Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brickyard...lets see those kits

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 01:55 PM
illudezion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brickyard...lets see those kits

I wanna see what the brickyard would look like with the Ings Half kit...but please post any kit...i wanna see that they look like on.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:13 PM
bixby

Go to the gallery section & look at Dr Bonz's car. I think McDuck may have some pic's there too.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:14 AM
illphil

Bump for this thread... I can't find hardly any pics with kits on this color.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:04 AM
bixby

Thats because there were only 2404 Brickyards made and there are only a handful of owners on this forum and of those I believe only a few have body kits.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:18 AM
illphil

Very true, well hopefully I'll get to work with some exterior goodies soon.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:41 AM
BrickydZ

Default Here are some of my baby girl!!!!!

Nismo full kit, with Replica wing. (Had to cover stock holes)

Hope this helps!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Brickyard...lets see those kits-4.jpg   Brickyard...lets see those kits-7.jpg   Brickyard...lets see those kits-2.jpg   Brickyard...lets see those kits-5.jpg   Brickyard...lets see those kits-6.jpg  

Old 05-20-2005, 09:50 AM
ZPirate

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BrickydZ
Nismo full kit, with Replica wing. (Had to cover stock holes)

Hope this helps!!!!!!
BrickydZ,

Did your replica wing fit the holes for the stock spoiler? The Nismo does not that is one reason I haven't gotten one. If yours fit the stock holes where did you get it from? Your car looks awesome! Thanks.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:30 AM
BrickydZ

Default Replica Wing

You are correct. OEM Nismo wont cover the stock aero spoiler holes, but the replicas will. The rear bolt uses the stock holes for the tips of the spoiler and hides the inner holes. Drill two new holes for the wing and your are done.

I got mine, painted Brickyard $350.00 off ebay fromt his vendor. I liked the fact that this guy had over 2000 positive feedbacks items, and only a couple of deadbeats that didnt like them for one reason or another. The match on my paint job was great. I dont know if they still offer it or not but they are still in business.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...erid=trimking1

If not then try Performance Nissan. They have a replica and good experience with it.

PS..Noticed in your sig your have "Z' Center Caps. I custom made these from side emblems, thought you might like to see.
Attached Thumbnails Brickyard...lets see those kits-2.jpg   Brickyard...lets see those kits-1.jpg  
Old 05-20-2005, 11:26 AM
ZPirate

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BrickydZ
You are correct. OEM Nismo wont cover the stock aero spoiler holes, but the replicas will. The rear bolt uses the stock holes for the tips of the spoiler and hides the inner holes. Drill two new holes for the wing and your are done.

I got mine, painted Brickyard $350.00 off ebay fromt his vendor. I liked the fact that this guy had over 2000 positive feedbacks items, and only a couple of deadbeats that didnt like them for one reason or another. The match on my paint job was great. I dont know if they still offer it or not but they are still in business.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...erid=trimking1

If not then try Performance Nissan. They have a replica and good experience with it.

PS..Noticed in your sig your have "Z' Center Caps. I custom made these from side emblems, thought you might like to see.
BrickydZ,

Thanks for the info on the spoiler. I will check that out.

Your center caps look nice. Did you glue the side emblem to the top of the standard center cap for the Nismo wheels? How did you get them to match the wheels? Paint them? My center caps are the Z caps I had on my Track wheels before. I got them from Courtesy Nissan. The finish on them perfectly matches the finish on the spokes of the Nismo wheels.

The only problem is that although they fasten into the wheel perfectly the front or top of the cap where the Z is is not quite as big around as the standard Nismo center cap so it leaves a gap all the way around at the bottom of what I call the "bowl" in the center of the wheel. Ironically the area right around the center of the wheel under where the standard cap sits and adjacent to the center hole is also the same finish so it doesn't look that bad. A standard side Z emblem in black with a silver Z would probably look good glued to the Nismo center cap too.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:06 PM
BrickydZ

Default Caps

I took Gum out carb cleaner to them and got the black paint off. that is all.
The silver color is so very close that I didnt need anything else. Tho I did put a little car wax on them.

I dremmeled out the z emblem back, drilled thru the standard nismo caps, then packed the z emblem with a quick set epoxy , centered a 1/4 bolt in the epoxy and lined up the cap with it, and kept centering the whole thing till the epoxy hardened.

On the rears i had to cut the bolt off to accomodate the rear axle.
I like the idea of the bolt because if give soem extra old. the head of the bolt is covered up in the wet epoxy, the epoxy oozed thru the hole in the cap
and it all holds really well. I use a roofing nail to pop them off, because the rears move a little under torque.

I love these things , best mod I have made yet. one of kind,,,

Glad yu like the car, have a nice day.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:12 AM
Z'd Up

Nice ride BrickdZ - clean and tight! like the work on the wheel center caps! Those are subtle and original
Old 05-22-2005, 08:30 PM
ReavTek

I really like your gold emblems, does it come like that? I want to paint my Z a dark purple in the future with bronze or gold emblems/accents.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:34 AM
BrickydZ

Default Thanks

Thanks for all th compliments.

As for the emblems, I had to get a local auto trim guy to gold them for me.
USDM doesnt have any gold, But the JDM does. But very expensive and not a complete set.

I had the following doen in gold.

Front and Rear Nissan Hamburgers
Left and Right Fender Z Emblems
Left and Right Door Sill Large Z's
Rear Strut Bar Z
Z on 350Z on Nav door. 350 left silver
Steering Wheels Z
Engine cover Z
Rear 350Z on left rear
Front and Rear Nismo Plate Frames

Pics
1: Not a great pic of the nav door but you get the idea.
2: Under the hood with painted covers
3: Front Plate and Hamburger
4: I love the way everything blends with the gold track brembos
5: A 1/10 scale RC painted OEM color and yes gold emblems.
Attached Thumbnails Brickyard...lets see those kits-1.jpg   Brickyard...lets see those kits-2.jpg   Brickyard...lets see those kits-3.jpg   Brickyard...lets see those kits-4.jpg   Brickyard...lets see those kits-5.jpg  

Last edited by BrickydZ; 05-23-2005 at 06:36 AM.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:24 PM
sal1

Here is a picture of my ride with v1 lip and greddy side skirts, the wheels are 19' volks gtc's.
Attached Thumbnails Brickyard...lets see those kits-dscf0989_edited-1-small-.jpg