Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

short-shifter which one to get ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 04:02 PM
dwnshift

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JMARK,
I didnt either.....sometimes things just happen. The Rogue shifter is great quality and everyone that has one...well except for that one guy.......has had great things to say about it. In my opinon it set the bar for the 350Z ss.
We will start releasing a lot more of our own 350EVO products soon. There are a lot of items in development and more on the drawing board everyday.
We are also soon to be selling Stoptech products for the 350Z and G35.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:07 PM
G3po

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350EVO andStoptech

Stoptech huh, do you guys run Stoptech on any of your track cars?
Old 07-19-2004, 04:12 PM
dwnshift

We are looking to switch to their new full floating rotors for our GAC cars.
If JRitt will email me back today!!!

Oh JRitt!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2004, 08:11 PM
Loren04G35

Just to finish this thread, please read the end of my original thread on the B&M shifter problems and note the pictures that someone who took the risk posted. Would you want that to happen to your car? It won't with Rogue.

B&M Problem Thread
Old 07-19-2004, 10:24 PM
Z BOY

Default Other Options?

Doesnt Nismo have a ss for the Z? I don't think rogue and b&m are the only ones available for our cars. AEM?

Last edited by Z BOY; 07-19-2004 at 11:00 PM.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:36 PM
n1cK!
Infiltrator!

Originally posted by Loren04G35
Just to finish this thread, please read the end of my original thread on the B&M shifter problems and note the pictures that someone who took the risk posted. Would you want that to happen to your car? It won't with Rogue.

B&M Problem Thread
wow, almost forgot about that thread , thanks for bringin' that one up!

n1cK!
Old 07-20-2004, 12:51 PM
dholly

Not here to grind an axe, but my experience with the B&M ended bad too. Scroll down this thread to find my full review.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:55 PM
LBSOHK

hmm , I have no problems with my SS but those pictures got me worried ...
<\=--- going to see if thats not happening with my plate
BRB...
Old 07-20-2004, 01:09 PM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Has anyone but Dholly had a chewed up plate like that?
I read all his threads, and I get the impression he has an axe to grind. I experienced none of the problems he has. Not one. Makes me wonder about his mechanical ability, and if he did something to it with all his taking it apart and adjusting.
The install just wasn't that complicated.
Seems like he turned it into something it isn't.
How much jamming and grinding would you have to do to cause that kind of damage? How many times would you have to ignore an obvious problem to allow that much damage to happen?
Let us use some common sense here.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:09 AM
dholly

gringott -
I get the impression he has an axe to grind.
Whatever gave you that impression? Because I experienced probs doesn't mean I have an axe to grind. I was very careful in my review and subsequent comments to quantify that my experience is not in line with the majority. I specifically said: "Ultimately I suppose, the only way to tell is to install and test one on your own car. If you are at all interested in this type of short shifter product, I do believe it would be worth the work involved to test on your own car. It's not that hard. Just be aware of your vendor's return policy prior to purchase." However, my experience was not satisfactory and sharing it is clearly relevant because there are others reporting the same issues. I took the time to post my experience, some people appreciate that, and you are certainly free to either take it or leave it.
Makes me wonder about his mechanical ability, and if he did something to it with all his taking it apart and adjusting.
I've been wrenching on cars for 35+ years and I can assure you that mechanical aptitude is not at issue here. Once again if you read my review, I have already said my problem was not with install degree of difficulty but, rather, aligning the new top plate properly to ensure solid contact of the 5th gear and reverse lock-out tang on the shifter. As I noted, I tried multiple times to get this positioning correct - it ain't rocket science pal - but, as you can see from the positioning in the pics, I simply was not able to accomplish this on my car.
How much jamming and grinding would you have to do to cause that kind of damage? How many times would you have to ignore an obvious problem to allow that much damage to happen?
I was not ignoring the problem. My initial contact with B&M regarding shifter concerns was on 5-7-04, and I logged several additional calls and emails to the same high level Co. rep thru 6-21-04. During those conversations, I was twice told they would perform an on-site test install on a G35 coupe "this week" to see if they could re-create the problems I and others were experiencing, and check for design flaws. After already having taken things apart so many times, I simply decided to continued to use the shifter awaiting the results of their install. But each install was subsequently delayed due to scheduling problems and that ended up dragging on for over 4 weeks...which helps explains it's condition. It does not, however, explain the inability to ultimately get the shifter working properly in my car.

Quite frankly, under the circumstances, I feel I exhibited a very patient and rational attempt to get the problems resolved working directly with the manufacturer. Although we were never able to resolve the issues, they TRIED, and I was not summarily dismissed. So I will (already have) give that credit where credit is due. There is no axe grinding here gringott, and no need to attack me because your experience was different. Glad yours and others are working as advertised, enjoy.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:30 AM
LBSOHK

I just checked my plate and its perfectly fine ... shifter feels great ...