Notices
Engine Swaps For all your engine swap experiences, ideas, questions, & more..

DE to RevUp swap, crank no start

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2023, 12:47 PM
jakesmog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DE to RevUp swap, crank no start

Hey, new Z owner and first post.

I just picked up a non-running 2005 350z. I have limited information on its history, but one of the previous owners swapped in a RevUp engine and a CD009. It was supposedly missing just the “under dash harness.” I am currently experiencing a crank but no start condition.

I have not had the car for long and am typing this out during break at work. The key turns and tries to start, but does not start. Some other things I have noticed, there is an empty hole where the security light would be, the power locks and windows do not activate, the horn does not activate, and I don’t get any feedback from the fob remotes. It came with two key fobs, neither one was recognized during on the board programming, despite having good batteries.

I have not torn the car apart yet to see what I am missing or what is unplugged, but it does have the extra exhaust cam sensor and it has the RevUp timing cover. Other things are working, like the hazards, wipers, dash lights, courtesy lights, gauges, and it beeps/dings when I put the key in. I have not even connected a scan tool or checked for fuel or spark or anything yet. I am confused on what the “under dash harness” is but will happily buy it once I figure out what it is. I just don’t know exactly what to look for, and have googled quite a bit but it’s hard to find info on the DE -> RevUp swap. If anyone has a clue as to how I can fix this or diagnose it, please share. Thanks