Sponsored by:

Got my LED side markers from StrictlyZ.com! ~pics~

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 05:38 AM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by VQracer
Post pics of these on the car!!!
It's going to be a while; I don't even have my VIN yet.
Old 12-15-2002, 01:26 PM
Omega350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by wxtornado
I was wondering what in the world the purpose of these things are - I'm guessing it's just for looks?
I assume you are referring to sidemarkers? Sidemarkers are used to provide an extra set of turn signals to a position on the vehicle that makes it easier for other drivers to see your intentions. Assume for a minute that a car is in your blind spot and you want to get into that lane, when you turn on your signal, (assuming you use them anyways....) that driver will have a much easier time seeing a sidemarker blinking then they would your back or front turn signals.

What ive noticed also is that more and more vehicles are coming stock with them or with blinking rearview mirror markers. I added a set to my civic and used LED bulbs in them and everyone was like because it was so uncommon to see. Maybe when that point comes along that the 350z doesnt get quite as many faces anymore, something simple like this would be great.

I have a suggestion about how though, instead of messing with the factory reflectors, Why not dissasemble the stock side emblems and use indiglo film in place of the black section, wired to run with your turn signal system? Obvioulsy it wont help much during the day, but at night it WILL definitely bring back a bit of the shock effect to the vehicle.