Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Does any-1 know how to do this???

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005 | 10:53 PM
HAKKA-BOY

Default Does any-1 know how to do this???

I was looking at the HIN gallery and came across a pic of a yellow Z with the gas thing relocated to behind the license plate.

It looks sweet!!!!!

Does any-1 know how to do this??? Or where can I get any info on this mod.??????

here is the pic I saw:

"https://my350z.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=143&c=257"
Old 04-28-2005 | 11:01 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO
Premier Member

I'd just contact mazzoo who is the owner of that car. It's most likely going to be a pricey mod since you'll be moving a lot of parts around, plus you'll still have to patch-up & paint the old gas cap. Good luck!
Old 04-28-2005 | 11:08 PM
HAKKA-BOY

"mazzoo???" How do I get in touch w/ this guy??? Any e-mail address???

Sorry to sound stupid for not knowing "Mazzoo"
Old 04-28-2005 | 11:11 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO
Premier Member

Here you go:
https://my350z.com/forum/members/29251-mazzoo.html

That's his profile with contact info. You can contact him via email or private message. Most common is Private Message.
Old 04-28-2005 | 11:16 PM
HAKKA-BOY

Thanks a thousand GTNPU Z.
Old 04-28-2005 | 11:18 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO
Premier Member

No problem.

BTW...here's his website so you can checkout his car in more detail:

http://www.wide350z.com/

It shows a lot of pics during his building process.
Old 11-11-2005 | 10:55 AM
mazzoo

Really this was not as hard as you think.

I first took the filler line off the car, but keep it because you will be reusing a part of it later.

Take the filler pipe and cut both the filler pipe and vent pipe about 5 inches down from the bottom of the filler bowl. (This is where the cap screws in)

Take off the bumper and remove the wire for the plate light. This is the hole you will use to put the pipe through. You will then need to drill another hole to use for the light.

After you get your filler just how you like it tack weld it on. You will need to make a brace in the back for support.

After that you can make a hole in your bumper.

Install the bumper and the cap you like and you’re done. Remember I did leave out a lot of the work the body guys did to make it look good. Also you will no long have a spare tire because the filler line will go across the spare tire well and drop down to the tank and connect to the 2 stock hoses that connected the OEM filler.
Old 11-11-2005 | 03:56 PM
IceBurnzTT

Another pointless mod
Old 11-11-2005 | 05:05 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

fuel cell...
Old 11-12-2005 | 11:09 AM
style JDM

Originally Posted by IceBurnzTT
Another pointless mod

i agree
Old 11-12-2005 | 05:38 PM
350xfire

Originally Posted by mazzoo
Really this was not as hard as you think.

I first took the filler line off the car, but keep it because you will be reusing a part of it later.

Take the filler pipe and cut both the filler pipe and vent pipe about 5 inches down from the bottom of the filler bowl. (This is where the cap screws in)

Take off the bumper and remove the wire for the plate light. This is the hole you will use to put the pipe through. You will then need to drill another hole to use for the light.

After you get your filler just how you like it tack weld it on. You will need to make a brace in the back for support.

After that you can make a hole in your bumper.

Install the bumper and the cap you like and you’re done. Remember I did leave out a lot of the work the body guys did to make it look good. Also you will no long have a spare tire because the filler line will go across the spare tire well and drop down to the tank and connect to the 2 stock hoses that connected the OEM filler.
Holy crap. I can't handle looking at pics of a brand new car getting torn apart like that.... For what is a less than desirable mod, at least for me... I must commend you on your level of guts.
Old 11-12-2005 | 09:05 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

pointless unless your putting in a fuel cell...

Old 11-12-2005 | 09:43 PM
ADMAN

Love that cage...
Old 11-12-2005 | 09:49 PM
ZlleH

Did you guys even take a look at the finish product? His car is insane. It's one of the most extreme mods I've seen done to the Z but oddly enough, he kept it tasteful and kept the lines of the 350Z. It's obviously a show car and the relocation of the gas cap is not useless when you are reconstructing the whole body anyway. Take a look at his website gallery and see the beginning to the end.

http://www.wide350z.com/images/350z%20Pictures/12.jpg
http://www.wide350z.com/images/350z%20Pictures/03.jpg

^ finished product. One of the best custom widebody Z I've seen. It's beautiful.

Edit: Just noticed the sideskirts in 03.jpg... There are no lines... the front finder,sideskirt, and rear fender is one piece.

Last edited by ZlleH; 11-12-2005 at 09:55 PM.
Old 11-13-2005 | 01:32 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

for a body kit like that it would need to be relocated with the custom wide fenders in the rear...

I am not trying to come across as dissing anything... that car is tight...

but, if you are going to move anything fuel system wize, it is best to do it properly...
Old 11-13-2005 | 08:21 AM
350xfire

Originally Posted by ZlleH
Did you guys even take a look at the finish product? His car is insane. It's one of the most extreme mods I've seen done to the Z but oddly enough, he kept it tasteful and kept the lines of the 350Z. It's obviously a show car and the relocation of the gas cap is not useless when you are reconstructing the whole body anyway. Take a look at his website gallery and see the beginning to the end.

http://www.wide350z.com/images/350z%20Pictures/12.jpg
http://www.wide350z.com/images/350z%20Pictures/03.jpg

^ finished product. One of the best custom widebody Z I've seen. It's beautiful.

Edit: Just noticed the sideskirts in 03.jpg... There are no lines... the front finder,sideskirt, and rear fender is one piece.
Vey nice indeed...
Old 11-13-2005 | 12:41 PM
bmxox

Originally Posted by IceBurnzTT
Another pointless mod
Its only pointless to some one that doesnt like it. The reason to do it, is to clean up the body. To some people everything is pointless unless it makes it go faster, to others they are all about looks. To some people its pointless to do anything to your car at all because its just a means of transportation. Obviously its up to the individual. I'm sure everyone has done something to their car that someone else says is pointless but if they like it thats all that matters.

I think it looks good, the body is cleaned up more. Nice work.
Old 11-13-2005 | 05:27 PM
05-Z

I like the mod, and it only makes his car even more unique.
Old 11-13-2005 | 05:34 PM
ZRAYGO

I Said It Once And I Will Say It Again. This Is The Best Looking Z On The Road....period. Do You Guys Realize That This Is A Widebody Built From Scratch. The Fact That The Wide Body Mod Is So Simplistic Makes It That Much More Dope. He Only Widended The Fenders By About About .5 Of An Inch. Something That Noone And I Mean Noone On This Forum Ever Thought Of. This Is Truly A One Of A Kind. He Has 19x11 Rims In The Front And 19x13 In The Rear. His Ems Is A True State Of The Art Ems. Its A 5k System That Is Used By The F1 Cars On The Circuit. I Dare Someone To Even Attempt To Post Another Z That Even Comes Close To Looking This Grand.
Old 11-13-2005 | 05:36 PM
ZRAYGO

oh and by the way, its a fully molded Wald Kit. The kit is a one off because of the molds and the widebody. There will probably never be another.

Quick Reply: Does any-1 know how to do this???