Notices

DIY: Disabling VDC

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 10:41 AM
padilla03z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But I have a turbo kit and was under the impression that staggered was the best way to go at the track. I am gonna buy forgestars wit michilien super sports 255/40 285/35 and right now I have on stock 06 wheels 245/40 255/40 nitto invo. It doesn't under steer every time, it only under steers sometimes which lead me to believe it was the abs kicking in but if what u say is true are u sayin I should go square set up even though I'm boosted? Sorry of this is thread jackin but thought this originally was the same question.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:55 PM
mhoward1
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

As long as there is more traction is the rear that the front, the car will understeer. To measure balance you can measure at neutral throttle (IE, maintaining the same speed thorugh out the turn at the limit of tire traction) A balanced car will maintain a 5% to 10% slip angle with all four tires. Most cars will not, they will either oversteer or understeer. Almost every manufactures dial in understeer since it is easier for most drivers to control, and bleeds off more speed in an out of control situation.

If you are understeering with the power on in a turn, then most likely a more square setup will be better....IF....IF...the power, turn in, and driver are smooth and have proper inputs.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:15 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Clutch kick that bish!

*SWAG*

^^^
that one is for Phreaktor lmao
Old 11-05-2013, 08:38 PM
SnoXRacer183

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So bumping an old thread.

I did this install tonight and screwed something up. I tried to use the power coming from the orange wire to illuminate my rocker switch. I did something wrong and I no longer have power coming through my orange wire to the sensor.

I checked all my fuses under the dash and under the hood. They are all good. What did my idiot self short circuit/fry? Anyone have a suggestion how to get power back to the sensor?
Old 01-03-2014, 03:26 AM
GSX_R_84

Hi guys,
I am new of this forum and Italian....so I am sorry for my English but it is not my first language yet.

I am looking for a 350z 2007-2008 in these days, hopefully I will find a good one by February.

I am undecided to buy an Enthusiast or Touring trim because I have to figure out the disabling of the VDC (in the case of Touring trim).

In that trim it is possible to disable the VDC at 100%? I need it to make the drift

Otherwise I can buy an Enthusiast trim that It does not have

Thank you very much
Old 01-03-2014, 07:28 PM
sportbiketed

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Yes
Old 01-03-2014, 10:19 PM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Kinda of topic: will the VDC still fully work with an engine swap?
Old 01-04-2014, 01:48 AM
GSX_R_84

I have read that in Touring type pushing the VDC Disable button I get a TCS = Completely OFF and VDC=not completely off

In order to disable completely the VDC I need to disconnect the G-Sensor....

It is correct or not? Before buy It is important to know
Old 01-04-2014, 03:36 PM
sportbiketed

Originally Posted by midz350
Kinda of topic: will the VDC still fully work with an engine swap?
No

Originally Posted by GSX_R_84
I have read that in Touring type pushing the VDC Disable button I get a TCS = Completely OFF and VDC=not completely off

In order to disable completely the VDC I need to disconnect the G-Sensor....

It is correct or not? Before buy It is important to know
Yes
Old 01-05-2014, 04:07 AM
GSX_R_84

ok perfect, where I can find the wiring diagram of the G-Sensor for 350z 2007-2008?

Thank you very much
Old 01-05-2014, 10:05 PM
sportbiketed

Top of the page...
Old 01-06-2014, 12:23 AM
GSX_R_84

but the top of the post says to cut the orange wire...the color is the same for the 03-08 350z?
Old 01-06-2014, 03:09 PM
sportbiketed

Yes
Old 01-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Bigsyke

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sportbiketed
Yes
This thread is for Nissan owners
Old 03-03-2014, 12:07 PM
alexv350z

I have a european model and it has an esp (off) button olny (no vdc,tcs) Will this mod work for me??
Old 03-03-2014, 01:41 PM
GSX_R_84

yes it is the same, in fact VDC=ESP

PS: I am europeann
Old 03-03-2014, 11:19 PM
alexv350z

Nice! Thanks gsx_r_84 for the fast reply
Old 03-04-2014, 07:55 AM
foreverdr1ft

Default Simpler way to disable VDC, ABS, etc...

Props to idrive_MD for this awesome and detailed DIY! Not to outdo his or anything like that, but I wanted to add/help out by supplementing this diy with another easier way if you do NOT want to cut/splice wires & manipulate the "yaw rate/side G sensor" (Nissan's words, not mine, in the FSM diagram, see pics). The only thing you will have to deal with is all the lights in the dash- VDC, ABS, SLIP etc etc. I've become desensitized to them so they don't bother me anymore. Also if you do not like to manually readjust the way your car helps you drive esp. in the rain or spinning out accidentally (eh hem, VDC) or hairy situations like suddenly slamming on your brakes (eh hem, ABS), then do not perform this it's not intended for you...

x2 Tools needed- your hands and a small flat head screwdriver (pocket screwdriver works best)

1. Open your hood (for Z owners afterwards remove plastic "brake fluid" cover; G owners do not have one)
2. Locate the grey-colored connector on the side of ABS module (circled in red, see pic)
3. Next, locate the release tab on the side of connector just mentioned and press inward using the screwdriver, wiggle & pull it away.. it'll help to use that screwdriver and fit it in-between the 2 connectors as leverage if you have difficulty pulling it out.
4. Disconnect, you're done!

I always have this connector unplugged not matter what, even in inclement weather. However, if you do not feel comfortable disabling VDC, ABS etc. then reconnect it while daily driving and disconnect it when you hit up the track or drift events. **Disclaimer- I am in no way responsible for your actions if you disconnect this plug and get into an accident! Use at your own discretion **

-foreverdr1ft
Attached Thumbnails DIY: Disabling VDC-yaw-rate-side-g-sensor.jpg   DIY: Disabling VDC-dctodrift.jpg   DIY: Disabling VDC-dctodrift2.jpg  
Old 03-05-2014, 05:57 AM
Z33Garage

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by foreverdr1ft
Props to idrive_MD for this awesome and detailed DIY! Not to outdo his or anything like that, but I wanted to add/help out by supplementing this diy with another easier way if you do NOT want to cut/splice wires & manipulate the "yaw rate/side G sensor" (Nissan's words, not mine, in the FSM diagram, see pics). The only thing you will have to deal with is all the lights in the dash- VDC, ABS, SLIP etc etc. I've become desensitized to them so they don't bother me anymore. Also if you do not like to manually readjust the way your car helps you drive esp. in the rain or spinning out accidentally (eh hem, VDC) or hairy situations like suddenly slamming on your brakes (eh hem, ABS), then do not perform this it's not intended for you...

x2 Tools needed- your hands and a small flat head screwdriver (pocket screwdriver works best)

1. Open your hood (for Z owners afterwards remove plastic "brake fluid" cover; G owners do not have one)
2. Locate the grey-colored connector on the side of ABS module (circled in red, see pic)
3. Next, locate the release tab on the side of connector just mentioned and press inward using the screwdriver, wiggle & pull it away.. it'll help to use that screwdriver and fit it in-between the 2 connectors as leverage if you have difficulty pulling it out.
4. Disconnect, you're done!

I always have this connector unplugged not matter what, even in inclement weather. However, if you do not feel comfortable disabling VDC, ABS etc. then reconnect it while daily driving and disconnect it when you hit up the track or drift events. **Disclaimer- I am in no way responsible for your actions if you disconnect this plug and get into an accident! Use at your own discretion **

-foreverdr1ft

So I take it that one can make a switch for this as well ( if one can acquire the same 2 connectors and add a switch in between)? And then wire the connector in the cabin for ease of on/off?
Old 03-05-2014, 07:19 AM
sportbiketed

Originally Posted by go7roo7
So I take it that one can make a switch for this as well ( if one can acquire the same 2 connectors and add a switch in between)? And then wire the connector in the cabin for ease of on/off?
That would be a lot more complicated with all those wires.

When I disable my ABS I basically replaced the ABS fuse with a switch(still had an inline fuse). With the car on you turn off the switch, press the brake to disable the ABS and turn the switch back on. If you do not turn on the switch then your brake lights will not work.

Quick Reply: DIY: Disabling VDC