Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MVP Carries products the company doesnt make ... hmm

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 11:26 AM
valdeztke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MVP Carries products the company doesnt make ... hmm

Was searching around today on MVPmotorsports.com and seen a few sets of CF lips and side skirts. ( I have been hunting a quality brand to buy from for these products). So I decide to call Seibon and see what this is all about...

Just got off the phone with Seibon and they have NEVER produced a CF side skirt or CF rear. Care to comment on the listing on your sight for them MVP? It would be a shame that you wouldnt be able to carry Seibon anymore...

Just a little FYI to all my people at my350z.com
Old 04-20-2005, 11:28 AM
valdeztke

Default MVP motorsports carries products not made by a the company ... fishy...

Was searching around today on MVPmotorsports.com and seen a few sets of CF lips and side skirts. ( I have been hunting a quality brand to buy from for these products). So I decide to call Seibon and see what this is all about...

Just got off the phone with Seibon and they have NEVER produced a CF side skirt or CF rear. Care to comment on the listing on your sight for them MVP? It would be a shame that you wouldnt be able to carry Seibon anymore...

Just a little FYI to all my people at my350z.com

this is what the product says:

There are several competitors to Seibon that make carbon fiber body pieces, but we don't offer them to our customers. Why? Simple - we want to offer products that are made of good quality, that fit correct every time, and will last under varying conditions of heat, cold, and wet weather. Thus after years of not carrying carbon fiber products (due to overall lack of quality) we now offer you Seibon. You will enjoy the tight and constant weave of their carbon fiber products. You will appreciate the workmanship that goes into their manufacturing process, and you certainly will like the way their products actually FIT YOUR 350Z!

werid how Siebon said all they have is a new mold for a front lip .. weird eh ?
Old 04-20-2005, 11:54 AM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

are you talking bout knock offs. lots of companies like retailers will rebadge items and claim it's theres. Intense motorsports lips are from ABS dynamics and IMO look like the Hasemi lip. Then GSC power div lip is a veilside v1 knock off. not sure bout 350Zforums could have outsourced their stuff or use fiberimages, seibon, or VIS. in terms of seibon fitment. ehh it okay if you don't mind grinding one of the holes of your hood bracket.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:56 AM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

oh yeah one more thing you do know that those vented hoods are knocjk offs of JDM hoods right. the knockoffs are okay but you better be sure that who ever you buy it from is local and gaurantee fitment. shipping back the item is a biotch. i had to get a second hood due to fitment issue. thank god my shop is reputable and local.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:06 PM
mario60185
Chicago Realtor

thanks man!
Old 04-20-2005, 12:16 PM
valdeztke

Where in that post did I mention hoods?
Old 04-20-2005, 01:21 PM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

i was reffering to the sig when it said soon vt hood
Old 04-20-2005, 01:37 PM
valdeztke

hehe Oh ..
Old 04-20-2005, 02:04 PM
old_s13

bleh...

they have really poor descriptions of their products on their site. whoever wrote this about cross drilled rotors needs to have their heads examined, because none of this is true:

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templa...635&SearchYN=N

" We are often asked if slotted and/or drilled rotors are worth the additional money. The answer is yes! The reason is science.
When you apply your brakes you are squeezing your brake pad to your rotor to create friction and as we know friction creates heat. This heat is in the form of a gas. The more friction the more heat, the more heat the more gas. The more you brake, the harder you brake, and the longer your brake all build up more hot gas.

On a standard rotor this hot gas has no easy route to escape. The result is your brake pad is pushed away from your rotor so the gas can move. Now you can't stop as quick because your pad and rotor are being separated by the gas that needs to escape. This is commonly called brake fade.
If you have slotted and/or drilled rotors then the hot gas has a channel to escape through and you will not experience brake fade as quick or for as long.

The hotter a rotor gets and the more time it takes to cool off the more it warps. A solid rotor gets hotter and takes longer to cool off, thus warping quicker and requiring a replacement significantly sooner than a slotted and/or drilled rotor. "

Pads fade when they go beyond their operating temperatures. Rotors should be increased in size/thickness when they get easily over-heated. The out-gassing of a pad only happens under heavy heavy braking, and that just causes inconsistent contact between the rotor and pad, it doesnt cause fade. And, rotors dont warp when they slowly cool.. they warp when they change temperatures too rapidly or un-evenly. Who wrote all this crap, must've been someone in sales.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:45 PM
valdeztke

I say we nix ever using MVP motorsports ...

Who is with me ?
Old 04-20-2005, 06:42 PM
2003z

Can't speak for that, but I've dealt with MVP on a couple occassions. They have always offered great products at outstanding prices and had super-quick shipping for me.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:06 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you have to post twice?
Old 04-20-2005, 07:16 PM
valdeztke

yes, yes i do.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:23 PM
2004z
Sleeps in 350Z

I bought my Veilside front and sides from MVP. Upon seeing my purchase, another member here ordered the same kit. Both times the order was handled professionally and shipped promptly.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:27 PM
Rookie84

I have spend many thousands of dollars for parts from MVP when I had my Supra. They always provided me exceptional service and have shipped everything in timely manner. MVP is very popular for its exceptional customer service among many communities as well.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:29 AM
valdeztke

I'm glad that everyone has had great service with them, hence the reason the post didnt say anything about their service ( gheez people ). All it addressed was how can you claim to carry an item made by a company if the company never manu. it?

Would you buy a bk that said JDM , but was made in my uncle ted's garage?

You people tangent off wayyy to quick ..
Old 04-21-2005, 08:03 AM
D@ActiveTuning

I would contact the company directly and ask before assuming they are doing something bad on purpose and calling them out publicly on it.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:25 AM
valdeztke

Well Dave I figured asking Seibon if they carried the product ...was an even better route and when they said no they didnt .. I was just a lil confused as to why they would list these products as SEibon ..
its more of a black and white picture I see ...
Old 04-22-2005, 06:32 AM
NoahzBurnt

seems like a personal vendetta to me....dude...thanks for the heads up....but I would call MVP first
Old 04-22-2005, 07:01 AM
abstrakt

Originally Posted by NoahzBurnt
seems like a personal vendetta to me....dude...thanks for the heads up....but I would call MVP first
+1

Quick Reply: MVP Carries products the company doesnt make ... hmm