-2004, 11:41 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Lets talk about fuel, pressure and ECU's

Originally posted by rucorey
Here's my current setup:

TS ECU
Crawford Plenum
350 Throttle Body
UR pulley
AEM CAI (heat wrapped)

I am a little dissapointed with my gains after spending close to 2K on the engine alone. I have not gotten the car dynoed yet, but don't have a baseline anyway.

The problem with installing mods together is that you never know which mod makes the most difference and if one or mods actually hurt performance.
You dont need to be worrying about higher octane fuels @ this point in time. I have done dyno tests with the Crawford plenum and AEM and JWT pop-chargers and found the Plenum mated with the AEM I lost power....long tube intake do not work with the plenum....look up my post for all the info. Get a pop-charger, and your car will feel stronger, I gained 11whp with my pop-charger/plenum combo than with my AEM/plenum combo. My air-fuels with my mods were around 12:1-13:1...I'm guessing you got the ecu so you could run that EVO TB??
Old 04-05-2004, 11:51 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don’t think running anything higher than 93 will help on this engine in stock form (or even TS ecu form).

One thing I notice on your mod list that I would change. I would yank the AEM. I think you will be better off with a stock air box. I have seen it first hand and have heard confirmations from too many people that it does more harm than good. As far as the fuel pump goes . . . it is fine. Ask 12secZ how his lone stock fuel pump is doing with larger injectors and a TS flash for his Procharged Z. We have one here running the same setup.
Old 04-05-2004, 02:52 PM
3rdpower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a recent AEM user - I'll agree with that assessment - JWT is just better, period.