Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

All my performance mods MIGHT be for sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 11:09 AM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by QuantumZ
Only if they aren't tuned right. I have one putting down 360 whp (on our Dynapack) and he runs the car hard with many days already on it with no problem. It's all dependent on if the tuner is familiar with endurance tuning.
Both Evos I witnessed that blew up were stock. I'm not saying all are problematic, but they seem to have a high attrition rate, especially out of the box. I've heard of another one blowing up locally, but it was highly-"tuned", so I eliminated it from my initial comment. I assume that character had his boost running a little high...

Last edited by John; 09-25-2004 at 11:11 AM.
Old 09-25-2004, 04:18 PM
QuantumZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by John
Both Evos I witnessed that blew up were stock. I'm not saying all are problematic, but they seem to have a high attrition rate, especially out of the box. I've heard of another one blowing up locally, but it was highly-"tuned", so I eliminated it from my initial comment. I assume that character had his boost running a little high...
LOL, indeed. The EVO runs 19 psi peak tapering to 16.5 out of the box and some guys like to dial it up to 22 or so. They can usually do that on the street without getting themselves in trouble due to certain circumstances but flaws in a car are usually first made obvious on a track.

Mark
www.Quantum-Racing.com
Old 09-25-2004, 05:38 PM
Egbert Souse

Default Sept. 25 Update - Bad News for You Vultures

I got a voice message from the insurance inspector. He says his estmate is $15,000 including a frame rail, and it would take $21,000 in damage to total the car. But I'm not done yet. Maybe I can convince them to total it, but it is not looking good.

If I was you, I would not count on getting any parts off my misfortune. But thanks for all the nice replies. Your compassion has been touching. (NOT)
Attached Thumbnails All my performance mods MIGHT be for sale-buttonwillow-crash-right-side.jpg  
Old 10-04-2004, 11:35 AM
hfm

Default Re: Sept. 25 Update - Bad News for You Vultures

I understand you were banned at 350Motoring and I don't know whether you had a chance to see my response. You deserve to see it:
____

Since Flynnibus has confirmed that you were not BB5, you have my apology for thinking that you were.

However, and as stated by others above, that does not excuse your behavior or threatning attitude on this and other forums. Despite your efforts to have your posts erased, there is a long trail and history of your abusive posts scattered on multiple boards and more than enough evidence to support an inquiry and complaint before the State Bar. So, if you wish to take legal action and write letters to the Bar, I'll file counter-complaint and write letters to the Bar as well. Don't think you can bully forum members because many of us are quite capable of defending ourselves from your abuse.

____

You have my apology regarding my understanding of the BB5 situation. Richard, given that you are moving on to another car and are leaving the Z community I don't think we have anything further to discuss. Good luck to you in dealing with your claim.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:48 PM
kbirdsong

Default Re: Sept. 25 Update - Bad News for You Vultures

Originally posted by Egbert Souse
I got a voice message from the insurance inspector. He says his estmate is $15,000 including a frame rail, and it would take $21,000 in damage to total the car. But I'm not done yet. Maybe I can convince them to total it, but it is not looking good.

If I was you, I would not count on getting any parts off my misfortune. But thanks for all the nice replies. Your compassion has been touching. (NOT)
Nice post....Do you really have to be so nasty to everyone? I didn't see anyone saying anything nasty to you.
Old 10-05-2004, 07:02 AM
QuantumZ

Default Re: Re: Sept. 25 Update - Bad News for You Vultures

Originally posted by kbirdsong
Nice post....Do you really have to be so nasty to everyone? I didn't see anyone saying anything nasty to you.
Oh come on now, he has the little wink at the end.
I know how it is when you part a car out. Everybody and their brother seems to be waiting to pounce when you get the bad news, etc.

Mark
www.Quantum-Racing.com
Old 10-13-2004, 09:40 PM
AznIceRckt

hey my friend.

i'm interested in the tein coilovers and edfc, and the nismo cams. i am in southern california as well, specifically in ventura... but i travel a lot all over the place. what are your asking prices?

thanks,phil
Old 10-13-2004, 10:00 PM
03Z33

Phil,

the cams went with the car the Tein stuff is on Ebay, you can bid here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW

hurry, only 14hrs left!

I bought some of the other stuff, and everything went real smooth.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:29 PM
spf4000

Jeez, who paid 1400 for used Teins?