Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

350Z Power Enterprise (IHI) bolt on twin turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 06:04 AM
Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually this information has been out for quite some time. I posted pictures a while back and have already preordered a TT kit for a local customer. It is due in March or April. The exhausts are coming in March but I'm trying to air freight some in sooner than that. Won't have any more info until we get closer to that release date. Some configurations may change. Importlife also was going to do interview. See this thread:
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=15233
Old 02-02-2003, 09:03 AM
TereP

Want some info on Power Enterprises TT straight from their website??? http://www.power-enterprise.co.jp/ (use a Japanese translator for some of it)

It sure looks like it's gonna be awesome -- my guess is about 100hp increase with the bolt-on kit. It looks like it's gonna be better than the Greddy bolt-on (about 60hp). The Power Enterprises TT also includes everything you need, not like Greddy where you're gonna have to buy things like the intercooler separately.
Attached Thumbnails 350Z Power Enterprise (IHI) bolt on twin turbo kit-eng.jpg  
Old 02-02-2003, 09:09 AM
TereP

Here's a better picture of the Power Enterprises TT...
Attached Thumbnails 350Z Power Enterprise (IHI) bolt on twin turbo kit-z33turboinstallation1.jpg  
Old 02-02-2003, 11:20 AM
Rizzness

WOW- That is not a bad deal!!! A $hit-load of HP for 6-8K!!!
Boy am I glad that there is a dealer in MA-- not too far from me either --- getting excited!!!
ZZ
Old 02-02-2003, 02:54 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

gotta find out if it works for the G35
Old 02-02-2003, 03:57 PM
speedtrip

Default Re: 350Z Power Enterprise (IHI) bolt on twin turbo kit

Originally posted by Pouya
Hey guys,
I am going to be importing a bunch of Power Enterprise turbo kits and turbos from Japan, and I was wondering if any of you guys wanted me to bring over their twin-turbo kit for the 350Z? Power Enterprise is a really respectable tuner in Japan, and is beginning their products will soon bring brough over seas just like Trust and Blitz were. I don't really know of any other place you can get such a great turbo kit in America, so I'd thought I post it here and see if anyone was interested. The release date in Japan is April of 2003, but it might be released even before. The turbo kit utilizes PE1420SP and PE1820SP turbos. IHI is the company that makes these turbos for Power Enterprise (just like Mitsubishi makes them for GReddy, Garrett for HKS, and IHI for Apexi).
What kind of product support is to be expected? Looking at the complexity and prices I would expect concise instructions properly translated to english. Will you stock spare parts in case something is missing or breaks. With the prices that are being thrown around if something should go wrong I would hate to buy a kit and be told to wait 2-3 weeks because a part has to be shippped from Japan.

Thanks!
Old 02-03-2003, 10:06 AM
valuetl

I'm hearing a May ~ June release date for the TT kit. Exhaust system is avalable now.

Last edited by valuetl; 02-03-2003 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-03-2003, 01:46 PM
integrate

Default Re: HP FIGURES

Originally posted by Nazar
OH BTW

Here are some HP figures on the car they have been testing.

At 11 psi The car made 370HP at th erear wheels

At 1.3 Bar = About 18 psi The car made 430 HP at the rear wheels

The kit will come with a restricter thet will eliminate the car from making any more then 11 psi.

Nazar
I expected more than 370rwhp at 11psi...430rwhp is also pretty weak for 18psi, IMO. Maybe the car was running really rich? But with that much boost, I can see why if it'd be running rich. The motor seems pretty strong though running 18psi, on a stock block I'm assuming.

Last edited by integrate; 02-03-2003 at 01:50 PM.
Old 02-03-2003, 09:22 PM
jeffrey

Uh.. hrm.
Old 02-04-2003, 04:29 AM
gfornal

If you look at the links page off www.power-enterprise.co.jp site you will see all authorized dealers and US Distributor. I would be very carefull before I put down $7,500 for a turbo kit for a company that wasn't even a distributor or a dealer. It is a waiting game people. Make it and they shall come. They being the preformance parts from tuners.

thanks,
Greg
Old 02-04-2003, 05:04 AM
Monkey Man

Originally posted by gfornal
If you look at the links page off www.power-enterprise.co.jp site you will see all authorized dealers and US Distributor. I would be very carefull before I put down $7,500 for a turbo kit for a company that wasn't even a distributor or a dealer. It is a waiting game people. Make it and they shall come. They being the preformance parts from tuners.

thanks,
Greg
Very good point. My shop for instance, gets our PE products from Santeca, as they are the only US distributor.
Old 02-04-2003, 06:27 AM
valuetl

Another King Motor Sports in the making.
Old 02-04-2003, 07:00 AM
Guru

Actually no, PE will still sell to me as an official dealer but for smaller quantities they encourage me to go through Santeca. I have the option of going direct with them as well though so no, it's not like King Motorsports and thank goodness Brian at Santeca is not ANYTHING like that jerk Scott at King Motorsports. I have to e-mail PE and have them update my banner and website address.
Old 02-04-2003, 07:25 AM
Monkey Man

Originally posted by Guru
thank goodness Brian at Santeca is not ANYTHING like that jerk Scott at King Motorsports.
I agree 100%, we won't even sell Mugen anymore, because it is such a hassle. Only good things to say about the crew over at Santeca.

-Jeremy
Old 02-04-2003, 07:51 AM
mcduck

You guys have to remember twin turbo aftermarket kits aren't cheap.
Well, I don't care who gets the kit to me... just get it here!!!

As for price... by April, I'm sure I can put down whatever it takes to get this in my Z. It certainly does sound more promising on HP gains than the Greddy kit.

I'll commit to getting this early on if...
  • it includes precise instructions in English so I, or a shop, can do the work properly
  • it includes all necessary components
  • price comes in at the estimated $7500-$8000 or less
  • the kit does, indeed, produce 370rwhp! For those not paying attention, that is something like a 160hp gain at the crank or a 450hp Z! Sweeeet!

Monkey Man... is there a list I need to get on (feel free to contact me by email... mcduck@earthlink.net ? Also, are "guinea pigs" needed for when this first arrives? I don't mind being a test case. It sounds like, with the restrictor holding boost to 11psi, that they are trying to minimize potential failures with stock components
Old 02-04-2003, 12:03 PM
Monkey Man

Originally posted by mcduck
Monkey Man... is there a list I need to get on (feel free to contact me by email... mcduck@earthlink.net
You are already on my list. You will be notified soon.

-Jeremy
Old 02-04-2003, 01:28 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

i want to know whats restricting it to 11 so if i build up the motor i can increase the boost
Old 02-04-2003, 02:16 PM
DrRick

and if you need a G35 coupe to test...........
Old 02-04-2003, 05:43 PM
integrate

Originally posted by ihatethatbobbarker
i want to know whats restricting it to 11 so if i build up the motor i can increase the boost

Nothing?? If you read a previous post Nazar, PE was pushing 18psi, and I doubt they built the motor.

Quick Reply: 350Z Power Enterprise (IHI) bolt on twin turbo kit