Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Need input ASAP - Crawford install

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 06:04 AM
FRIT-Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need input ASAP - Crawford install

Just heard from Doug and checked UPS...my V5 plenum and front strut bar are out for delivery in my town. I already have removed my OEM strut bar and engine cover to ready for installation. I will be doing the install tonight. Any input would be appreciated, but I have one important question...

My z goes to the dealer tomorrow for tire feathering issue...new front tires and alignment. How do I make sure the new strut bar is spaced correctly? I would think the way the bar "spreads" and stabilizes the front end might effect the front alignment. Might this adjustable strut bar be part of the overall alignment issue on our cars? Just a thought....

Fritz
Old 09-20-2004, 06:15 AM
g356gear

Default Re: Need input ASAP - Crawford install

Originally posted by FRIT-Z
Just heard from Doug and checked UPS...my V5 plenum and front strut bar are out for delivery in my town. I already have removed my OEM strut bar and engine cover to ready for installation. I will be doing the install tonight. Any input would be appreciated, but I have one important question...

My z goes to the dealer tomorrow for tire feathering issue...new front tires and alignment. How do I make sure the new strut bar is spaced correctly? I would think the way the bar "spreads" and stabilizes the front end might effect the front alignment. Might this adjustable strut bar be part of the overall alignment issue on our cars? Just a thought....

Fritz
Strut bar should have no effect on alignment. It simply braces the strut towers to prevent body movement. It is relatively independent of suspension movement.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:45 PM
murrman100

Default Re: Re: Need input ASAP - Crawford install

Originally posted by g356gear
Strut bar should have no effect on alignment. It simply braces the strut towers to prevent body movement. It is relatively independent of suspension movement.
True.
Unless you have the Roadster, it won't make that much of a difference on body movement.