Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where can I get LED Parking Bulbs for the Z?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 05:42 AM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where can I get LED Parking Bulbs for the Z?

Bought some of ares LED bulbs last year and they look great since they burn the same color light as the headlights instead of yellowish.

Only problem is ares website looks like he's no longer doing the LED bulbs and I have not been able to reach him via email. I now need two more sets (one bulb burned out or was damage during a recent headlight modification and I want a set to go behind the reflector strip).

Anyone have a source for these?
Old 03-16-2005, 06:28 AM
Z CRUZN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcduck
Bought some of ares LED bulbs last year and they look great since they burn the same color light as the headlights instead of yellowish.

Only problem is ares website looks like he's no longer doing the LED bulbs and I have not been able to reach him via email. I now need two more sets (one bulb burned out or was damage during a recent headlight modification and I want a set to go behind the reflector strip).

Anyone have a source for these?
Hi buddy! I picked some LED's up from www.superlumination.com - takes about 10-12 days to get them from AZ, but they are pretty good quality. Picked up reverse lights (7440 - 15 LED), map lights (festoon - 9 LED), & parking lights (168/194 - 5 LED) - reasonably priced. The Bright Whites are a white/blue shade - match great with the headlights. Hope this helps.... Jack
Old 03-16-2005, 08:23 AM
Losing Grip II

Originally Posted by Z CRUZN
Hi buddy! I picked some LED's up from www.superlumination.com - takes about 10-12 days to get them from AZ, but they are pretty good quality. Picked up reverse lights (7440 - 15 LED), map lights (festoon - 9 LED), & parking lights (168/194 - 5 LED) - reasonably priced. The Bright Whites are a white/blue shade - match great with the headlights. Hope this helps.... Jack
Jack you ***** dont you know its not good to lie to people the festoon lights are only available in 31mm for our cars and they are 4 leds.

you can kill me if im wrong

john
Old 03-16-2005, 10:32 AM
mcduck

More questions... (BTW, thanks for the link)

Are these bulbs same wattage rating as normal bulbs? I don't want to run hotter bulbs under the reflector strip.

Also, any thoughts on which variety is best (opaque, focused, etc). I'm leaning the opaque or the inverted. Not looking of a pinpoint beam of light, just a normal light that matches the headlight color.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:42 AM
Losing Grip II

Originally Posted by mcduck
More questions... (BTW, thanks for the link)

Are these bulbs same wattage rating as normal bulbs? I don't want to run hotter bulbs under the reflector strip.

Also, any thoughts on which variety is best (opaque, focused, etc). I'm leaning the opaque or the inverted. Not looking of a pinpoint beam of light, just a normal light that matches the headlight color.
i have the opaque single led for the parking light. i too didnt want the light beam idea, the soft glow is as bright but the beam is more scattered and looks more natural.

john
Old 03-16-2005, 10:52 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

leds wont ever cause a heat problem; nor any issues with wiring gauge ect. they use very little current. only issue you will have is if you use them for turn signals the car wont know their even plugged in.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:02 AM
Z CRUZN

Originally Posted by Losing Grip II
Jack you ***** dont you know its not good to lie to people the festoon lights are only available in 31mm for our cars and they are 4 leds.

you can kill me if im wrong

john
I won't kill you , BUT the 39mm (1 1/2") 9 LED festoon works PURRfectly in our map lights - a little longer than stock, but fit perfectly. Several of us here have done them & they are sweet!! Here's the original thread that turned me on to them.... hope it helps!

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/106005-led-parking-lamps-and-led-interior-lights-pics-inside.html
Old 03-16-2005, 02:09 PM
Losing Grip II

I won't kill you , BUT the 39mm (1 1/2") 9 LED festoon works PURRfectly in our map lights - a little longer than stock, but fit perfectly. Several of us here have done them & they are sweet!! Here's the original thread that turned me on to them.... hope it helps!

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106005
DAM.....

im a loser.

does anyone know as to why those lights are called "festoon"s?

im in the dark on that one.

john
Old 03-16-2005, 05:27 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

*shrug its just what they call those cylinder shaped suckers. on the same hand Im not sure why all the 7440 168 ect are called wedge. its just their name
Old 03-16-2005, 05:28 PM
Losing Grip II

Originally Posted by ares
*shrug its just what they call those cylinder shaped suckers. on the same hand Im not sure why all the 7440 168 ect are called wedge. its just their name
ok.

now sell me some clear strips damit

john
Old 03-16-2005, 07:02 PM
Z CRUZN

Originally Posted by Losing Grip II
DAM.....

im a loser.

does anyone know as to why those lights are called "festoon"s?

im in the dark on that one.

john
festoon - "a decorative chain or strip hanging between two points" ... according to Mr. Webster.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:45 PM
Losing Grip II

festoon - "a decorative chain or strip hanging between two points" ... according to Mr. Webster.
That was slick my friend, very, very slick.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:52 AM
mcduck

Thanks for the info guys. Ordered two types yesterday. Don't remember which ones, but they were not the opaques, they were the ones with 100 degree illumination arc. Ordered a single set of the Matrix LEDs. Will use whichever looks best

Only using them for parking bulbs and reflector strip bulb so the turn signal thing should not be a problem.

Thanks!
Old 03-17-2005, 02:09 PM
dkny_boi

Originally Posted by ares
I can kinda see why... their bases "wedge" tightly into the harness, instead of the others that sit in, and twist to lock in?