Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

dealer giving me grief about mods and my third gear grind

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 07:01 AM
JonathanG35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to learn2turn - good guy. I am taking my car to their dealership and getting my work done. Based on my experience to this point I would highly recommend them. I will be getting my jwt clutch and flywheel installed when the tranny is out. I will let everyone know how it goes. thanks for all the responses.

jon
Old 04-29-2004, 07:55 AM
Ruhtra

leave it to a dealer to try to get some cash out the deal im not suprised.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:10 AM
JonathanG35

Originally posted by Ruhtra
leave it to a dealer to try to get some cash out the deal im not suprised.
if my previous post was misleading, i was not suggesting that the arlington dealer was trying to get any money out of me. My richmond dealer definitely was.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:22 AM
G3po

Default JWT fly and clutch

Johnathan whe you get the tranny and JWT FW and clutch installed , please post back with your opinions. I too have a G35C and am considering the JWT cobo, jsut wahnt to know how it feels and sounds (ie below 2k / chatter in and out of cab).
Thanx
Old 04-29-2004, 02:44 PM
JonathanG35

Default Re: JWT fly and clutch

Originally posted by G3po
Johnathan whe you get the tranny and JWT FW and clutch installed , please post back with your opinions. I too have a G35C and am considering the JWT cobo, jsut wahnt to know how it feels and sounds (ie below 2k / chatter in and out of cab).
Thanx
definitely
Old 04-30-2004, 01:26 PM
KillaZ

Here is a little more backup for you on the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. I highly suggest you guys read what is on that web page from top to bottom. and if any of you are planning on taking in that stuff from the ptuning.com site make sure you spell check it first so that you don't embarrass yourself when you present that paper to the dealership. There is nothing worse than trying to make somebody look wrong with a document full of typos. Best of luck to you guys with the problems. This thread has opened my eyes to possible problems that I might face in the near future.

So thank you for that.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/...#Magnuson-Moss

click on the link that says understanding the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

This stuff will keep you from being blindsided by the dealership. We all know how they love to pull off sneaky **** when ever they can.
Old 05-01-2004, 08:11 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Do we have a list of a$$hole dealers that give grief over fixing things?
Old 05-01-2004, 09:33 AM
phile

RT Cats, Borla TD, Tein Flex w/EDFC, Gram Light 57F Pro 19x9.5 +19 19x10.5 +29, Bridgestone S03, Hotchkis Sways (hard front, medium rear), UR Crank Pulley, Hawk HPS, Stoptech Brake Lines, Kinetix Plenum <--those mods have absolutely nothing to do with your tranny. My dealership also uses the excuse "oh, we havn't heard of that before" or something similar. So ridiculous.
Old 05-01-2004, 09:52 AM
luke350z

Originally posted by zectasy
wow how odd someone posted about this subject. just today did i take my 350 in to the dealer for grinding in 3rd. i have the jwt pop charger on my car and they didnt even hassle me about having it. no problems at all they called and said they are gonna put in a new tranny within the week. also i talked to a tech and i asked him about if any aftermarket exhausts would really void the warranty of the car and he basically said no...unless it was like a emission or sumthin? no biggy. but yah they def shouldnt hassle you at all! also....i feel stupid as hell and kinda outta no where but wtf is a plenum? everyone keeps talkin about how they are good for hp gain?? thanks! just PM if possible
Hey, which dealership did you go to? I went to Kelly Nissan in Oak Lawn yesterday, and they said they couldn't reproduce the 3rd gear grinding. I also had them check out the reason for my service engine soon light. It took them 4 hours to fix it, the apparentry had to reprogram the engine management unit. They told me they never heard of tranny problems, and unless I can reproduce it, they won't even look at it. I also told them that the tire feathering came back, and the manager said they won't replace my tires, and that swapping them back wouldn't make sense.