Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

It's Time to build the Motor

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 06:30 AM
mazzoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a pic of the motor out of the car.

Old 12-01-2004, 04:40 PM
GregGSC

sleaved block or not? BTW nice job on the car I saw it at sema and was very impressed.
Old 12-01-2004, 06:03 PM
mazzoo

Originally posted by GregGSC
sleaved block or not? BTW nice job on the car I saw it at sema and was very impressed.
Thanks, we all worked very hard on the car to get it to SEMA. SEMA was very fun but I don't think my feet have stopped throbbing yet. I had a great time talking to all the people about the car and about their cars.

The block is at AEBS getting the 8.5 to 1 stroker kit. So yes it is sleaved. hehe
Old 01-17-2005, 10:54 AM
ryanmac516
i like boobies

i cant wait to see this monster finished
Old 01-17-2005, 08:57 PM
uplz4588

i cant wait to read the thread " cars done, putting down 1110 whp all turbo!" and he will have all the traction in the world on his side also... ! GL mazoo hope to see your car at a chicagoland HIN soon!

on a side note i know you were selling your chrome greddy pipes, but still keeping the turbos... do you think they will push enough air for that crazy 4.3L? 18G's can only push up to 700-800 HP im guessing...
Old 01-17-2005, 09:22 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by uplz4588
i cant wait to read the thread " cars done, putting down 1110 whp all turbo!" and he will have all the traction in the world on his side also... ! GL mazoo hope to see your car at a chicagoland HIN soon!

on a side note i know you were selling your chrome greddy pipes, but still keeping the turbos... do you think they will push enough air for that crazy 4.3L? 18G's can only push up to 700-800 HP im guessing...
18G's flow about 400hp each turbo, i'm sure they'll be able to handle what his shop and him wants.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:32 PM
omarv6

good luck man.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:01 AM
mazzoo

Originally posted by uplz4588

I have plans to go to chicago for HIN. Also, I am selling the whole Greddy kit. Not just the pipes. I am going with a different turbo kit that will give me more HP.

To keep up with what I am doing with the car you can go to wide350z.com or Light Speed Performance.

Last edited by mazzoo; 01-18-2005 at 05:04 AM.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:04 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by mazzoo
I have plans to go to chicago for HIN. Also, I am selling the whole Greddy kit. Not just the pipes. I am going with a different turbo kit that will give me more HP.

To keep up with what I am doing with the car you can go to wide350z.com or Light Speed Performance.
So which tt kit have you decided to go with?
Old 01-18-2005, 05:13 AM
mazzoo

Originally posted by nis350ztt
So which tt kit have you decided to go with?
I will be going with the SSR Engineering TT kit. It really is the best kit out there for making high HP. Before this kit came out the only kit that could make very high HP was the Greddy with the TD06 20G turbo. APS and PE are very good kits for stock or close to stock motors. You can make really good HP with them. I am trying for 800whp on pump gas and over 1000whp with race gas so they just wont work for me.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:35 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Nice. I plan on going with the Turbonetics kit and HKS F-Con V-Pro. Can't wait to see your engine completed .

Last edited by nis350ztt; 02-24-2005 at 03:15 PM.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:08 PM
ZRAYGO

I will be going with the SSR Engineering TT kit. It really is the best kit out there for making high HP. Before this kit came out the only kit that could make very high HP was the Greddy with the TD06 20G turbo. APS and PE are very good kits for stock or close to stock motors. You can make really good HP with them. I am trying for 800whp on pump gas and over 1000whp with race gas so they just wont work for me.
dam mazoo,

good luck with your car. i think you and ben are trend setters.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:45 PM
mazzoo

Originally posted by ZRAYGO
dam mazoo,

good luck with your car. i think you and ben are trend setters.
Thanks

Ben is a good guy and I have a lot of respect for what he has done. I am glad we live in different states. I would hate to compete agenst him. I would love to show next to his car. Both cars are so different but yet have the same things done to them. It would be cool to see them next to one another.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:57 PM
ReavTek

What is your plan on getting this power to the ground? It would be of great benefit to learn how I could calm down wheel hop...
Old 02-25-2005, 05:08 AM
mazzoo

Originally posted by ReavTek
What is your plan on getting this power to the ground? It would be of great benefit to learn how I could calm down wheel hop...

I am using the Autronic ECU with traction control + I have 345 size tires.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:01 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

I am using the Autronic ECU with traction control + I have 345 size tires.
Can you give us any preliminary info on the Autronic ECU?
Old 02-25-2005, 07:16 AM
mazzoo

Originally posted by nis350ztt
Can you give us any preliminary info on the Autronic ECU?

http://www.autronic.com/

I will have a review with pic's and video when we are at that point.

I got this off their website:

SMC:

Autronic SMC is sequential 3D ECU available in three case styles, standard, sealed and water proof.

This is the biggest selling model and is suitable for most applications.

The Autronic SMC includes harness, air and water temp sensor, internal map sensor, fuel pump relay, PC data cable, calibration and data logging software, 100 page manual.

The internal map sensor is available in 1bar absolute or 4.4 bar absolute (50 psi).

Available with high current (low impedance) or low current (high impedance) injector drivers.

Harness is a flying lead type and has a connector which plugs into the Ecu, and has a socket for fuel pump relay, and socket for data cable connection to a IBM compatible PC or Laptop serial port. The other end of the harness has to be connected as per the wiring diagram .

The software is compatible with USB ports, when used with USB to serial adapter.

Case Dimensions:

L = 150mm (6")
W = 120mm (4 3/4")
H = 35mm (1 3/8

Features:
Sequential operation for 2 to 8 cylinder engines.
Eight injector ouputs.
Four ignition outputs

3D fuel and Ignition maps.
User defined up to 32 RPM and 16 Load sites = 512 sites.
Anti-Lag.
Flat Shift (ver 1.19).
Data Logging.
Software selectable trigger angle.
Support for multi-tooth or missing teeth triggers.
Auxiliary outputs other than fuel pump control
8 cyl engine = 1 (1 PWM output).
6 cyl engine = 3 (1 PWM + 2 On/Off)
4 cyl engine = 5(1 PWM + 4 On/Off)
Auxiliary outputs can be defined for boost control, nitrous oxide, camshaft
timing, AC, fan control, idle valve etc...
Available with high current drivers if required.
AutoTune option available.
Optional Water Proof case for marine or harsh environments

SM2:

This model is aimed at the serious racer. With traction control, it is ideal for circuit racing.

The Autronic SM2 includes harness, air and water temp sensor, internal map sensor, fuel pump relay, PC data cable, calibration and data logging software, 100 page manual.

The internal map sensor is available in 1bar absolute or 4.4 bar absolute (50 psi).

Available with high current (low impedance) or low current (high impedance) injector drivers.

Harness is flying lead type and has a connector which plugs into the Ecu, and socket for fuel pump relay.

The data cable to connects between PC or Laptop serial port and socket on the ECU case.
Software is compatible with USB ports, when used with USB to serial adapter.

Case Dimensions:

L = 180mm (7")
W = 200mm (8")
H = 40mm (1 1/2")

Features:
Sequential operation for 2 to 8 cylinder engines.
Eight injector ouputs.
Four ignition ouputs (ignition expander available for up to 8 outputs)
3D fuel and Ignition maps.
User defined up to 32 RPM and 16 Load sites = 512 sites.
Eight auxiliary outputs other than fuel pump control.
Auxiliary outputs can be defined for boost control, nitrous oxide, staged
injectors, camshaft timing, AC, fan control, idle valve etc...
Traction Control.
Flat Shift. (ver 1.92 & 1.93)
Launch Control. (ver 1.93)
Anti-Lag.
Data Logging.
Available with high current drivers if required.
AutoTune option available.
Compatible with Motec Dash.

SM4:

The SM4 is our latest model ECU. This ECU has many features which allow it to be setup to suit various types of engine configurations. It has very flexible options over how the inputs and outputs are controlled, and allows the user to design their own functions to control all sorts of devices. Precise control of injectors and ignition angle are guaranteed at very low or high RPM or manifold pressures. A very high level of protection from interference and tolerance of trigger input errors has been built into this ECU, ensuring a smooth running engine even under the most demanding conditions.

Variable camshaft control for up to two camshaft. Control of camshaft position is very precise and time taken to advance from full retard to full advance is less the 1 second. Support for most VVT and VANOS systems.

Closed loop control of idle speed and boost pressure makes for a "factory" idle speed stability, and precise control of boost pressure. Boost control can be setup to provide a different boost in each gear.

The addition of the internal knock control module gives one of the most advanced aftermarket knock control available. Knock control is user definable to use either fuel enrichment or ignition retard or a combination of both the control only the cylinders that have knock.

HARDWARE:

Main Connector 42 way sealed with protective cover.

PC serial data link connector 3 way 3.5 dia.

Case, silver extruded aluminium, 130 x 124 x 48 MM (overall).

Processor speed 25% faster & overall performance > 2.OX previous generation.

OK to 13,000 rpm on 16 cylinder engine. 1 to 12 cylinders to > 16000rpm.

ECU to PC data link operates at up to 115k baud for fast cal down load & Log file upload (19sec typ for 112k bytes). 112k logging memory.

Internal Diagnostic light & optional remote light.

High efficiency power supply & output drivers for reduced power consumption and reduced self-heating.

Four ignition outputs. (With ignition external expander up to eight) Rating Push-Pull +/-1 amp max. Up to 3 useable for alternate functions.

Software selectable mappable dwell or O/P pulse duration modes possible.

Four coil dwell, software selectable.

Eight injector outputs. Rating selectable software 4/1 amp 2/0.5 amp peak/hold type for high & low current injector types or parallel operation of injector pairs. Rating may be specified independently for 2 groups of 4 O/Ps. Sequential, single or double shot 1 or 2 group fire possible for up to 16 injectors. Up to 7 useable for alternate functions.

10 General purpose (GP) Outputs
5 Pull-down @ 3.5 amp max
1 Pull-down @ 1 amp max
4 Push-Pull @ +/- 1 amp max (also suitable for stepper motor control).

15 Pulse width modulators to GP, spare Injector or Ignition O/Ps. All have 1 OHz min, 3 have upper limit of 50OHz, 2 have upper limit of 1.2KHz. In-built dual reluctor interface / hall effect interface. Camshaft & crankshaft sensor inputs individually software configurable for hall effect & reluctor sensor types. Response speed is also software configurable for improved noise immunity.

Three general purpose digital Inputs with logic level sensitivity & pullup to +5volts. Useable for speed measurement. Switch I/Ps. Two are useable for Camshaft position measurement.

Knock control with individual cylinder retard (requires installation or additional internal module).

Variable Camshaft control for up to two camshafts. VANOS and other VVT supported.

Autronic or NTC air temp sensors, software selectable.

Internal or external map sensor, software selectable.

High and low injector driver software selectable.

Stepper motor idle control.

Support for most idle valve type including 2 wire, 3 wire & stepper possible. Stepper pins can be used for spare outputs if not used for idle control.

Support for air flow meters.

Internal Pressure sensor useable for MAP &/or barometric sensing.

Tacho & Diagnostic outputs.

2 x Spare Analog inputs (EGT, EBP, 02, etc...) Spare analog Inputs may be used as additional low speed digital inputs (eg:- switch inputs).

Analog inputs can be set for predefined calibrations or user defined calibrations.

SOFTWARE:

Autotune (self tuning software).
Launch Control (two step rev limiter based on vehicle speed).
Flatshift (change gears without clutch at WOT using standard gearbox).
Antilag (keep turbocharger on boost during gear changes) with turbo cooldown function.
Selectable ignition tables. Output tables can be based on any X and Y axis parmentier.
Fuel and ignition tables have 32 rpm and 16 load site axis.
Many correction tables for precision fuel & ignition adaption.
Table axis values totally user selectable.
Multi tooth, missing tooth, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Ford TFI and Gen3 triggers. Software selectable trigger angle.
Dedicated idle control with additional settings for better adaption to changing operating condition and a more stable idle.
Dedicated Closed loop boost control, and other settings for stable boost pressures. Dedicated A/C compressor control.
Dedicated twin cooling fan control.
Dedicated NOS injection control, coordinates fuel & ignition.
13 General purpose control modules for O/P control. (use for variable fuel pump, power steering, inlet manifold air valves, extra temperature control devices etc) 4 of these are capable of PID feedback control (typical application for PIDs are variable camshaft positioning or inlet manifold length).
Mapping via manifold pressure, throttle position, manifold and throttle or manifold, throttle and exhaust backpressure.

Case Dimensions:

L = 130mm (5-1/8")
W = 124mm (4-7/8")
H = 48mm (1-7/8")
Weight = 0.5kg (1.1 lbs)

Last edited by mazzoo; 02-25-2005 at 07:30 AM.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:59 AM
turbo-maxima

the hardest part for that standalone is going to wiring up both crank sensors, and getting the ignition working correctly.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:45 AM
mazzoo

Here are some more pic's on the motor mods:

Light Speed Stage 3 Heads:

Old 02-25-2005, 10:46 AM
mazzoo

Originally posted by turbo-maxima
the hardest part for that standalone is going to wiring up both crank sensors, and getting the ignition working correctly.

It should not be as hard as you think.

Quick Reply: It's Time to build the Motor