Notices
Event Photos Various photos from car shows, meets and events.

ANNUAL TZC Meet PICS

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 04:06 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

ur pictures help a bit to explain how you won considering all i could tell from the pics is you had nismo wheels, painted calipers, and a front lip.

why does your strut bar go through your engine cover?
Old 11-20-2008, 04:11 PM
ZPirate

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dspiel
ur pictures help a bit to explain how you won considering all i could tell from the pics is you had nismo wheels, painted calipers, and a front lip.

why does your strut bar go through your engine cover?
It's a Crawford Z Performance strut bar. It goes with the Crawford Plenum I have. The stock strut bar won't work with the Crawford Plenum. Crawford was one of the first company's to come out with a larger plenum. Way before plenum spacers became available.

BTW my calipers are not OEM either. They are painted however. LOL!

Last edited by ZPirate; 11-21-2008 at 09:09 AM.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:23 PM
flynbrin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice cars

thanks for posting
Old 11-22-2008, 08:33 PM
ohSIXz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if thats east coast modding, then east coast FTMFL!

placing should have been..

1st: original OP w/ v2
2nd: dewd who got 1st w/ aerosync + stoptech
--------

no other placing... i see no other Zs... i see some cars that look like modded 10k cars tho.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:58 PM
r0csfinest

my fav one outta the ones you posted
Old 11-23-2008, 06:53 AM
TSG-Z

I understand how the old school car shows work, its about attention to detail, making sure even the most minute piece is armor oiled. I however, disagree at a certain point the contestant has to be judged on what he has, not about how OCD he can get with his cleaning! I was told that my car wasnt clean, because the Carbon Fiber hood & hatch doesnt give off a clean appearance, but what about the overall presentation of the car. I loved the show however, being around the older crowd and learning about the Zcar was a great experience. I will attend more shows, but I dont think I will show unless changes are made, I felt like the 32's & 33's were somehow not wanted. Maybe its just me.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:29 AM
ZPirate

Originally Posted by ohSIXz
if thats east coast modding, then east coast FTMFL!

placing should have been..

1st: original OP w/ v2
2nd: dewd who got 1st w/ aerosync + stoptech
--------

no other placing... i see no other Zs... i see some cars that look like modded 10k cars tho.
It's funny to me how it seems that all you West Coast guys only like 350Zs with body kits and forced induction. No other 350Z seems to stack up.

I have stayed NA with my car for several reasons, but mainly because I don't want to have to deal with the reliability and tuning issues associated with forced induction. Plus I like the lines of the Z so I have stayed away from body kits, except for my Nismo chin spoiler. That being said I would put my performance mods up against anyone's. I've got all the standard engine bolt ons, CAI, plenum, headers, cats, exhaust along a Nismo clutch and flywheel. I've also got Nismo cams, a 3.9 ring and pinion, a four wheel BBK as well as the full Nismo suspension and wheels.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:44 AM
TRYNALIVEPRO

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by r0csfinest

my fav one outta the ones you posted
the front and the sides look good, but they ruined it with the toyota MR2 rear, yukky
Old 11-23-2008, 08:03 AM
ZPirate

Originally Posted by TSG-Z
I understand how the old school car shows work, its about attention to detail, making sure even the most minute piece is armor oiled. I however, disagree at a certain point the contestant has to be judged on what he has, not about how OCD he can get with his cleaning! I was told that my car wasnt clean, because the Carbon Fiber hood & hatch doesnt give off a clean appearance, but what about the overall presentation of the car. I loved the show however, being around the older crowd and learning about the Zcar was a great experience. I will attend more shows, but I dont think I will show unless changes are made, I felt like the 32's & 33's were somehow not wanted. Maybe its just me.
First let me say that you have a nice car. I like the look and how it is performance oriented.

It's interesting how all car shows are different, but you will find that most Z only car shows are judged shows with at least part of the judging based on cleanliness and overall condition of the car. I know this because I attend lots of car shows and almost every Z show I can get to. If you think the judging at the Triangle Z Club show was picky, you should attend a Z show were the judges judge using ZCCA (Z Car Club Association) rules and guidelines. It's basically a concours show. I also show my Corvette at lots of shows and many Corvette only shows judge using NCCA (National Council of Corvette Club) rules and guidelines.

Knowing in advance how the show is going to be judged will help you prepare for the show. For instance a people's choice show is always different from a judged show. Also typically an open show is judged differently from a car specific show like Z only show. Hopefully this information will help you at your next car show.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Changvi

Originally Posted by ZPirate
It's funny to me how it seems that all you West Coast guys only like 350Zs with body kits and forced induction. No other 350Z seems to stack up.

I have stayed NA with my car for several reasons, but mainly because I don't want to have to deal with the reliability and tuning issues associated with forced induction. Plus I like the lines of the Z so I have stayed away from body kits, except for my Nismo chin spoiler. That being said I would put my performance mods up against anyone's. I've got all the standard engine bolt ons, CAI, plenum, headers, cats, exhaust along a Nismo clutch and flywheel. I've also got Nismo cams, a 3.9 ring and pinion, a four wheel BBK as well as the full Nismo suspension and wheels.
Thats a pretty bold statement. My only suggestion to you is to be humble, and don't let the 1st place and your mods get to your head.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:04 PM
carfi179

East coast is all about 22" bling bling. Next time, I'll go buy a brand new 350z and slap an intake and take it to a show and it will be a show winner...thats how you build a show car? let alone a Nissan show which should be performance.

Z33 should be build with performance and functional parts...hint hint silver 350z with Vortech and TA. Im not a big fan of bodykits but the vortech Z is clean with the right parts compare to the rest. My 2 cents.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:23 AM
ZPirate

Originally Posted by Changvi
Thats a pretty bold statement. My only suggestion to you is to be humble, and don't let the 1st place and your mods get to your head.
Not bold just fact as far as NA mods go. I'm sure there is someone else out there with more NA mods than I have (in fact I know someone here locally that has me beat by maybe one or two mods), but not many around these parts. I have always focused on performance over looks in my modding. As for the 1st place it's not my first time around the block as I have been showing my Z and other cars for a number of years. I very much appreciate competing and placing nonetheless.

It's still very interesting to me all the criticism in this thread from people who weren't at the show and have never seen any of these cars in person. Must be a Cali thing.

Last edited by ZPirate; 11-24-2008 at 05:55 AM.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:09 PM
Spdstr280Z

Originally Posted by TSG-Z
Hey, sorry you felt that way, that was certainly not the intention of anyone from Triangle Z. Really for us this show is about meeting and hanging out with our friends who share a common interest. Yes, there are those who like one body style over another, impossible not to be with a car that has changed as much as the Z has over the years. For some there is nothing other than a 70 240Z, some with 350's see 240's as nothing but an old car. I am surprised really how well our club gets along.

We do look at it as for $25 or $30 we get to hang out with friends, enjoy Z cars and get a t-shirt and lunch.

One thing we might learn from this is to do classing and judging little differently, especially for the newer cars. I have been involved in shows from mini trucks and sport compacts to street rods, all have been judged similarly. We have had "showroom" classes and "performance" classes in the past, with slightly different criteria. We will put some thought in it for next year.

I really hope you don't decide to avoid shows due to this experience, this was just one group of judges on one day, just happened to be how the numbers fell. There was a very small spread in points between the top 4 cars that day, and you have a great car.

One thing I would like to say to everyone commenting is that this is a "Z" show, that means we try to be fair to anything showing that Nissan made in the line. As organizers and judges it is important we try not to let personal preferences interfere. I personally like carbon fiber and forced induction better than chrome wheels and vertical doors, but I can't let that sway me if I am going to be an impartial judge.

As for the east coast tuning comments, well, there are some nicely done first gens I have seen recently that have some interesting combinations of styles, you guys will just have to see those....

Anyway, I hope there are no hard feelings and that you did have a good time. Really hope to see you again next year !

Jason

Last edited by Spdstr280Z; 11-24-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:28 PM
Toby-22

Originally Posted by kihun
wow all ugly Z34 except for the last one.. or they are all stock. Gotta represent man..
Wow, then i guess 80% of the cars in my350z are "UGLY" then And i assume you bought a Z cuz it's ugly, am i right you ignorant fool? I agree that the Z33 class wasn't as great as i expected, but none were "UGLY" as they were all tastefully done/stock. I love the stock look of the Z, lowered and maybe some quality wheels is perfect imo. But i guess to you and to many others, killer bodykits and baller rims are needed for a Z to look HOT I will agree that the blue and Supercharged silver Z looked awesome compared to the rest. I didn't even register cuz i knew i wouldn't place, but honestly, i thought my car looked the best
Here's some pics of my stock, "UGLY" Z,...Bassani TD Exhaust, Buddy Club Coilovers, Motordyne Plenum Spacer, JWT Popcharger, Topspeed TP, IchibaV2/Kics wheel spacers, etc...

Last edited by Toby-22; 12-14-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:49 AM
zxman69

The Fairlady at the begining should have been the overall winner ..... just my opinion
Old 12-15-2008, 06:54 PM
TSG-Z

Originally Posted by zxman69
The Fairlady at the begining should have been the overall winner ..... just my opinion

He won overall winner, well deserved! Cleanest car there, not to mention its 20 years old!
Old 12-15-2008, 08:53 PM
AUtigers350z

Those are some clean cars!!

ZPirate, I think one reason a lot of people were getting confused is because in the original post, the 2nd place car was a stock black Z. BTW, some car shows I've been to consider 3 or less exterior mods as the "stock" class. You're car is clean and simple, just how I like it. Keep a humble attitude and let people think what they want.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:07 PM
POWUH
Banned

all the z33's can have a **** meat sandwich except for the TA and v2 z33 very well put together :]
Old 12-18-2008, 09:31 AM
zxman69

I ment the 280zx
280Z

I could do without the wood accents in the interior though,other than that it looks like one of the cleanest s130 bodies I have seen

Last edited by zxman69; 12-18-2008 at 09:33 AM.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:05 AM
jbudnick504

The last z should have won

Quick Reply: ANNUAL TZC Meet PICS