Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Anybody Get Their V. 4 Yet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004 | 05:19 AM
zachcrosen

Originally posted by Mike Wazowski
The Crawford plenum is a modified OEM plenum, while the Kinetix Racing plenum is made of plastic which is prone to cracking as illustrated above. With the Kinetix Racing plenum, you can keep the beautiful engine cover and factory strut bar, which means less volume in the plenum chamber since the design requires an indention to allow the strut bar to fit, and requires the front of the plenum to be a little lower to allow the engine cover to fit. And since it's plastic it requires reinforcements underneath to prevent flexing and cracking; those reinforcements obstruct airflow; the airflow that was supposed to be gained in the first place. With the Crawford plenum, you can't use the OEM engine cover, but who really cares; it's just a piece of plastic covering up your even more beautiful VQ engine; you also can't use your OEM strut bar but that's not a problem because they have an alternative strut bar to use that works just as great. You have to send in your plenum to Crawford but there is no downtime due to their exchange program. I chose the Crawford plenum because I wanted maximum volume under the plenum for better performance. And cause I'm such a genius I modified my factory engien cover to fit over the Crawford plenum and it looks just as great if not better.

Your engine bay looks awesome.
Old 07-03-2004 | 09:13 AM
MY350Z.COM

Originally posted by zachcrosen
Your engine bay looks awesome.
Why thank you!
Old 07-03-2004 | 09:40 AM
PhoenixINX

Very clean Vic...
Old 07-03-2004 | 10:28 AM
lowrider

This is how the Crawford V5 looks on a "G" with the engine cover cut. As Victor said, it's an awesome product.

Lou
Attached Thumbnails Anybody Get Their V. 4 Yet?-plenum-04.jpg