Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

underbody neons

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 03:09 PM
z-rexxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your not going to get any good advice ....the Z is too classy of a car its the Z man dont rice it up make it clean.....its just like the kid from canada a while back posted somthing similar ...he put 20in spinners on his Z now that was a funny a$$ thread...lots of quarter mile at the time crap
Old 07-01-2005, 08:21 PM
350z_2NR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mdracer76
OK.. I see noone here is going to give this kid good advice on the underbody neons... so here goes.

Purchase the neon kit, like street glow, or some other reputable neon mfg. park your car in a garage or some other level surface. You'll need:

A Jack
A blanket or sheet (to lay the neon parts down on)
Hand tools
Grease or some lubricant.

Lay out all of the parts from the neon kit on your sheet. Make sure everything is there.
Procede to jack one side of the Z up using the Jack.
once the Z is high enough that you can fit your torso underneath it, locate where you want to mount the neon. Usually its best on the frame rails. Now your ready to mount. grab a neon tub, and cover it with grease. Remove you pants, and insert the tub in your a$$. once the tue is inserted procede to the underside of the car. Once underneath the car place your head near the frame. The next part is tricky, and you may want a buddy to help you. With your head positioned near the frame rail, lower the jack rapidly. **

Enjoy!

** These instructions are only provided as amusement. The author is not responsible for any injurys or death that may be incured by following these instructions.
okay jackass its a tube not tub if you wanna try to make a joke atleast take the time to look up and spell things correctly. lmao and all you ppl calling it rice i guess even ricers and trying to use that term if you didnt want a "rice" car you should have got a mustang or a camaro a 350z is rice idiots!
Old 07-01-2005, 08:35 PM
skitoles

there's a difference between "japanese cars" and "rice cars" just because a car is from japan doesn't make it rice...it's what you do to it, like under glows and GAY *** ALTEZZAS are rice parts...and the Z isn't "rice", it's CLASSY...
Old 07-02-2005, 12:40 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

what wrong with underground neon? i have it installed. 7 flashing pattent LED. The hard part is to jack up your car and drill the neon in. If you want to do, just do it. Don't bother to listen to other since it's your car.
Old 07-02-2005, 01:55 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by Bubble
what wrong with underground neon? i have it installed. 7 flashing pattent LED. The hard part is to jack up your car and drill the neon in. If you want to do, just do it. Don't bother to listen to other since it's your car.
I guess to each his own. It'll never happen on my Z.

As for my spelling 350z_2NR..

Old 07-02-2005, 02:53 AM
Z BOY

OK.. I see noone here is going to give this kid good advice on the underbody neons... so here goes.

Purchase the neon kit, like street glow, or some other reputable neon mfg. park your car in a garage or some other level surface. You'll need:

A Jack
A blanket or sheet (to lay the neon parts down on)
Hand tools
Grease or some lubricant.

Lay out all of the parts from the neon kit on your sheet. Make sure everything is there.
Procede to jack one side of the Z up using the Jack.
once the Z is high enough that you can fit your torso underneath it, locate where you want to mount the neon. Usually its best on the frame rails. Now your ready to mount. grab a neon tub, and cover it with grease. Remove you pants, and insert the tub in your a$$. once the tue is inserted procede to the underside of the car. Once underneath the car place your head near the frame. The next part is tricky, and you may want a buddy to help you. With your head positioned near the frame rail, lower the jack rapidly.
you forgot the last steps: connect the neons to the battery and take a picture.

Last edited by Z BOY; 07-02-2005 at 02:57 AM.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:57 AM
Z BOY

Originally Posted by 350z_2NR
you people own a japanese car AKA RICE ITS AS RICE AS IT GETS F*CK A CIVIC you guys are serious d*cks with expetion of a few
heh heh, he said expetion.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:28 PM
350z_2NR

Originally Posted by skitoles
there's a difference between "japanese cars" and "rice cars" just because a car is from japan doesn't make it rice...it's what you do to it, like under glows and GAY *** ALTEZZAS are rice parts...and the Z isn't "rice", it's CLASSY...

altezzas are from europe and underglows prob came from here
Old 07-02-2005, 12:30 PM
350z_2NR

I guess to each his own. It'll never happen on my Z.

well thats your choice and i dont care, i was just asking how to do something and you come in here and start bashing.. i dont care what you like or dont like, and as for calling me a homo lol your the one making all the gay comments are you trying to hide something?
Old 07-02-2005, 02:20 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubble
+1

wow didn't see this thread for some reason...a lot of bashing. I got the 7 color LED's too. Personally I'm not a big fan of it...but I just use it for car shows to try to score a few more points.

Not sure about the other ones, but the 7 color LED's are really easy to install...the hard part is the wiring. Just bolt it on to the bottom using the supplied hooks (I used zipties instead so its not as easy to take off...the supplied hooks have are "open" so u can just snap them off). Plug them in the supplied bran, sand down a bit of the bottom of the chassis to ground it, and u're pretty much done.

Just do what you wanna do with your car. Bottom line is that you like it. Good luck.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:28 PM
350z_2NR

Originally Posted by nitrouz
+1

wow didn't see this thread for some reason...a lot of bashing. I got the 7 color LED's too. Personally I'm not a big fan of it...but I just use it for car shows to try to score a few more points.

Not sure about the other ones, but the 7 color LED's are really easy to install...the hard part is the wiring. Just bolt it on to the bottom using the supplied hooks (I used zipties instead so its not as easy to take off...the supplied hooks have are "open" so u can just snap them off). Plug them in the supplied bran, sand down a bit of the bottom of the chassis to ground it, and u're pretty much done.

Just do what you wanna do with your car. Bottom line is that you like it. Good luck.

thank you for not bashing, i just made this for help not to get cussed by some middle aged guy
Old 07-02-2005, 09:13 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

thank you for not bashing, i just made this for help not to get cussed by some middle aged guy
That's the best you got?

How many Z owners does it take to screw in a light bulb?

None, it can't be done.

To hook up neon lights you need to run a wire from the battery to a fuse, then to a switch and then to the positive wire of the LED's or neons. Each light bank or tube will have to connect to that wire. The other end of each wire will get grounded to the chassis with a screw.

If you wire them backward they don't work. They probably come with instructions if you can read Japanese or Chinese.

I would have guessed they still taught basic electricity in schools. As a (past) middle aged guy I was taught basic electrical theory in fifth grade back in 1971 or there abouts.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:50 PM
350Mark

+2 If you show your car or do shows, anything helps. Neons, strobes, and so on win points!!!. I always thought neons were "rice" but if you compete without neons or any type of lighting you will lose!!! Same thing with graphics. Always disliked them, but to win in a show, its a must have... IMo...

Originally Posted by nitrouz
+1

Old 07-03-2005, 12:33 AM
jinsei888

*barf*
Old 07-03-2005, 01:23 AM
joust75

Old 07-03-2005, 08:11 AM
mdracer76
Banned

well thats your choice and i dont care, i was just asking how to do something and you come in here and start bashing.. i dont care what you like or dont like, and as for calling me a homo lol your the one making all the gay comments are you trying to hide something?
hey.. I came out of the closet years ago ... fisrt thing I did is put some hot pink neons on my car.

Seriously.. I came in here joking.. and still am.. no offense was intended. your going to find that allot of guys on here think that neon lights are not classy at all on a Z. Again to each his own.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:47 AM
03Black350Z

I am planning to put white neons under my car , I think they would look sweet...
Old 07-03-2005, 09:53 AM
350z_2NR

i like neons i dont like graphics too much tho.. but yeah im getting ready to enter my car in the Nopi car show so.. i kinda need em on
Old 07-03-2005, 12:38 PM
imoz

Isn't it illegal to drive your car on the street with neon lights?
Old 07-03-2005, 12:52 PM
NTRIGUE

you people own a japanese car AKA RICE ITS AS RICE AS IT GETS F*CK A CIVIC you guys are serious d*cks with expetion of a few
You might be a homo if...

Quick Reply: underbody neons