Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cracked Front Lip

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 11:21 AM
Eddie1979

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cracked Front Lip

Just bought a new Z and theres a big crack down the center of the front lip. What are my options? Should I patch the crack and paint or can I replace the lip without replacing the whole bumper? I don't have the car for another week otherwise I'd post a pic.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:25 PM
kinjal

the stock z does not have a front lip. is this an aftermarket lip? if so, what kind? or are you talking about the little black piece under the front bumper (front air diffuser)?
Old 03-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Eddie1979

Originally Posted by kinjal
the stock z does not have a front lip. is this an aftermarket lip? if so, what kind? or are you talking about the little black piece under the front bumper (front air diffuser)?
Ah crap i guess the actual bumper is cracked then. It's not the whole bumper though just the section under the black grill, cracked right down the center.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:11 PM
synth19

you're right. The bottom portion of the bumper (which you are referring to as a lip), is part of the bumper. You can't replace that part, you would have to replace the entire front bumper. In this situation I would just add an after market front lip to cover the damaged part. I did that, I had a small crack on the bottom, my Veilside lip covered it up nicely, plus it enhanced the look of the front. Not sure if this idea will work for you, depends on the extent of your damage.. pics would help.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:40 AM
Eddie1979

Originally Posted by synth19
you're right. The bottom portion of the bumper (which you are referring to as a lip), is part of the bumper. You can't replace that part, you would have to replace the entire front bumper. In this situation I would just add an after market front lip to cover the damaged part. I did that, I had a small crack on the bottom, my Veilside lip covered it up nicely, plus it enhanced the look of the front. Not sure if this idea will work for you, depends on the extent of your damage.. pics would help.
Yup i'll post a pic this weekend when i bring her home. The crack is big though, runs from from top to bottom (of lower bumper). I recall seing a carbon fibre thing that wraps around this area. That might work.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:18 AM
B-Unit

You could take the front bumper off and lay some fiberglass down if you know how to work with fiberglass, otherwise youll prolly have to take it to a shop.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:03 PM
Eddie1979

Originally Posted by m|2. B|2 ya|\|
You could take the front bumper off and lay some fiberglass down if you know how to work with fiberglass, otherwise youll prolly have to take it to a shop.
I'm thinking of getting one of those carbon fibre lower front bumpber overlays like bluebatmobile sells, or the CF EVO-R one. That should hide the crack nicely and still look okay at the same time.