Sponsored by:

Tinting in NJ/PA/DE?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 07:04 PM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tinting in NJ/PA/DE?

Hey everyone-
Wondering if any of you know any good places to get my tinting done in NJ/PA/DE. Anyone get tinting done around here so far? I'm looking for someone who has worked on a Z, and has had success - either that, or someone that has a good reputation. Any input appreciated. Thanks!
-Jill
Old 11-12-2002, 07:10 PM
davez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i got my 90TT and Pathfinder done at Custom Window Tinting in Union NJ, And I will be bringing my 350 there when I get it (should be a week or two) It's Lifetime Warranty on the tint there.
Old 11-12-2002, 07:15 PM
Jill

Originally posted by davez
Well i got my 90TT and Pathfinder done at Custom Window Tinting in Union NJ, And I will be bringing my 350 there when I get it (should be a week or two) It's Lifetime Warranty on the tint there.
That'd probably have to be a day trip - isn't Union in NORTH jersey? Not like it's a big deal, but I want to wait and see if there's anything closer. If not, then I'll definitely check out Custom Window Tinting. Thanks for the quick response. Much appreciated.
Old 11-13-2002, 02:46 PM
Traffic

Isn't there a shop on Rt. 18 near the flea market that does tinting? They're on the southbound side...
Old 11-14-2002, 06:33 AM
Megatron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey zgirl and SCHANNE

I am also looking to get my windows tinted. Zgirl you already know me from back in the eclispe club. My username use to be nasty, but it won't let log in.
Schanne congrats on picking up your z. I had mine since 9/18 and love it. Just hate when it gets caught in the rain, can't see a thing. How much is this guy charging?

--Megatron
Old 11-14-2002, 06:44 AM
Megatron

SCHANNE,

I don't need the front window done, just he rear, sides and driver and passagner windows. How long of a job do you think it will be? The last place i got my windows tinted ripped off my rear defrost, and he claims he didn't. To this day i don't have a rear defrost in my eclipse. O by the way i live in washington twp.

--megatron
Old 11-14-2002, 10:48 AM
Jill

Thanks guys! Let me know how things go after they do your tint on Monday Schanne. Hey Nasty- Didja talk to that kid about getting the Fahrenheit stuff put in? After he does yours, I want to see it.
Old 11-14-2002, 11:20 AM
Megatron

I talked to him briefly. Had him do an in depth look at the car. Now he says he have to rethink his stradey. He said right off the bat he can get the video with no problem, just he has to find out a way to get the sound. I will keep you updated. My neigbor told me to check philly. Over on broad street. He said they will probably be able to do it, but he doesn't know the cost of the labor.
Z-girl do you still have your front licence plate off. I was able to rig mnie to get threw inspection with zip ties.
SCHANNE, after you get the tint, could you post pics up. I want to see how they look. I want to get smoke tint.
I just got my car cover. I will tell yall if it is worth getting. $232 for a cover. Do not order it from the dealer like i did.
We should all meet one day and go cruisen
Old 11-15-2002, 08:37 PM
Traffic

Originally posted by ImmortalisD
Just a question for all with the tinted windows in NJ, from what I am told, NJ does not allow tint on front side windows. Have you had any problems with inspections at the DMV? I got my truck rejected cause of "RAM" logo's on the taillights
In NJ, it really depends on who you are, where you live and what you drive. I see plenty of Bimmers with front tints, a lot of people get away with front tints in New Brunswick and Perth Amboy, and I don't have to tell you about the court case(s).
Old 11-16-2002, 05:23 AM
ppw350Z

Hello from Deptford. I'm a new Z owner as of Thursday, I would like to meet up with all of you to see some of the different modifications. Thanks.
Old 11-16-2002, 05:48 AM
Jill

Originally posted by ppw350Z
Hello from Deptford. I'm a new Z owner as of Thursday, I would like to meet up with all of you to see some of the different modifications. Thanks.
Well congratulations! Looks like we have a lot of interest here in the SJ area. There aren't really that many mods out yet, so I doubt we'll see many modifications. Now, come Spring, hell yea
Old 11-16-2002, 05:53 AM
ppw350Z

Thanks, for the warm welcome. I understand about the modifications, maybe we still could all meet up some time. Let me know what you think.
Old 11-16-2002, 06:08 AM
Jill

I see you have a 94 Talon. TSi? I have a 96 Eclipse as my beater. Z's and DSM's in common - sweet. Where'd you get your Z from? What options did you get? How do you like it so far?
Old 11-16-2002, 06:30 AM
j's350z

Default Greasy windows??????????

Have any of you had the greasy window problem fixed?????
I have a excellent tint guy in Edison, NJ who actually tinted some show cars for nissan. However, He said wait untill I get the window rollers fixed before tinting the car. It will RUIN the tint...

Jason
East Brunswick, NJ

Base CS
Polk DX6.5 Componets
Polk DX6.5 coaxials
Kicker 10"L7
Kicker KX700.5
JWT pop charger w/heat shield
Sraight Pipe replacing pre-silencer
Wheels to come........
Old 11-16-2002, 07:13 AM
ppw350Z

Yes, I have a 94' eagle talon ESI as my beater I'll be selling it soon to get a new beater. Just waiting to pay off the Z. It's actually a funny story about my Z. I had one pre-ordered from Classic in Turnersville. It was a pikes peak white track model. I ordered it appox. 2 months ago. Then after I ordered it I test drove one, I didn't like the cloth interior at all. I had never seen the rims on the track model either, when I did I wasn't that impressed. Then I was told I wasn't getting my car until January, so I took matters into my own hands and went to Brooklyn and picked up my touring model in pikes peak white. I absolutely in love with the car, I'm soooooooo happy I got the touring model. Love the seats, I'll probably get wheels in the future we'll see. As for options I got everything except the DVD navigation, I'm gonna do my own. B/C the dealership told me that the stock dvd system won't play dvd's. So I'll just get my own in a few months. I love this car it's absolutely the best car I've ever owned and it drives like a dream.
Old 11-18-2002, 04:07 AM
Megatron

welcome to the family, even thought you where already part of the dsm family with your esi. I have an 93 eclipse as my beater. Probably sell it after winter is over, and get another beater.
When I go for my first oil change I'll have them check my windows for the oil streak. 2500 miles on the z. Had it since 9/18. I remember that beautful day, when they called. I agree we should all meet up.

Quick Reply: Tinting in NJ/PA/DE?