Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aerosync N-Style POLYURETHANE front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 11:53 PM
JDMFairlady21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm wondering bout the same thing... how much of a gap was it?
Old 08-15-2005, 06:40 AM
Donald0730

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopefully, my bumper will be done today. I'm glad ur's fit good. Now I don't have to worry bout it anymore. But I hope I can figure out a way to make the reflectors fit.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:38 AM
SimplyJ

just got off the phone w/ my bodyshop. The bumper should be there by wed and hopefully I'll have my car back by the following monday!!
Old 08-15-2005, 10:27 AM
Gruppe-S
Vendor - Former Vendor

Here is some pictures for you guys!

Tom
Old 08-15-2005, 12:41 PM
boosthappy

Thanks for the pics, I picked up my bumper on Saturday, need to take it to the body shop some time this week. Could you post some side shots of the whole car, I keep wondering if I could pull off the bumper without adding sides or rears for now.

By the way on another note, the bumper looks great and the quality looks top notch, other than finding out what kind of shady people hang out at a Greyhound terminal at night everything was cool.

-Thanks!
Old 08-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Gruppe-S
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by JDMFairlady21
i'm wondering bout the same thing... how much of a gap was it?
Here are some pictures with sidemarkers on.

Tom
Old 08-15-2005, 12:55 PM
Gruppe-S
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by boosthappy
Thanks for the pics, I picked up my bumper on Saturday, need to take it to the body shop some time this week. Could you post some side shots of the whole car, I keep wondering if I could pull off the bumper without adding sides or rears for now.

By the way on another note, the bumper looks great and the quality looks top notch, other than finding out what kind of shady people hang out at a Greyhound terminal at night everything was cool.

-Thanks!
Glad everything went well for you. Those are the only pictures I got therefore I do not have a picture of the whole car.

Tom
Old 08-15-2005, 01:46 PM
geez zee

Question

Originally Posted by Gruppe-S
Here are some pictures with sidemarkers on.

Tom

Tom...

What is the wrinkley looking place on the right edge of the sidemarker ('bout halfway down)? If, indeed, it's a "wrinkle" or otherwise unsightly gap, it's a serious flaw.

Thanks much

RFP
Old 08-15-2005, 02:12 PM
keeptrying

My side markers are aftermarket so I think they are a little smaller. They definitely did not fit as good as the ones in Tom's pics. The gap was big enough to draw your eye thus I'm going for the racer look (nothing at all). I should have the bumper back by Thursday.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:35 PM
Gruppe-S
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by geez zee
Tom...

What is the wrinkley looking place on the right edge of the sidemarker ('bout halfway down)? If, indeed, it's a "wrinkle" or otherwise unsightly gap, it's a serious flaw.

Thanks much

RFP
There no "wrinkle" there as the lighting wasn't perfect therefore it caused a diff shade.

Tom
Old 08-15-2005, 04:43 PM
JonBaker99

I installed mine this weekend. Fits pretty damn well. What are you guys using to secure your under-splash guard. I flipped mine above the lip but it keeps breaking lose and dragging. I'm thinking will try and secure it with some zip ties.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:13 AM
JDMFairlady21

damn lloks pretty damn nice, could you pm me a price shipped by greyhound to 11581? thanks. also are there any plans on making jdm nismo sides?
Old 08-16-2005, 11:17 AM
Gruppe-S
Vendor - Former Vendor

PM sent.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 08-17-2005, 06:09 PM
tlewis

Subcribing...

I have been looking at this since the original link (well before production), and love the fact that it is PU rather than FG, as well as no gap. Unfortunately, I ran of the road last weekend and messed up my stock bumper. It looks a little crooked now, with a few scratches. I think I will have to replace a couple of additional damaged underbody parts to have this ne bumper line up correctly.

I'm interested to see a few more pics of the finished product... How did the paint process go with the PU vs. the stock TPO material? I have a CS Z, and I interested to see how closely the paint matches on the different materials...
Old 08-17-2005, 06:11 PM
tlewis

Originally Posted by JonBaker99
I installed mine this weekend. Fits pretty damn well. What are you guys using to secure your under-splash guard. I flipped mine above the lip but it keeps breaking lose and dragging. I'm thinking will try and secure it with some zip ties.

Does it not have the same mounting holes, etc as stock?
Old 08-17-2005, 09:53 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It has all the original holes except the ones on the bottom which can easily be drilled out. Not a big deal.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:33 PM
Donald0730

Just got mine back from the paint shop. Fitment is so-so. Sidemarkers don't fit right. There aren't any pre-drilled holes for the 2 screws for the sidemarkers. The top doesn't fit that well either. It takes a lil effort to push those plugs into the 6 holes. The top center of the bumper bulges up a lil. The bumper-to-fender alignment is decent. Overall, it's a fairly decent fitting bumper. I'm glad i didn't expect a 100% perfect fit. This is just a simple review. I will get some pics later on. BTW, I installed this myself. I don't think you really need a professional installer for a polyurethane kit.

Another thing I would like to mention is that I would rather have gone with a fiberglass replica(or fork up the money for an authentic one) because those can be modified to fit. And if you damage it, it can be repaired. But polyurethane is "what you see is what you get".
Old 08-23-2005, 03:02 PM
keeptrying

Tom,

Based off the two examples regarding the fitment of side markers I think the manufacture is cutting the holes a tad too big. Could be isolated examples, but if there was literally a little more material I could have made them work. I’m fine with the racer look (no reflectors), but this might not work for everyone. This is by no means a flame. I'm happy with my bumper, just trying to help. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Joe
Old 08-23-2005, 03:26 PM
Donald0730

Originally Posted by keeptrying
Tom,

Based off the two examples regarding the fitment of side markers I think the manufacture is cutting the holes a tad too big. Could be isolated examples, but if there was literally a little more material I could have made them work. I’m fine with the racer look (no reflectors), but this might not work for everyone. This is by no means a flame. I'm happy with my bumper, just trying to help. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Joe
agreed. It was stated earlier that the 1st and the 100th bumper would be exactly the same, so i doubt it's just me and you. And if you look closely at the pics of the side markers, the fitment isn't great either(you can see the silver plastic backing). I guess it would be fair to state that THE SIDEMARKERS DO NOT FIT PERFECT.

Here are some full frontal pics:
Attached Thumbnails Aerosync N-Style POLYURETHANE front bumper-a.jpg   Aerosync N-Style POLYURETHANE front bumper-cimg1502.jpg  

Last edited by Donald0730; 08-23-2005 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:46 PM
risin

I can't tell what's wrong with the fit by looking at the pics. Do you have a closer pic of the sidmarker? Do you think the front bumper bulges up because the 6 plugs were forced to fit? I'm glad you gave a **** review because that's how i am but i think the rubber bumper is better than a fiberglass one. Once again the pics looks good. I want one.

Quick Reply: Aerosync N-Style POLYURETHANE front bumper