Originally posted by liljerk
here we go again, just ignore KJY9, he's a dumba$$

let the flaming begin!

n1cK!
Old 06-25-2004, 06:32 PM
fairladyZ in Japan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by EnthuZiastDrive
with ur rogue shifters, does anyone find it more difficult to get into 2nd sometimes? this has been a problem for me ever since it was installed so i dotn think it's my tranny.

going at high speeds from 1st to 2nd is somewhat difficult, at slow speeds it is easy. so easy that three times when i've tried to go from 1st to neutral at a stop light, it went so effortlessly into 2nd that i didn't notice and stalled :-P
I currently have the B&M shifter in .. and experience the same thing. I have become more adept at "finessing" it under high revs ... particularly 1-2.

Same thing downshifting .. particularly 3-2 under high revving.

I also just bought the Rogue shifter from BJ at 350EVO with the thought of trying it to see which I like better.

jmark ... other Rogue users ... would really like to see more of your input on up/downshifting .. normal and high revving.

thanks
Old 06-25-2004, 07:23 PM
n1cK!
Infiltrator!

fairladyZ in Japan, there is no need to "finesse" with the rogue. it slips in the gates rather smoothly, practically like stock. the only thing noticeable between the stock shifter and the rogue is the obvious shorter shift, and that there is only one click to get into the gate vice two for stock. i have not experienced any problems with the rogue, like KJY9 did.

n1cK!
Old 06-26-2004, 12:34 AM
fairladyZ in Japan

n!ck! ... thanks ...

Thanks for your feedback regarding the Rogue.

How about high revving downshifts ... difficult to engage ? ... particularly on the 3-2 ?

My B&M has .. a little buzzy noise under high revving in 2nd ... and very difficult to engage at high revving from 3-2. Notchy is no problem .. that I love ...

thanks
Old 06-26-2004, 12:44 AM
n1cK!
Infiltrator!

high revving downshifts eh? well, that really doesn't depend on the shifter. on a downshift, the engine will want to spin faster than what the wheels are goin', that's why it may be difficult to engage. this is non-dependent on the shifter. the rogue has no buzz noise under high rev. it uses the stock bushing, and fits rather well with the stock shifter (or nismo). if notchiness is what you're lookin' then the rogue is not for you. shifting is very smooth between gates.

n1cK!
Old 06-26-2004, 01:39 AM
baptist

Damn! thought I'd decided on the B&M, now I dont know what I want out of the two.
Dont fancy any vibration or buzzing.
Old 06-26-2004, 06:04 AM
LBSOHK

what about the fact that you get "only" 20% reduction of throws with Rogue SS versus 33% with B&M ss ?
Old 06-26-2004, 09:31 AM
seanrulz

I have a rogue short shifter kit and I don't think I had any problems downshifting at high rpms. (Like, downshifting to 3-2 with heel and toe and it engaged smoothly at 5000rpm. Didn't try any higher rpm than that tho)

I had no problems in my rogue shifter and got used to it so much that now I forgot how stock shifter feels!
Old 06-26-2004, 03:00 PM
n1cK!
Infiltrator!

Originally posted by lbsohk1
what about the fact that you get "only" 20% reduction of throws with Rogue SS versus 33% with B&M ss ?
i would gladly trade the 13% percent difference for flawless operation any day.

n1cK!
Old 06-26-2004, 10:04 PM
Loren04G35

Originally posted by KJY9
My guess is that he didn't use the stock stop on the top end of the shifter. That's all I can think of?!?
No problems with mine
I had both the rubber insert in the know and the spacer on the shaft. In the instructions from B&M and show to remove the spacer. I didn't initially. Since they don't have the right spline lenght to crush down properly, the spacer is not under pressure and rattes. B&M will even tell you this if you call them, hence why to remove it.

Rogue is a far better product compared to the B&M. The rogue uses the stock cup, so there are no rattles, problems with the reverse lockout or damaging the shifter boot. I can say this, in my 3 calls to B&M they are happy to have you return their product if you have problems. They won't do anything to fix the problems, but they gladly take it back.
Old 06-27-2004, 12:35 PM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default I bought the B&M

From The350Zforums.org for $172 delivered. I do not have any experience with the Rogue shifter, can only tell you that the B&M works flawless for me, I am happy, did decrease the throw about 30 to 35%, does make the notcheness slightly more pronounced.

Main installation problem was getting the lower rubber boot back on (as noted by others) and getting the 1/2 kilo of locktite to break loose on the shifter ****. Thanks again, Nissan and HO ( the guy who signed the bottom of my shifter) for making sure that this **** could not loosen even in a thousand years of vibration.

I think I got a very well made product for a good price. I am happy.
Old 06-28-2004, 04:04 AM
fairladyZ in Japan

Default Rogue is going in...

I will be installing the Rogue .. want to see how this shifter compares to the B&M.

Here is a very interesting article regarding shifters being "vehicle specific" .. that was originally posted by a member here -- dholly1:

http://www.mazdatrix.com/shiftrat.htm
Old 06-28-2004, 07:46 AM
KJY9

Originally posted by liljerk
here we go again, just ignore KJY9, he's a dumba$$

let the flaming begin!
ohhh ty for the compliment..and I guess you're a jerkoff?
BTW..what an appropriate screen name you have!

Last edited by KJY9; 06-28-2004 at 08:04 AM.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:54 AM
KJY9

Default Re: Rogue is going in...

Originally posted by fairladyZ in Japan
I will be installing the Rogue .. want to see how this shifter compares to the B&M.

Here is a very interesting article regarding shifters being "vehicle specific" .. that was originally posted by a member here -- dholly1:

http://www.mazdatrix.com/shiftrat.htm
Good article. It states that the rattles and buzzes are car specific and not shifter specific.
I have no rattles or buzzes with my B&M and unlike others here that just spout off with no firsthand experience with both shifters, I've tried both and will NEVER use anything from Rogue or 350EVO in my ride again. Just not worth the headache!
Old 06-28-2004, 08:46 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Can't speak for others, but I have no noises whatsoever except for exaust and loud *** stereo.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:44 PM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

regarding the downshifts: mine are very smooth so long as i rev match (rogue short shifter)
Old 06-29-2004, 03:11 AM
LBSOHK

thanks for all the input guys , I decided to go with B&M , ordered it yesterday...

KJY9 - thx for letting people know about your experiences... IMO one unhappy customer is one too many..
Old 06-29-2004, 04:10 AM
fairladyZ in Japan

lbsohk1 ..

I will be looking forward to your hearing your experience with the B&M as I switch out from the B&M to the Rogue.

Should be interesting.

I would like to suggest leaving out KJY9`s experience with the early Rogue prototype from this analysis -- and let's stick with the current facts.

fun time ...
Old 07-15-2004, 07:03 PM
LBSOHK

Originally posted by fairladyZ in Japan
lbsohk1 ..

I will be looking forward to your hearing your experience with the B&M as I switch out from the B&M to the Rogue.

Should be interesting.

I would like to suggest leaving out KJY9`s experience with the early Rogue prototype from this analysis -- and let's stick with the current facts.

fun time ...
well so its been about a week since I installed my B&M SS and I love it ! shorter throws , clean shifts , no problems down shifting or shifting at high rpms , seriously cant find anything bad to say about this product...
PITA reataching that rubber boot under the car but otherwise , clean fast install... to anyone going the same route - I suggest on using Rogue's instructions rather than B&M's .. Overall so far - great product , would highly recommend it...
I cant compare it to Rogue Short Shifter , so I'll leave that to fairladyZ in Japan...
Did you install it already ?
Old 07-16-2004, 04:39 AM
fairladyZ in Japan

LBSOHK ...

Timing is perfect .. the Rogue goes in tomorrow. Very interested on how it compares to the B&M. Will be posting later.

Happy to hear that the B&M is working well on your Z and that you like it.

Quick Reply: short-shifter which one to get ?