Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Parking Lamps and LED Interior lights. pics inside.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 06:39 PM
silverstoneTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Ares LEDs front and back.

I cant recommend them enough for how bright they are. Def. check them out if your willing to spend the cash as they are more expensive than the ones on Superlimination.com. Im gonna take some pics to put up when I get the chance for you guys to see before you decide or for others in the future.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:50 PM
Faluzure

Originally posted by silverstoneTT
I have the Ares LEDs front and back.

I cant recommend them enough for how bright they are. Def. check them out if your willing to spend the cash as they are more expensive than the ones on Superlimination.com. Im gonna take some pics to put up when I get the chance for you guys to see before you decide or for others in the future.
Share the wealth! (pictures) I really do want to buy Ares' LEDs, but buying from superlumination was the quickset way for me to get them. Everytime I visit Ares' webpage, it is just a bunch of broken links. I think someone hosed his webpage. I would still buy from him if he offered them for sale because I know Luxeon bulbs are superior in every aspect.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:43 PM
silverstoneTT

http://community.webshots.com/album/266140699vHAuTA

Link to where you can see the pics. Keep in mind though that they dont even begin to show how nice the lights look in person.

Enjoy!
Old 02-03-2005, 08:16 PM
Acree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice, thanks for the pics
Old 02-07-2005, 02:26 PM
silverstoneTT

Just got my 9 LED interior lights and I have to say, it seems really weird inside the car now. Def. not brighter, maybe about equal or less. Turning the bulbs dont have so much the effect of lessening the amount of light as changing its main direction.

I took some pics Ill put up later.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Faluzure

Just got my 9 LED interior lights and I have to say, it seems really weird inside the car now. Def. not brighter, maybe about equal or less. Turning the bulbs dont have so much the effect of lessening the amount of light as changing its main direction.

I took some pics Ill put up later.
I just got mine today too! I had them delivered to my work, so once I got the package I ran out to my car. The reason I got these is to "customize" my car and make it a little different than the other Zs in my area. I don't have a lot of cash to spend at the moment, so I can't do any performance mods to separate me from the pack. So my mods are purely for aesthetics.

The 9 LED festoons, as silverstoneTT said, are definitely not brighter than the stock ones. They are a tad less brighter, but they are white in color (which was my purpose). I'm happy with them.

I also replaced my reverse lights with a 12 LED white unit. Again, they are not as bright, but they make my reverse lights white in color.

I replaced my trunk light with a 5 LED 168 bulb, however my initial assumption was correct. The fixture itself makes the bulb lay sideways. I need to somehow rig it where the LED tip shines into the hatchspace.

The license plate is very visible at night, as I replaced the stock ones with 5 LED 168 bulbs. Now instead of a yellowish filament glow, I have a nice superwhite LED glow.

I want to replace my parking lights with Luxeons, but I can't seem to find anyone who makes them. Ares' webpage has been down for quite some time now, so I don't know how else I'll get them. (Making them is out of the question, I suck at soldering).

I would post some pictures, but I dont' have access to a camera at the moment and the pics wouldn't be any different from the ones you've guys already seen.

My conclusion is this, the LEDs I got aren't Luxeons and they aren't as bright as stock ones, but they accomplish what I wanted to get done: change the color of my bulbs to a white color.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:48 PM
silverstoneTT

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...69222044WMevHv
Comparison pics from today showing difference in color, stock vs. led
Old 02-07-2005, 06:02 PM
Faluzure

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...69222044WMevHv
Comparison pics from today showing difference in color, stock vs. led
One thing I have a problem with when showing off LED mods (or any "lighting" mod for that matter). The actual pictures never really reflect what you truly see in real life. It's always a false representation. For example, the license plate LEDs look like they don't light up your License plate at all. The same went for another guy who installed them & took pics. I have the same LEDs you have and in person, you can at read the license plate.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:07 AM
silverstoneTT

True, they aren't an exact representation of what they look like in person but the difference that you see in the picture is about what it is in person. The contrast in the color of light they give off is the same.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:11 AM
Faluzure

I neeeeeeeeeeeed Ares' Luxeon Lights.... : (((
Old 02-09-2005, 04:01 AM
350Z_LMS

Ares's site has been down for a long time...any chance other forum members could post some pics???
Old 02-10-2005, 10:00 AM
boma

Anyone try the Festoon Super White Xenon Bulbs?

I had a some regular super white bulbs in my civic (made by hiper industries), and not only did it make it look pure white, it got 2x brighter. (and hotter).
Old 02-10-2005, 03:01 PM
silverstoneTT

I had those type of bulbs boma is talking about, hell Ill sell them if someone is interested.

True they look much "whiter" than the stock, they don't come close to the LED ones...

So yea, if anyone wants to buy those types of festoob bulbs Ill sell them as I dont have a need for them now.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:52 PM
Z CRUZN

Interior lighting dork here......before I start jabbing at the interior map light lenses with a screwdriver, can someone tell me the best way to remove these lenses to replace the bulbs? Thanks in advance.....
Old 02-10-2005, 09:22 PM
Acree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

easy as pie man. i just took my thumbnail and put it up inbetween the cover and the hard piece to the inside, not the side where it pushes in but the pivot side. just put it there and gently pry down. it will pop right off.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:31 PM
jreiter

Originally posted by 350ZTwinTurbo
easy as pie man. i just took my thumbnail and put it up inbetween the cover and the hard piece to the inside, not the side where it pushes in but the pivot side. just put it there and gently pry down. it will pop right off.
So the actual clear lens pops off? Seems easy...
Old 02-11-2005, 04:36 AM
Z CRUZN

Originally posted by 350ZTwinTurbo

Thanks my friend....I'll give it a try this morning........
Old 02-11-2005, 05:37 AM
Faluzure

Hey Z Cruzn, I sent you a reply in PM, but I'll post it here too.

First, be sure to keep the doors closed and the lights off. I moved the maplight switch to the 'off' position to make sure they don't turn on while I changed the bulb.

Second, I used a very small flathead screwdriver. You can wrap the end with tape or tissue paper to keep from scratching your lens. Place the screwdriver on the inner side of the lens (between the on/off switch pod and the lens itself). Slowly pry that side up and the plastic will start to flex a bit. Apply a little more pressure very slowly and the tabs that hold it in place will pop out. Be careful, if you do it too fast, you can break off the tabs (so I have been told). I do think the center control switch will come off too, so you can place your hand on it to keep it from coming out along with the lens.

It's pretty easy and when you're done replacing the lights, just put the plastic back on at an angle and press the tabs back in. You'll know what I'm talking about when you actually have the lens in your hand.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:39 PM
Z CRUZN

Thanks guys! And thanks Faluzure for the PM.......
Old 02-12-2005, 01:08 AM
jreiter

Just installed the white dome lights. Definitely an interesting effect. I rotated the bulbs at about a 45 degree angle and that dimmed them quite a bit. Very nice!

Quick Reply: LED Parking Lamps and LED Interior lights. pics inside.