Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

destroyed my engine, just my luck.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 06:38 AM
Vash350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This happens in the celica community pretty commonly, our trannies were really close gated like the Z. I myself even miss-shifted and blew up my celicas motor ( sadly no warranty had to swap myself). But what line usually works for them might work for you: "I was getting on the interstate, downshifted to get better acceleration, car made loud noise and started running bad". PLAY INCREDIBLY DUMB. it usually works.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:38 PM
QikTimez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any word from any one about making or where to get a gated shifter like the one on the Ferrari???
Old 09-24-2004, 10:59 AM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by eazy
Yeah, thanks guys. I'm most likely going to do that, and take it to the dealer. At this point I don't have anything to lose. I'll play dumb and tell them "it seems like it lost a lot of power for some reason", I just don't think that's going to work once they figure out what happened. I mean... floating the valves in an engine with only 9000 miles.... sounds a little too fishy. I guess if they tell me what it took to cause that kind of damage and refuse to fix it, I will admit I missed a shift and blame the design of the gearbox in an attempt to get them to split the cost with me, or something. This is going to get ugly I know it. Not to mention I was already planning on having a tranny swap. Not only do I need a new tranny, I need my engine rebuilt now.
Got some bad news for you. If you truly floated your valves, the dealer is going to know why, unless they're clueless. And in doing so, it will not be covered under warranty unless your dealer is extremely forgiving. As for the gated shifters on many exotics, you can mis-shift too... nothing is full-proof. I love how everything is "damned if you do, damned if you don't."