Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

350Z Power Enterprise (IHI) bolt on twin turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 05:55 PM
Monkey Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by integrate
Nothing?? If you read a previous post Nazar, PE was pushing 18psi, and I doubt they built the motor.
Don't plan on running 18psi for more than a few WOT runs before you shoot a rod through your block. I'm sure it can be done on race fuel, but I would recommend doing it.

-Jeremy
Old 02-04-2003, 06:00 PM
integrate

Originally posted by Monkey Man
Don't plan on running 18psi for more than a few WOT runs before you shoot a rod through your block. I'm sure it can be done on race fuel, but I would recommend doing it.

-Jeremy
Haha, of course. I was wondering why PE even tried boosting 18 psi...maybe they know something we know?
Old 02-04-2003, 06:01 PM
articfury
Charter Member #55

Originally posted by integrate
Nothing?? If you read a previous post Nazar, PE was pushing 18psi, and I doubt they built the motor.
read the rest of the post.
Originally posted by Nazar
At 11 psi The car made 370HP at th erear wheels

At 1.3 Bar = About 18 psi The car made 430 HP at the rear wheels

The kit will come with a restricter thet will eliminate the car from making any more then 11 psi.

Nazar
Most likely a wastegate set for the lower boost level. Not sure if this kit is using external wastegates or not.

JD
Old 02-04-2003, 06:12 PM
integrate

Originally posted by articfury

Most likely a wastegate set for the lower boost level. Not sure if this kit is using external wastegates or not.

JD
Yes, of course there's a waste gate. Ihatethatbobbarker asked why PE stopped at 11psi, which they didn't. They went up to 18psi. So, I'm assuming ihatethatbobbarker just skipped one of the posts where it said that PE got 430rwhp at 18psi. Unless, I read wrong.
Old 02-04-2003, 07:19 PM
Guru

Originally posted by articfury

JD
No, they are using internal wastegates. External ones are definately not necessary for such modest power levels.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:01 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

they said the production kit would be limited to 11
Old 02-09-2003, 05:30 PM
Nazar
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys I am bcak from Vaca,

My understanding from taking to Brian from Santeca, Is thet the elimination is in the vacum line, It is possible to take it out of the system if you opt to beef up the internals.

I am glad to see all the enthusiasm on the Turbos kits.

Nazar
Old 03-31-2003, 12:25 PM
AgentOrange

Default price

i mean it sounds great and all but im a baller on a budget so if i can get a price soon i will be happy; more than likely im going to opt for the stillen S/C. its expected to put out 400 hp and responds better than a turbo. Im not looking to kill the 1/4 just the ferrari's
Old 03-31-2003, 01:07 PM
Pouya

Default Re: The Power Enterprise Twin Turbo Kit

Originally posted by usagi
Everyone should read this!! Not to start a flame but?? I am Brian Brewer Engineer here at Santeca Electronics/Performance.
I just thought I should let you know that we are the Exclusive North American Distributor for Power Enterprise Products. So far the Power Enterprise twin turbo kit is still under developement and R&D for the U.S. 350Z. No one will be importing it but Santeca. Hope I do not have to post anything about this from here on out!! Any questions concerning the P.E. twin turbo kit can be directed to myself at tech@santeca.com or posted to the forum!! Thanx gentlemen!!

DONOT believe this!!

From the following thread posted by pouya"

Hey guys,
I am going to be importing a bunch of Power Enterprise turbo kits and turbos from Japan, and I was wondering if any of you guys wanted me to bring over their twin-turbo kit for the 350Z? Power Enterprise is a really respectable tuner in Japan, and is beginning their products will soon bring brough over seas just like Trust and Blitz were. I don't really know of any other place you can get such a great turbo kit in America, so I'd thought I post it here and see if anyone was interested. The release date in Japan is April of 2003, but it might be released even before. The turbo kit utilizes PE1420SP and PE1820SP turbos. IHI is the company that makes these turbos for Power Enterprise (just like Mitsubishi makes them for GReddy, Garrett for HKS, and IHI for Apexi).
Hey, it is one thing to hi-jack this thread in order to make a profit off selling the kit yourself. It is another thing to question my credibility. You do not know anything about me, hence, I find it funny how you can claim that I am lieing, because you are the "authorized dealer." Give me a break buddy. I was going to import them here because I was importing a lot of other parts (including Power Enterprise parts) from Japan and I thought some people may have been interested. And I am well aware that the kit is still under development.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:53 PM
hyperxmr2

pouya,
did you happen to read if it fits the g35 coupe? still thinking about turbos for a car i dont have yet hahaha.
Old 03-31-2003, 05:52 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

im more interested in the crate motors
im hearing other companies besdies nissan are developing them too
Old 03-31-2003, 09:57 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

would be willing to do it
if i ship it from outside of california its only a little more then our ****ed up prices in il 110 is like $1.10 more from what it is in riverside
also i figure i could give up some of the power to run it on pump gas
my biggest gripe is having 91 octane in ca
Old 04-01-2003, 12:09 AM
yoonietang

the crate motor would probably come with all the problems that most high powered NA motors do. Mainly, race gas required, not street legal, lumpy idle, extremely peaky. Think s2k, think celica, but rev higher. Plus, how long do you want it to last?
Old 04-01-2003, 03:17 AM
turbo03

I would not even think about buying it. The Nissan JDM car has different exhaust manifolds than USA cars. This is due to JDM driving right hand side and USA on the Left. If you the kit right from power Enterprise and it is not made for a USA car then the exhaust manifolds will not fit. You will also have problems using a JDM ecu. I know Power enterprise has a kit her in the USA and is working on new exhaust manifolds and what to do for Engine Management system. Also what type of warranty is offer Poyu? IF is great market i would imagine none.... That is why a lot of people buy from Authorized dealers, especially if the purchase is an aftermarket turbo kit.

my 2 cents...

thanks,
Greg
Old 04-02-2003, 02:35 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

ill probably ahveto change the exhaust manifold no matter waht
were not sure what wed haveto change for a g35 coupe
Old 04-02-2003, 04:26 PM
turbo03

No the new exhaust manifold you get from Power Enterprise in Japan will not fit your car. The kit comes with new exhaust manifolds. They are working on USA kit, but last I heard was tuning was held up. The USA kit will have USA SPEC exhaust manifolds which will fit unlike JAPN spec kit.

thanks,
Greg
Old 04-03-2003, 09:17 AM
franklinz

well its april 03' wheres the turbo buddy???
if these folks dont get their acts together and prove that these new vq motors can handle some stress, and have a decent aftermarket support then i might have to jump ship.
franklinz