Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Wrong Ground Wire Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004 | 04:33 PM
mbonanni1856

Angry Wrong Ground Wire Kit?

This is frustrating the crap out of me and I need help. I am brand new to the world of imports and modern engines. Most of my experience is on old muscle cars. I ordered what I thought to be a NISMO Ground Wire Kit for my Z, but I am starting to think otherwise. First off I got it in and it had no instructions. I came here with that problem and someone was nice enough to post the instruction booklet he got with his. With that I went to the garage. Took off the strut tower brace and engine cover and opened the kit. None of the wires are the right length according to the directions I got from here! Then I realized, nowhere on the box does it say NISMO. It says Circle Earth System! Is this the right kit? Is it a good kit? Does anyone have instructions for this one? Is it even a NISMO kit or a knock off? Please help. Thanks.
Old 09-16-2004 | 04:37 PM
MIAPLAYA

Default Re: Wrong Ground Wire Kit?

Originally posted by mbonanni1856
This is frustrating the crap out of me and I need help. I am brand new to the world of imports and modern engines. Most of my experience is on old muscle cars. I ordered what I thought to be a NISMO Ground Wire Kit for my Z, but I am starting to think otherwise. First off I got it in and it had no instructions. I came here with that problem and someone was nice enough to post the instruction booklet he got with his. With that I went to the garage. Took off the strut tower brace and engine cover and opened the kit. None of the wires are the right length according to the directions I got from here! Then I realized, nowhere on the box does it say NISMO. It says Circle Earth System! Is this the right kit? Is it a good kit? Does anyone have instructions for this one? Is it even a NISMO kit or a knock off? Please help. Thanks.
Circle Earth Ground System is an HKS product. If memory serves me it doesn't work on USDM Zs...but I could be wrong. I know it is definitely an HKS system though.
Old 09-16-2004 | 04:48 PM
AceJ587

HKS Circle Earth are GREAT wires, Just looks like you were sent the wrong ones....
Old 09-16-2004 | 05:11 PM
mbonanni1856

I shouldn't have been sent the wrong ones. The reciept says they are for my car. But it came with no instructions so I do not know how to run the wires. Does anybody have the HKS Circle Earth system on their car, or know someone that does?
Old 09-16-2004 | 05:50 PM
AceJ587

didnt you order NISMO wires? Just because the receipt Says so, doesnt mean they didnt F*** up and send the wrong wires. I think the above statement made was correct, HKS doesnt have wires for USDM Z's yet.
Old 09-16-2004 | 06:08 PM
mbonanni1856

Well I ordered off of eBay and the picture from the add matched up with what I got. The part that connects to the battery terminal has a NISMO logo though. That is what confuses me. AceJ587 - what you say would make sense though. Maybe I missed that part on the bid page. Oh well.
Old 09-16-2004 | 09:34 PM
ragtopz

Default Re: Re: Wrong Ground Wire Kit?

Originally posted by MIAPLAYA
Circle Earth Ground System is an HKS product. If memory serves me it doesn't work on USDM Zs...but I could be wrong. I know it is definitely an HKS system though.
man, mbonanni1856. after all that trouble i went through lol just kidding.

i think i know which one you got. if it is this one, then i am sorry, but you got a knock off. doesnt really matter though, since i dont think there is much of a performance difference between the sets. they probably just plopped that nismo sticker on it.

sorry i cannot help you with the install of this one. good luck.
Attached Thumbnails Wrong Ground Wire Kit?-nismogroundwireblue.jpg  
Old 09-16-2004 | 09:40 PM
ragtopz

actually, i did a search and i found the exact same wire set with a variety of stickers. mugen, mazdaspeed, trd, and ralliart.

here is one of them. definately knock-offs. sorry.
Attached Thumbnails Wrong Ground Wire Kit?-mugengroundwireblue.jpg  
Old 09-16-2004 | 10:17 PM
mbonanni1856

Damn my lack of researh! That is the one that I got and it does not fit and comes with no directions. Viewers of this thread DO NOT BUY THESE!!!! They are useless. I guess thats what I get for trying to save some $. Thanks a bunch for all the research ragtopz. I appreciate it. I tried to figure it out as much as I could earlier, and I knew it was all over when I put that round contraption on the negative battery terminal and realized that the battery cover would not fit with it.
Old 09-16-2004 | 11:50 PM
mike_vegas

thats sucks mike, thats why i dont buy things off ebay. there are to many people that make a living selling false products.

"you get what you pay for"
Old 09-17-2004 | 12:46 AM
OgreDave

Just get a normal 5wire kit from MaxGround.com or Z-Xtreme.com .. I got 3 from MaxGround b/c they're cheaper .. both are forum members and both seem to be really nice & professional guys.

The Nismo kit is basically a 5wire system with a couple ends crimped together to save you the hassle of mounting 3 terminals at one point .. it's not really a big deal.
Old 09-17-2004 | 06:45 AM
ssawa

If you got it from ebay and they said it was for a 350z contact them and see if they sent wrong one. if they have one that fits even if its not a real Nismo, it should be ok. If they won't help give them a negative review on ebay.
Old 09-17-2004 | 11:58 PM
mbonanni1856

OgreDave - Thanks for the advise. I will check that out.

ssawa - I went back to the auction page and read the fine print and it actually says its a universal kit. Then I realized that if you searched for kits for other cars they were selling the same kit.
Old 09-18-2004 | 05:19 AM
FairladyZ

That blows, I just bid on something from ebay,I hope I didnt get screwed.
Old 09-18-2004 | 06:03 AM
z327

Default seller feedback

Originally posted by FairladyZ
That blows, I just bid on something from ebay,I hope I didnt get screwed.
Read the sellers feedback before buying anything on Ebay.
I don't think there is a custom fit ground kit for sale on Ebay except for mine. All the others are universal kits so you have to figure out your own installation points.

I've bought a bunch of stuff off Ebay and using the seller's rating have never recieved anything that was not as advertised.
Old 09-18-2004 | 11:50 AM
mbonanni1856

Yeah I won't make that mistake twice.