Notices

How to install CJM Stage 2 fuel system

Old 03-14-2016, 07:37 AM
Staisman

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts
Default How to install CJM Stage 2 fuel system

This past weekend I was doing CJM Stage 2 upgarde installation and since the kit comes with no instructions whatsoever I looked for help online with no luck. So I decided to make this DIY guide.

Since I already had Stage 0 installed you will not find info about pump installation or return line in here.
See this for pump install (http://host.cj-motorsports.com/pdf/3...uel%20Pump.pdf)

1. Preparation

Start the job on Saturday to have Sunday in case you can't finish it the same day. It took me over 8 hours to do it.
Rise the car on the 4 stands and remove front and rear crossmembers under the car. Then remove intake manifold and fuel rails.

2. Installation

In the picture below:
#1 is your P-Regulator -> Front side Fuel rails line
#2 Fuel rails
#3 Two short lines that going from a back of your fuel rails to the Y adapter
#4 Y adapter
#5 Braided line (wrapped in insulation on the pic) that goes from Y adapter down to the hard pipe.

There is one more line that is not on the picture that goes from the hard line to the fuel pump at the gas tank side.

Remove and discard fuel rails with dampeners and metal bracket, we not gonna use any of it. Next, remove the old hardpipe. This is a hardest part. First unclip the line from plastic brackets, then it's a lot of twisting and pulling. You don't have to remove the fuel tank unless you want to preserve original fuel line. I literally destroyed my stock line by twisting and bending it under the car trying to get it out. After the stock line removed, you can start by putting a new hard pipe into the place.
This is how the line looks under the car.

Tank side.

Front of the car.

Middle.

After you done installing the pipe you can now drop the line from a pump assembly down to the hardpipe. There is single connector comes with a kit and has cut through nut in it. You will use it to connect this line and a pump assembly.

Connector with cut through nut on the pump assembly.

Now you can do your rails. You have to install your injectors into the rails first. Then you can install the rails. Now connect #1 line to the front side of your injectors. I put the line a long the sides of the rails and cross them on front of the engine block. See pic below:

Front side of the engine. Left line to the right rails and a right line to the left rail.

Connect another side with a T to your pressure regulator.

Now connect Y adapter #4 on to straight connector on the braided line. Drop the line down the firewall and connect two short lines #3 to the Y adapter. Now connect them to the back of your rails.

Go under your car and connect braided line #5 with 45 degree connector to the hard pipe.

Go over and tighten all the connections. Those that connect to the hard pipe tight very hard because they will leak.

Put you intake manifold back, connect two evac line together, reconnect all the connectors that you disconnected. Check everything one more time and now you can start your car. While it's running go over and check every connection on the fuel lines, because something will leak. Put your crossmembers back and drop the car.

Let me know if something is confusing and I will fix it.

P.S. This post is for informative purposes only. You do all the work at your own risk. Happy modding.

Last edited by Staisman; 03-14-2016 at 10:44 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Staisman:
phunk2 (03-14-2016), QuintonC (08-08-2016), rustyschopshop (03-14-2016)
Old 03-14-2016, 08:59 AM
phunk2

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you for sharing this!
Old 03-14-2016, 06:45 PM
rustyschopshop

Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

great write up!!
Old 07-14-2016, 08:19 PM
TT03Z

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Awesome write up and info man! I will be doing this same install in the near future and will be using this as a guide so thank you!
Old 07-14-2016, 08:21 PM
TT03Z

Also if you don't mind me asking where did you get the kit from and how much did you pay for it? Did you also get the fuel dampers?
Old 07-15-2016, 10:43 AM
phunk2

The CJM rails are not available without dampers since they were updated 3-4 years ago
Old 07-15-2016, 12:18 PM
TT03Z

Originally Posted by phunk2 View Post
The CJM rails are not available without dampers since they were updated 3-4 years ago
Ok I was curious because conceptZ lists it as an option when you order the stage 1 and 2 kits. I thinks it's like a $50 option. But I will definitely remember that.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:45 PM
phunk2

If you ordered the kit without the dampers, they would still be required, just not included. You would have to spend $50 at the Nissan dealer to get them in order to plug the damper holes in the rails. So the option was just eliminated for the sake of simplification.
Old 07-15-2016, 02:29 PM
Staisman

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by TT03Z View Post
Also if you don't mind me asking where did you get the kit from and how much did you pay for it? Did you also get the fuel dampers?
This is a kit from cj motorsports (CJM), call them and Charles will get you everything you need for your HP target. Very nice guy
The following users liked this post:
phunk2 (07-16-2016)
Old 02-18-2017, 01:49 AM
BluestreamDE

Received 287 Likes on 231 Posts

sub'd for install reference.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:05 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,137 Likes on 827 Posts

Looking at this install, I think I need rails before I do it