Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lambo Doors!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 11:41 PM
kvn8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so how much are the diff. kinds of lambo door kits? The ones that have the 2 steps to opening them and the ones that jsut open straight up? And for those who have it installed, how muhc did the installation cost??

also aare there lamob door kits that open auto.. like with a push of a button or something?
Old 07-31-2005, 05:30 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kvn8
so how much are the diff. kinds of lambo door kits? The ones that have the 2 steps to opening them and the ones that jsut open straight up? And for those who have it installed, how muhc did the installation cost??

also aare there lamob door kits that open auto.. like with a push of a button or something?

Did ANYONE read the treads I linked in my post above?
Old 07-31-2005, 06:43 AM
adamsky27

How much for the GTF kit and custom door panels? PM me...

Originally Posted by Chaseraero
Best kit out is GT Factory see for yourself...
http://www.aerokits.net/DiabloHinge/...Nissan%20350z/

Anyone interested? I have everything you need (GTF kit, GTF custom interior door panels, and installers in over 25 states)

-Jamee
Chaser Aerodynamics
410-612-9081
www.aerokits.net
Old 08-01-2005, 04:43 AM
PumpedVA

Originally Posted by adamsky27
How much for the GTF kit and custom door panels? PM me...

I can tell you its 999.99 fo the kit and about 475 for panals. give or take a few $$. I just got mine in this week
Old 08-01-2005, 04:54 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PumpedVA, which kit did you buy?
Old 08-01-2005, 05:38 AM
PumpedVA

GT factory
Old 08-01-2005, 07:33 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when you said: panals. What is it about custom panals?
Old 08-01-2005, 07:43 AM
Kaitain

Originally Posted by Dr Bonz
Did ANYONE read the treads I linked in my post above?
No, no one reads the threads. That's why I just gave up on posting in the politics section; it's like having a coverstion with a post.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:47 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubble
when you said: panals. What is it about custom panals?
The GTF doors open horizontally far enough to clear the latch mechanism, then they go up. With the stock interior door panels, this would be a problem because the front of the door panel (up where the air-vent is) would hit the A-pillar. The GTF replacement interior panels are very low profile, and basically eliminate the door vents. This allows the door to swing upward without having to be opened horizontally as far as the other kits such as the VDI and Decah kits.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:06 AM
cha shu bao

pretty ricey imo. throw on some neon lights while your at it... in a couple of years, your doors are going to be leakin in the rain, squeaking, and probably won't stay up either... then they'll tell you it's 500 to replace the damper, and you'll wish you never got them in the first place as people laugh at you for buying such a functionless component in the first place. this is just a prediction... and don't even try to compare these to lambo doors which are ENGINEERED to function. don't even tell me that these companies that throw together some new hinges and latches have the same quality just cuz they go up in the same direction.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:59 AM
Adrnln1

GTF looks like the way to go... but after finding out the whole price $999 + 800 for Interior Door in CF + $1,400 for install, I decided I could spend $3K+ elsewhere. It appeared to be $2,400 installed, but when I actually tried to get it done, it was $3,200. For $2,400 I was ready, but not $3,200.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:11 AM
kcobean

Originally Posted by cha shu bao
pretty ricey imo. throw on some neon lights while your at it... in a couple of years, your doors are going to be leakin in the rain, squeaking, and probably won't stay up either... then they'll tell you it's 500 to replace the damper, and you'll wish you never got them in the first place as people laugh at you for buying such a functionless component in the first place. this is just a prediction... and don't even try to compare these to lambo doors which are ENGINEERED to function. don't even tell me that these companies that throw together some new hinges and latches have the same quality just cuz they go up in the same direction.
Find some vaseline...You need to get laid...
Old 08-02-2005, 10:17 AM
cha shu bao

he asked for people's opinion, last time i checked, forums allowed people to give their opinion. sorry i didn't mean to offend you w/ the neon lights. that's cool if you got em.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:33 AM
kcobean

Originally Posted by cha shu bao
he asked for people's opinion, last time i checked, forums allowed people to give their opinion. sorry i didn't mean to offend you w/ the neon lights. that's cool if you got em.
Ha ha..you're funny. No, no neon lights here, so no offense taken.

I'm curious, why do you assume that all aftermarket hinges are poorly engineered? Despite your obvious dislike for them as a mod, there are some well-designed kits out there that will "latch and seal" just like a regular door, so the problems you speak of should never exist. It'll be interesting to see how long the struts do hold up and what it costs to replace them in the eventuality that they do fail, but I think you may be giving them a bum rap from a quality standpoint.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:46 AM
cha shu bao

yea, sorry i sounded retentive. maybe they have some that are better now, but from the kits i've seen in the past, they look pretty shotty. as far as the rain goes, i know some people that have lambo doors that have already started leaking. granted they're not z's, but i would think it could be a similar situation.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:36 PM
PumpedVA

Not trying to flame bro , but a few things. One I dont drive my car in the rain. Two its the only mod left for me to do or can do anyway LOL. Three If you have the flow for 3500 dollor doors you should be ok if something needs replaced 5 years down the road If not you shouldnt have installed the doors.

But the neon's dont let kcobean fool you he is getting some hehe
Old 08-06-2005, 03:13 AM
bahumut075

Originally Posted by Chaseraero
The GT Factory Diablo kit uses gas charged shocks that you can replace at Napa Auto Parts for only $15 a shock...
kcobean's post above mentioned elimination of the door vents. I live in Phoenix... this is not a feasible option for me. Checking the website, however, I noticed that the door's position can be adjusted in relation to when it lifts.

Are these both true, and do you have pictures of any Z that has retained the factory door panels with this kit?
Old 08-06-2005, 07:05 AM
VertexFightR

Default Hello kcobe and others

Hello everyone...First Kelly, may I apologize for an error I made. The rear-most bracket underneath your driver sideskirt I failed to retighten. I forgot because the foglights distracted me so much. I am sorry and can adjust it ANY time it's convenient for you...except tomorrow after 8pm.

I must say I am impressed with the strength and quality of the VDC kit. It seems to handle the main problems very well...strength of shock and alignment when shutting. This kit seems to have no problem with aligning when shutting because of a height-adjustment stud that uses a nylon-lined lock nut in order to ensure it doesn't move --- i.e. sag. The upper mount of the shock is secured by a bolt that is engineered the precise length to allow smooth operation when pivoting around it's horizontal axis.

Aside from the $2K LSD kit, it is the best quality I have installed yet. Vast improvement over the Decah kits...which suck. Am curious about the GTF kit since it's from Japan.

Enjoy Kelly's car. For all the haters.....show this sequence of pictures to 10 random people and see their reaction. I think we can all guess what it would be. Truly one of the most wicked-looking cars I have ever worked on...ESPECIALLY with the doors up!!!

Last edited by VertexFightR; 08-06-2005 at 07:12 AM.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:08 AM
VertexFightR

Default cont.

Old 08-06-2005, 07:19 AM
VertexFightR

Default Almost forgot

Quick Reply: Lambo Doors!