It's Time to build the Motor

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Spoon_sports808

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4.3 l?
are you going to put an aebs stroker?
(just wondering)
and tt (if u using aebs) .. when i talked about this to the people on the chat they thought i was nuts.
Old 11-13-2004, 12:06 AM
Jsn350Z

Just subscribing. Most amazing Z ever built...
Old 11-13-2004, 12:22 AM
bascelik

Default Re: It's Time to build the Motor

Originally posted by mazzoo
Okay guys and girls. Now that the bodywork is all done it's time to make the Z go as fast as it looks. I will do my best to keep this post up to date with new pictures and information, as I did with the bodywork. The owner of Light Speed Performance will also be updating you with what he is doing as well. Feel free to ask him any questions about the build as we move along. He would be better to ask the questions to then me because well that’s what he does. hehe If you have not been following the body work here is a link you can go to: The Start of my Widebody

I will post a list of what we plan to do to the motor very soon.

Thanks
Chris
Hey Chris, my wife was at Tom's and saw your car. She does not like yellow in general, but she said your yellow was the best she's ever seen. Nice hue of green underneath the yellow. I like the way you're going with the car... it is possible NX won't even be necessary. I think I recommended either custom turbo (since its a stroker) or an APS for this car. Is Tom gonna do all the work (once AEBS finishes their work)? How long do you think it'll take for all the above?

Another Q for ya: since I'm thinking you'll need custom fiberglass molding for your interior (to match exterior), what shop are you going to use? I'm serious about getting some custom enclosures done for my Z, once I'm budgeting on the stereo...
Old 11-13-2004, 01:20 AM
dansouliere

I wonder how the APS kit would run on the stroker. The kit was specificaly designed for 3.5L.
Old 11-13-2004, 06:36 AM
mazzoo

Default Re: Re: It's Time to build the Motor

Originally posted by bascelik
Hey Chris, my wife was at Tom's and saw your car. She does not like yellow in general, but she said your yellow was the best she's ever seen. Nice hue of green underneath the yellow. I like the way you're going with the car... it is possible NX won't even be necessary. I think I recommended either custom turbo (since its a stroker) or an APS for this car. Is Tom gonna do all the work (once AEBS finishes their work)? How long do you think it'll take for all the above?

Another Q for ya: since I'm thinking you'll need custom fiberglass molding for your interior (to match exterior), what shop are you going to use? I'm serious about getting some custom enclosures done for my Z, once I'm budgeting on the stereo...
Thanks.. I think I am going to have Fiber Images do all my enclosures in carbon fiber.
Old 11-13-2004, 03:49 PM
mazzoo

Ok guys the Dyno run was made today. I will have to post pic's tomorrow. The stock motor with the only mod being the Cat back Nvidia Exhaust. I did 3 runs and the best was 234 rwhp. I will post the dyno sheet as soon as I get it scanned in. Pictures and a video clip will be posted soon.
Old 11-13-2004, 04:25 PM
G3po

Default APS on stroker

Originally posted by dansouliere
I wonder how the APS kit would run on the stroker. The kit was specificaly designed for 3.5L.
I'm sure it would be a TQ monster, but the "big fuel" system upgrade and a major re-tune. (or equivalent woud be a must).

Of course most of the OEM drivetrain would end up totally inadequate if the TQ were to make it down to the Tarmac.
Old 11-13-2004, 04:56 PM
ReavTek

Damn, how do you get your sponsors? Good luck or connections? I wish I could throw that much money into my car :/ I'd goto every farkin show.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:29 AM
solja

Subscribing
Old 11-16-2004, 06:45 PM
thunder0880

bump
Old 11-17-2004, 03:24 PM
J Ritt

I've seen Chris' car in person, and I'm very happy to have StopTech as a part of the project. He has done an incredible job on it, and I'm eager to see the final project. When it is done, it will be in very rare company, and I'm sure it will be racking in trophies and magazine covers. ZXRage is working on a real beauty as well. Good work guys. I can't wait to hear about the success of these cars. Being an almost pure performance guy, I'm anxious to see the numbers Chris' car will lay down.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:32 PM
mazzoo

Originally posted by J Ritt
I've seen Chris' car in person, and I'm very happy to have StopTech as a part of the project. He has done an incredible job on it, and I'm eager to see the final project. When it is done, it will be in very rare company, and I'm sure it will be racking in trophies and magazine covers. ZXRage is working on a real beauty as well. Good work guys. I can't wait to hear about the success of these cars. Being an almost pure performance guy, I'm anxious to see the numbers Chris' car will lay down.
Hey Jeff,
Thanks for your kind words about the car. I to am very happy to have StopTech as a part of this project. I am happy to let you and the others on this site know that the motor is out of the car. I am working on finding a turbo kit company that would be eager to have their name on a car that will be putting down the kind of numbers this car will be doing. I do have a lot of magazines that are just waiting for the motor work to be done. I am very happy to represent StopTech as well as my other sponsors in the up coming magazine coverage. StopTech is a great company and it is made better by employees like you.

Chris
Old 11-17-2004, 06:19 PM
VQ35Kompressor

Any pixes? Previous pixes?
Old 11-17-2004, 06:32 PM
mazzoo

Originally posted by VQ35Kompressor
Any pixes? Previous pixes?

The Start of my Widebody
Old 11-26-2004, 08:29 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump...
Old 11-26-2004, 08:49 AM
Skrill

Lordy ... I am usually the harshest critic of bling-bling mods, body kits, deep-dish rims, etc. (I think most of that stuff looks stupid and is entirely non-functional) --- but this car --- damn, it looks really, really good. Congrats!

Good luck with it!
Old 11-29-2004, 07:00 PM
mazzoo

Hey guys. I know some time has past from my last post. I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. The only news I have is that most of the parts have been ordered. The only part that has come in is the GT Spec Lower Arm Bar Combo kit that I got from Z1 Auto. I talked to them for quite some time and really got a lot out of it. The bars are here and they look great! Sorry guys my camera is broken, so I have to get a new one before I can take some new pic's. It broke thanks to me leaving it on the back bumper of my truck when I drove away. I know not the smartest thing I have ever done. I needed to get a new one anyways. You can also follow the progress on my shops website. Light Speed Performance Tom at light speed is good at keeping his site up to date. He has two 350's getting built right now.
Old 11-30-2004, 05:39 PM
Blownaway

Ill be in NJ for the show...

Good luck with the motor. Car is wonderfull
Old 11-30-2004, 06:33 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

glad they arrived....

blownaway..we should meet up when you are in town
Old 12-01-2004, 05:33 AM
Blownaway

will do, I used to go to Englishtown for Waterfest (big VW/Audi event) Alot of fun. Looking forward to it, maybe I can pick up a supercharger sponsor before the event.

Quick Reply: It's Time to build the Motor