Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Planning to order Stillen side skirts and rear valance. What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 06:24 PM
vicmar90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I checked them out but it is hard to tell with the carbon fiber. I like the painted look better. Hopefully, there will be pictures of this in the future.
Victor
Old 12-04-2002, 07:34 PM
zpeedDemon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Planning to order Stillen side skirts and rear valance. What do you think?

Originally posted by vicmar90
Well, after careful consideration tomorrow I will be making a decision on ordering the Stillen side skirts and rear valance. I want to keep the stock front bumper and later have Yuichi add for me the LED's to my clear side markers unless his complete set are out before I get to this (it's a little too cold now in Connecticut to be working outside and removing my bumper).

What do you guys think of this setup?

I got a good price from Avalon Racing and will be going to them to have these items painted and installed. I don't know yet when this will get done (I should find out tomorrow).

Has anyone else gotten the Stillen kit? Please advise.
Thanks.
Victor
If you like it personaly and makes you happy I say go for it...It is a bit too overdone for me I think.
Old 12-05-2002, 10:20 AM
Alang

Since your asking opnions, and I happen to have one, here goes.

[opnion on]

I saw the kit in person at the stillen show, and the first thing I noticed was that the rear of the side skirts have FAKE vents on them. They look like brake cooling vents, but do nothing. This alone had me running away in disgust. Fake vents are rice pure and simple. Without even making a statement on the looks (since they are personal), having fake vents makes such a bad statement that I would never consider this kit.

[opnion off]
Old 12-05-2002, 10:45 AM
vicmar90

Thanks Alang. You just helped me make my decision. I was hoping someone had seen it up close and you did.
Victor
Old 12-05-2002, 12:20 PM
dczoner

Am I the only one who thinks maybe its a bit early in the model's existance to want to apply aftermarket body kits for street use?

As it is right now, I get so much attention just for the car, which already has a pretty damned aggressive look (with that big front facia intake, it LOOKS like a body kit). I got a fully Wings West Kit as well as some Stillen parts for my 300ZX when it was a 8-9 year old car, just to update it, and also to encourage onlookers.

Wings West Typ-W kit had the same Stillen application - side intake vents that go... nowhere. My mech & I tried to figure out a way to pipe the air to the backside of the brakes for additional cooling, but with no luck. I think that style is just popular because of ferrari's and porsche's etc where the engine actually is in the rear and those side intakes can actually do something.

Just my $0.02. . . If it were my $620, I'd work on the stereo, or see if you can find a body shop guy that'll do some off-the-clock work and give you a better deal on your side panel...

Good Luck! - Dave
Old 12-05-2002, 12:46 PM
nosuchsol

Hi DC,

Vic's car has a scrape across the bottom portion so that's why he's looking for some new skirts. =)

And Vic, did you see the side skirts from INGS+1?

http://www.takakaira.com/asp/template.asp?id=631&cat=1

I think they really keep the stock lines
Old 12-05-2002, 04:30 PM
vicmar90

Not that I'm old (I'm 37) but back when I was younger a stereo upgrade would be number 1 on my list. This is not as important to me now. My car will be mostly garaged for the winter and will mostly only be driven on weekends during the other seasons so I won't be using the stereo that much.

I have been looking into bodykits because, as nosuchsol, mentioned, I got a long scrape that needs to be fixed and I decided to take this time to explore my options.

I am not looking to rice my car, however, I would like to do something to make my car unique. To be honest with you, the Stillen kit mostly appealed to me because of price. Now the more I look at it the more I don't like it as it does draw too much attention.

So far my favorite side skirts are from Nismo. I don't love any of the rear under spoilers and front spoilers out but if I got the Nismo side skirts it would need to be complimented with something so as far as what I've seen the Veilside front and rear spoilers appeal to me the most.

I still don't know what I'm going to do. I may just fix the stock side skirt and save my money for engine mods. Who knows, right now I just have 350Z fever!

See ya.
Victor