Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got pulled over...yet again...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 04:54 PM
aptiva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Normally I would defer from responding to such dispespect. If it's your opinion that the cop is not doing his job properly, that's fine.
I don't see any need to refer to him as a PIG. Yeah I am a cop and like most cops I do the best job I can. You should not be demeaning my job until you have walked in my shoes. Go to a wreck sometime and notify the parents about it and then you can call us PIGS. Cops don't make the law, just enforce them.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:37 PM
JonsilvZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got pulled over twice. Once for speeding,I was honest about it and he just gave me a warning. Other time for drag racing,also gave me a warning because I was honest and told me you shouldnt be doing something like that in a nice car. Being honest just might work in your favor.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:04 AM
Razo

Originally posted by aptiva
You should not be demeaning my job until you have walked in my shoes. Go to a wreck sometime and notify the parents about it and then you can call us PIGS. Cops don't make the law, just enforce them.
Ditto, if you don't like the law, call a politician. CA law: white light to the front, ie: headlights and turn sigs, you can have amber sidemarkers and amber or red rear turn sigs. Bling has a price, ten bucks for a fix it ticket in CA. Get a stage two supercharger, it's legal.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:24 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Well, I got pulled over at 3 am by a state trooper who came up to the door and said "you were going 80 mph" I said, "yeah, right" and he said, how fast do you think you were going and I said, I am not postive, when you lit me up with your radar I was doing eithier 55 or 54 mph. He took my dl, went back to his car, came back in 5 minutes or so, and said, goodbye.

Now what is that s#$%?????
Old 01-04-2005, 06:09 AM
Sins4u33

Originally posted by gringott
Well, I got pulled over at 3 am by a state trooper who came up to the door and said "you were going 80 mph" I said, "yeah, right" and he said, how fast do you think you were going and I said, I am not postive, when you lit me up with your radar I was doing eithier 55 or 54 mph. He took my dl, went back to his car, came back in 5 minutes or so, and said, goodbye.

Now what is that s#$%?????

Old 01-04-2005, 08:14 AM
Razo

Originally posted by gringott
Well, I got pulled over at 3 am ... I said, "yeah, right" and he said, how fast do you think you were going and I said, I am not postive, when you lit me up with your radar I was doing eithier 55 or 54 mph.
First off, you were lucky he didn't write you with comments like, "Yeah right" and "When you lit me up with your radar..." You would be better off to say, "I thought I was doing (insert speed limit here)." We don't need radar to write a ticket, so just because you believe you were doing 55 or 54 doesn't mean much. Radar merely confirms our estimate of speed, but is not a necessity. Now, I work graveyards, and typically if I am pulling you over at three AM, I don't plan on writing you a ticket. Vehicle stops are just a way for us to talk with you, establish that you are not up to no good/or take you to jail.

Not trying to start a Cop vs Hater thread here. Believe me, I get to deal with the worst of people on a regular basis and don't need anymore of it when I come onto this board.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:07 PM
trojanZ

I've only had my Z for a couple of months now and have not yet been pulled over, but when i had my gti, i got pulled over at least once a month.

I don''t think anyone can top this. I got 3 speeding tickets, 1 following too closely ticket, and 2 front license plate tickets in a 2 month period. But, the best part of the story is, i still have zero points on my record.

I don't know what the law is in other states, but here in california, you can do a trial by declaration for your tickets and easily get out of them, as i did.

One thing i've learned is that although cops are out to give people ******** tickets a lot of the time, if you don't drive like a maniack and handle yourself well when you do get pulled over, you won't get any tickets. I say this because, before i ever got my first ticket, i got pulled over a good ten times. So, be nice to the cops and usually they'll be nice to you. and if you can throw some bs story that you're a student with 50gs in the whole and if you pay this ticket you can't eat.

good luck to you guys. be safe.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:26 AM
Sins4u33

hahaha actually i haven't had very good luck guys...got another 2 tickets...in one day!!!!!!!! 90 in a 55 and 60 in a 45 in two different states....hmmm...someones out to get me...i haven't been having a very good break...but luckaly i got a warning with the 60 in a 45....i was so happy...

Ben
Old 01-05-2005, 06:46 AM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Once a cop pulled me over for running a stop sign.

Cop: You ran that stop sign, didn't you?

Me: No I didn't!

Cop: Yes you did!

Me: NO I DIDN'T!

Cop: I saw you.

Me: You're wrong.

Cop: Okay....drive carefully then.

Me: Okay, bye!

Although it was 28 years ago, I still laugh when I think about it.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:57 AM
MrGraphics

In Cali now-a-days, forget about getting out a ticket. Arnold is cutting everything, so a Cops number one job now is not about upholding the law, its about bringing in revenue.

A drug dealer selling a $10 vial of crack to an 8 year old doesn't bring in any money to pay for the high cost of gas for a police cruzer. Me, with a good job and nice car, brings in $150 for a ticket - and there is less paperwork and danger.

Cali cops are becoming nothing more than a money *****. I dare ANY cop reading this to tell me they do not have something called a "quota".

Salesmen in my company also have quotas . . . and that is because they need to make x amount of revenue to keep the ship afloat.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:09 AM
old_s13

Originally posted by MrGraphics
Cali cops are becoming nothing more than a money *****. I dare ANY cop reading this to tell me they do not have something called a "quota".

Salesmen in my company also have quotas . . . and that is because they need to make x amount of revenue to keep the ship afloat.
Quota or no quota, cops still have a job to do -- and they're doing it, arent they? Its not the cops fault you have tinted front windows, illegal blue lights, an exhaust with no catalytic converter, and are doing 50mph on surface streets. All of these are not allowed in CA, and this what cops enforce.. the law.

When I get pulled over, I take responsibility for my actions and what I've done to my car. I dont sit and whine about cops filling out a quota, I just drive on different streets and make my car less obvious.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:32 AM
nroman
Banned

I am a State Trooper in Illinois. I write my tickets based on age, attitude and sometimes what car they are driving. I have pulled over a few 350Z, but I will probably never write one a ticket. We usually just talk about the car some, I check out their mods, and let them go on their way. Now if the car is a hell of alot nicer than the Z, and they are doing over the speed limit, then they are probably getting a ticket since they have a better car than me. If the kid or adult is nice and dosent have an attitude I will usually let them go. If he has an attitude with me, they will 99% of the time get a ticket. If its a young punk kid driving a really nice car, then yes they will get a ticket, unless its a Z. If its a hot chick, then usually they won't get a ticket either, unless they are really bi*chy.

No its not illegal to park in the center median and shoot radar either. Thats normally where they tell us to sit, being we only patrol interstates and main roads.

And yes, you can call me a Pig, I always did when I was younger, and I still call some troopers pigs as some of them are evil.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:34 AM
mikeyj217

radar detectors are illegal? How could that be if they sell them in best buy? Maybe they arent illegal in New YOrk?
Old 01-25-2005, 10:36 AM
pureZness

they are legal in Maryalnd. But i believe they are illegal in Virginia. so it depends on States i guess..
Old 01-25-2005, 12:15 PM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

Originally posted by ReavTek
Welcome to my world. I remember a time when I used to think all those young kids with sports cars were simply delinquents and were pulled over for a reason. Ever since I got my Z I have been pulled over 4 times... Twice ticketed for B.S stuff and twice just plain stopped for no apparent reason. I have had a gun pulled on me a few times. I guess you can't be young and latino and drive anything but a beat up corolla here in FL. What I dont understand is why they aren't patroling and keeping the community safe, instead of harassing drivers for stupid %^& like tints and lights etc. Is it legal for a cop to sit in a turn lane with his lights off in the middle of the night? Cause they do that here all the time.
yeah Ive been pulled over for nothing then had a gun drawn and required to exit my car while they tore it to peices looking for drugs. I love cops.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:22 PM
TwiZted

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by nroman
I am a State Trooper in Illinois. I write my tickets based on age, attitude and sometimes what car they are driving. I have pulled over a few 350Z, but I will probably never write one a ticket. We usually just talk about the car some, I check out their mods, and let them go on their way. Now if the car is a hell of alot nicer than the Z, and they are doing over the speed limit, then they are probably getting a ticket since they have a better car than me. If the kid or adult is nice and dosent have an attitude I will usually let them go. If he has an attitude with me, they will 99% of the time get a ticket. If its a young punk kid driving a really nice car, then yes they will get a ticket, unless its a Z. If its a hot chick, then usually they won't get a ticket either, unless they are really bi*chy.

No its not illegal to park in the center median and shoot radar either. Thats normally where they tell us to sit, being we only patrol interstates and main roads.

And yes, you can call me a Pig, I always did when I was younger, and I still call some troopers pigs as some of them are evil.
It's the cops like you that dont deserve a badge, I believe there are laws concerning profiling? I don't mind being pulled over for faults of my own such as speeding, but when I get harassed for tinted windows, no front plate, and garbage like that its ridiculous! Although unlawful its petty equipment violations that are used as an excuse to poke your noses into people's personal business.
It's rather amusing that you write tickets to people younger than you based on if they drive a better car, you chose your profession and the lifestyle that goes along with it. Just remember who pays your sallary. Not all cops are pigs, but there are those out there that deserve the name.
Anyways I'm young I got attitude and I drive the same car as you, see you on the highway......if your crown vic can keep up

Last edited by TwiZted; 01-25-2005 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:34 PM
nroman
Banned

Actually the funny thing is, is that the Impala I drive, could most likely keep up with a Z. Its along the lines of the same power and feels about the same as a Z, hope to see ya soon.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:56 PM
MrGraphics

I'm not talking about ticketing someone doing 70 MPG in a 35 zone. I'm not talking about giving a bunch of attitude or driving recklessly. I'm not even talking about having illegal tint and no front license plate.

In califonia - SF and SJ area, I'm talking about 38 MPH in a 35 - I'm talking white vans parked all over the place taking snapshots of cars like they are at GlamorShots I'm talking a complete shakedown of the general public in order to raise revenue. And that is EXACTLY what it is - or you could call it legalized extortion.

I don't begrudge a cop from doing his job upholding the law - but the law must be tempered with common sense and the SPIRIT of the law. 3 MPH over the speed limit with no traffic on a clear sunny day is not dangerous.

Speed limits on these roads were set up years ago - before all wheel disk brakes and new tire technology.

If "little Johnny" comes bounding out into the street - that 3 MPH wont make a difference. Because fact of the matter, I can stop way faster in my 2004 Z at 38 MPH than I could in a 1970 Pontiac Catalina going 30 MPH - which is when those speed limits were put in place.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:16 PM
juhko

You have it all wrong. It's not Arnold cutting everything that is changing things, it's been revenue-driven the whole time.
If you think for a minute that gov't is out to enforce that you are "doing good" then you're clueless, the gov't is amoral at best.
Cops have it rough, but like parking enforcement, they have to substantiate their job, although to a lesser extent because of what aspects of society they have to deal with (ie.e.more than just parking).
If you think about though, the only way that parking person's job can even exist is if they bring in more money than they cost to pay - so where do you think their interests lie?
It get's more complicated when they ante goes up - like people's lives - but you can rest assure that at some level, Cops too must bring in some revenue for the state. Unless you are a master of persuasion, or have a huge rack with nice legs - it will most likely be "ticket time" if they pick you out of the crowd.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:50 AM
mdacko

wow so this thread went off topic....

Quick Reply: got pulled over...yet again...