Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

The 'I'm sick of CF dashes' dash

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004 | 07:50 AM
BrickydZ

I love it. I had thought of wood a long time ago but wanted to see what it looked like before making a decision.

Can we get the installed pics from your customer ? Iwould love to see them.

While i tend to agree with alot of the statements here, ie I dont think it would look good in all colors of Z's I think the woodgrain would look great in a brickyard, which is of course is what I have.

I also could see it looking really good in PPW.

thanks
Old 12-01-2004 | 07:54 AM
MIAPLAYA

That is horrible....I want to die....
Old 12-01-2004 | 08:47 AM
Whataguy5431

Default Right On

Originally posted by ZZZealous007
good work... i can see some old guy buying that.
I'm the old guy that ordered that wood dash. I think it's gonna look fantastic. I used to love the old wood dashed jags, mg cars.
I'm 55 and absolutely lovin' my Zeta.

Photo looks awesome, Joe! Can't wait, will take pictures for ALL to see. Never know, it might grow on some of you guys.
Old 12-01-2004 | 09:45 AM
pinnacleliquid

Default Re: Right On

Originally posted by Whataguy5431
I'm the old guy that ordered that wood dash. I think it's gonna look fantastic. I used to love the old wood dashed jags, mg cars.
I'm 55 and absolutely lovin' my Zeta.

Photo looks awesome, Joe! Can't wait, will take pictures for ALL to see. Never know, it might grow on some of you guys.
Thanks 'old guy'. Few people especially no this board are familiar with the roots of thier Z car and what Nissan took thier inspiration from. The Brit's. Those rattly old Jag's, MG's, Triumph TR-6's, and Austin Healy's all had WOOD. They RACED those cars with the WOOD DASHES intact. They creaked and cracked at every bump in the road and those old cars did feel like they were going to fall apart before you got home. Most times they did. It's just history guys, something you younger guys are going to one day be screaming at the new generation to remember and honor. LOL So carbon fiber for some of you and woodgrain for some others. It's what makes the world go round. Elegant and fast. The Bently Turbo R is a very fast ride indeed, one of the fastest cars made. Carbon fiber? No. Burl wood throughout. Lamborghini Gallardo has a body of carbon fiber but you can't see any of it. Why? Because the people buying it don't want to see it. When all is said and done, it is just a look. A combination of effects that we hope come together in some sort of harmony. The wood in that Z will look just fine. It won't be any slower because of it.
Attached Thumbnails The 'I'm sick of CF dashes' dash-brentj2.jpg  
Old 12-01-2004 | 09:46 AM
pinnacleliquid

another 330gt
Attached Thumbnails The 'I'm sick of CF dashes' dash-8755dash.jpg  
Old 12-01-2004 | 02:03 PM
fucy626

Originally posted by MIAPLAYA
That is horrible....I want to die....
i have to agree
Old 12-01-2004 | 02:29 PM
Randall Patters

Yep, bunch of young smartasses on this site for sure! And most don't even own a Z. Once again another cool product from you guy's.
Old 12-01-2004 | 03:16 PM
pinnacleliquid

Default thanks Randall,

Originally posted by Randall Patters
Yep, bunch of young smartasses on this site for sure! And most don't even own a Z. Once again another cool product from you guy's.
nm
Old 12-01-2004 | 03:19 PM
JCat
---------------
Premier Member

Exactly how to you get/apply the CF look to our plastic parts?
Old 12-01-2004 | 03:26 PM
pinnacleliquid

Default go to

Originally posted by jcn30127
Exactly how to you get/apply the CF look to our plastic parts?
our website and click on 'process' for a brief explanation. www.elegantwooddesign.com
Old 12-01-2004 | 07:37 PM
old_s13

"Lamborghini Gallardo has a body of carbon fiber but you can't see any of it. Why? Because the people buying it don't want to see it. When all is said and done, it is just a look. A combination of effects that we hope come together in some sort of harmony. The wood in that Z will look just fine. It won't be any slower because of it."

the work you guys do is nice, as in appearance and aesthetically pleasing -- nice. however, its NOT to be confused with REAL wood, or REAL carbon fiber -- both of which it is not.

much like wood is unwanted because its typically heavy, i wouldnt want to advertise pseudo carbon fiber as real, because it is not.

most people like showing off their carbon fiber, real or not. im just the type of guy who likes to cover it up (like the ferraris that have painted cf bodies).
Old 12-07-2004 | 10:45 AM
Whataguy5431

Default Here it is... No Carbon Fiber

Elegant Wood Design redid my console, shift area, radio and gauges. I really like the look of it, adds lots more class than that solid black plastic everywhere. It especially goes well with the Lemans Sunset and burnt orange seats.

To Each His Own...........Thanks Joe at Elegant Wood Design!!
Attached Thumbnails The 'I'm sick of CF dashes' dash-wood-console.jpg  
Old 12-07-2004 | 10:46 AM
Whataguy5431

Default Just one more

no more solid black
Attached Thumbnails The 'I'm sick of CF dashes' dash-console.jpg  
Old 12-07-2004 | 10:53 AM
arlingtonz

i don't think it is bad...i just am not feeling it. I think there is too much contrast for me, between the seats the rest of the grey interior, the paint, and the wood grain (which are all similiarly but not exactly the same shade) but you obviously like it and that is all that matters.
Old 12-07-2004 | 12:55 PM
BrickydZ

Default Elegant and Classy is what I think.

I like it. Especially on your Lemans. The wood looks elegant, and classy. Just like the exotics and the British sportcars.

I drove TR6s, TR7s, MGBs, Jaguar XKEs. All of them had wood.

I too have questioned why everyone touts CF. If you truely were trading out body parts for CF and the weight drop was gettting you extra HP then great but slapping a CF looking sticker on everything, ie inserts to your Nissan Hamburgers, B pillars etc just doesnt appeal to me. Nor does the Alum trim look. I looks to cold to me where wood is warm. But again to each his own.

I will probably do this myself except with my Brickyard I will probably want a darker color, but that is just my taste.

Whataguy5431, I bet you will get a lot of looks, ohs and ahs.

And thanks for being the first to do it.
Old 12-07-2004 | 01:18 PM
PumpedVA

Default Re: go to

Originally posted by pinnacleliquid
our website and click on 'process' for a brief explanation. www.elegantwooddesign.com
+

I have been talking to you guys and you will be getting some of my interior parts for paint soon just need to finish some other mods first.
Old 12-07-2004 | 03:08 PM
Whataguy5431

Default Re: Elegant and Classy is what I think.

Originally posted by BrickydZ
I like it. Especially on your Lemans. The wood looks elegant, and classy. Just like the exotics and the British sportcars.

I drove TR6s, TR7s, MGBs, Jaguar XKEs. All of them had wood.

I too have questioned why everyone touts CF. If you truely were trading out body parts for CF and the weight drop was gettting you extra HP then great but slapping a CF looking sticker on everything, ie inserts to your Nissan Hamburgers, B pillars etc just doesnt appeal to me. Nor does the Alum trim look. I looks to cold to me where wood is warm. But again to each his own.

I will probably do this myself except with my Brickyard I will probably want a darker color, but that is just my taste.

Whataguy5431, I bet you will get a lot of looks, ohs and ahs.

And thanks for being the first to do it.

Thanks BrickydZ, just got thru washing her up and it looks even better at sundown. You know I think it just an age thing, CF is fine and looks great on a younger persons car. Different strokes, ya know.
Old 12-07-2004 | 08:39 PM
350vertex

i like suede dash, looks reallllllllllllllllllly nice... ummmmm......
Old 12-07-2004 | 10:31 PM
manofsteele2003

I'm torn, I kind of like it and I kind of don't. I guess I'm just not used to seeing wood in the Z. It does look alot better than the overlay kits though.

I'd like to see the dash done in a grey wood, I think that would look pretty good.
Old 12-08-2004 | 11:42 AM
BrickydZ

Default Your wish is my command

A guy has already posted some pics of a grey wood.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=90339

Quick Reply: The 'I'm sick of CF dashes' dash