Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

UTR Carbon Fiber Z Tube

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 02:21 PM
coachk
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know that the OEM plastic tube at your local Nissan dealer is 99.00,as I posted before, but anyone have an educated guess on what the UTR tube made out of fiberglass w/ a CF overlay would cost to make. In business I think it makes more sense to sell a $hit load of these tubes at $100.00 dollars than to sell a few at the GB price. I know it worked for me and I retired at 38 years old. Just my .2 cents
Old 11-26-2004, 08:08 PM
ZeeCar

Originally posted by coachk
I know that the OEM plastic tube at your local Nissan dealer is 99.00,as I posted before, but anyone have an educated guess on what the UTR tube made out of fiberglass w/ a CF overlay would cost to make. In business I think it makes more sense to sell a $hit load of these tubes at $100.00 dollars than to sell a few at the GB price. I know it worked for me and I retired at 38 years old. Just my .2 cents
My guess is the tube is not as cheap as u think or they would have priced it lower than waht is being offered now.
Its apparent that they;re out to make quality products but no one seems to want to pay for nice stuff.?? There are a lot of crappy cheap subpar quality stuff out there being sold for much less. Perhaps thats what you're looking for your 30g car.??!
Also, from what people say about the tube, the carbon finish is exceptional and tight. Boy does it look sweet installed.!!

Kudos
Old 11-26-2004, 08:21 PM
zectasy

ok the fact of the matter is this group buy price isnt making people happy...if this guy want his company to succeed and get well known and make more $ in the future hes gonna have to sacrifice now....if he hooks people up on this site yah he might lose a lil bit of $ but he will make these people happy which in return these people will send him customers and so on.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:46 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

This is rediculous. This thread is not for discussion of their pricing. Please do not post unless you are interested in participating in the GB!

I am in if the price gets to the $120 mark. Anyone else ?
Old 11-27-2004, 07:29 AM
ZeeCar

Originally posted by zectasy
ok the fact of the matter is this group buy price isnt making people happy...if this guy want his company to succeed and get well known and make more $ in the future hes gonna have to sacrifice now....if he hooks people up on this site yah he might lose a lil bit of $ but he will make these people happy which in return these people will send him customers and so on.
Perhaps you should gather a list of people who are interested in this group buy. Then you'll make everyone happy and we'll all have a CF tube.!! Just a suggestion.

If so, count me in for one.
Old 11-27-2004, 08:51 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

The following people are IN for this GB if we get enough participation to get the price down to the $120 shipped price.
We need at least 11 people.

Please add your name if you are interested. If not then please refrain from posting!

1. 35Ounces
2. ZeeCar
Old 11-27-2004, 11:16 AM
coachk
Banned

35ounces,

The threads in these forums are for exactly what I said,TO TALK ABOUT THINGS AND GET OTHER PEOPLES INPUT. IF you want to start a GB do it in the CLASSIFIED section.

ZeeCar,

I never said that UTR didn't make quality products. I'm sure there product is good quality. I was just curious how much to make this tube out of fiberglass/CF overlay.

You guys need to relax. Lifes to short to get your panties in a bunch.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:25 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

The guy did not make this post to have discussion on his pricing. Be respectful of his post and if your interested contribute, otherwise keep it to yourself. You know what they say about opinions.

The following people are IN for this GB if we get enough participation to get the price down to the $120 shipped price.

Please add your name if you are interested. If not then please refrain from posting!

1. 35Ounces
2. ZeeCar

Last edited by 35ounces; 11-27-2004 at 11:29 AM.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:54 PM
coachk
Banned

What part of the " CLASSIFIED " section for GB do you not understand. There is 3 pages of good discussion about this tube including comments from UTR. The 4th page started out good but then someone tried to start a GB, but they didn't do it in the "CLASSIFIED" section. Threads are for discussions, "CLASSIFIEDS" are for GB.

I can already tell that there will be a reply that says blah blah blah blah blah blah... Where have the oldtimers gone that contributed good information when I first became a member along time ago.
Old 11-27-2004, 06:11 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

Holy cow! Dude I cant believe you keep going on and on about nothing.

Try and understand this: Its not my GB and not up to me to post it anywhere else. The vendor made that post in response to the pricing discussion. Maybe you ought to read the entire thread.

In any case, they are just trying to gauge interest here. Thats all.

Get over it and get over yourself and the good old days.

UTR: maybe you can you post the GB in the proper section before this guy blows a gasket.

Last edited by 35ounces; 11-27-2004 at 06:57 PM.
Old 11-27-2004, 08:13 PM
Taikeson

Default Interested in Group Buy

Agree with 35ounces, this thread should not be a pricing discussion session, I am sure UTR has their rules and guidelines when they set their pricing, I am interested in this groupbuy, thanks.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:31 PM
silver_03_z

i'm in for the GB
Old 11-28-2004, 01:34 AM
omen68x

Considering that I just paid $124 shipped for a CF radiator cooling plate, I think that the CF tube would be a good price at $120 shipped!

----

1. 35Ounces
2. ZeeCar
3. Taikeson
4. silver_03_z
5. omen68x
Old 11-28-2004, 06:55 AM
coachk
Banned

Hey bonehead - If you would learn how to read you would see that UTR correctly started a GB back in Sept. on the VEDOR CLASSIFIED. When will these young boys ever learn that knowledge comes with years of experience and not what they've learned on MTV. I'm sure the response back will be something like this.. BLAH BLAH BLAH YO YO BLAH BLAH BLAH DUDE BLAH BLAH BLAH. RELAX young man its all in good fun...
Old 11-28-2004, 07:05 AM
LUCK

Default I'm in for $120

GROUP BUY FOR $120 SHIP (Need 11+)

1. 35Ounces
2. ZeeCar
3. Taikeson
4. silver_03_z
5. omen68
6. LUCK

Thank you.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:13 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

coachk: give it a break already.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:52 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Seriously guys, it's enough. There is nothing more distasteful on the boards that arguing for arguements sake.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:05 AM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That looks like a great tube and I think that UTR has been more than generous with their offer. Hopefully UTR will notice Adam's post about the clamps and check into it.

Like the people that feel it is their duty to tear apart posted mods by other members, just because they personally don't like them, I always worry that companies will pass on posting their new products in the future because of the "abuse" they may receive. If it's a "crap" product, word will get around soon enough. Same for the price. I believe that we should encourage, rather than discourage, companies from posting their new products on these boards.

And finally, I'm sorry to fan the flames, but I just can't let this go...

What part of the " CLASSIFIED " section for GB do you not understand. There is 3 pages of good discussion about this tube including comments from UTR. The 4th page started out good but then someone tried to start a GB, but they didn't do it in the "CLASSIFIED" section. Threads are for discussions, "CLASSIFIEDS" are for GB.

I can already tell that there will be a reply that says blah blah blah blah blah blah... Where have the oldtimers gone that contributed good information when I first became a member along time ago.
Coachk, here are some of your contributions from those "good discussion" pages. If you were not trying to start a "group buy" in this thread then I don't know what you were doing...:

UTR- Looks like you got 3 sales waiting for your reply. I'm sure your checking this thread daily...RIGHT.
Anybody buy yet at 140.00? If not lets show UTR that we are interested at 100.00 and start a list. I'm in.........
I e-mailed Unlimited Tuning so lets see if they respond. Any other members interested in the tube please acknowledge.

BTW, 35ounces has been on this board for about a half year longer than you and has ~8 times the amount of posts as you. I do agree that he is a bonehead, but aren't all heads made of bone? In addition, I am a Charter Member of this site (aka "old timer") and frankly I don't really remember you. Sorry.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:03 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

Uggh!

Please add your name if you are interested.

1. 35Ounces
2. ZeeCar
3. Taikeson
4. silver_03_z
5. omen68
6. LUCK
Old 11-29-2004, 09:43 PM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im in as well

Quick Reply: UTR Carbon Fiber Z Tube