Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aerosync N-Style POLYURETHANE front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 10:01 PM
neur0sis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man, Silverstone is really hard to colormatch, isn't it? I got an OEM bumper repainted, and its a little darker, and the metal flakes seem to reflect more "brown" than "blue/silver" ...

I want to find someone that can really match my silverstone color ... maybe I'm just being ****.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:57 AM
Donald0730

Well, I guess I proved a point. The imperfections are only noticable for **** people like me. And yea, the color is a bit off. I swear it was perfect when I picked it up from the bodyshop. He did use the WV2 paint code from nissan. But I dunno, I guess the original paint is a bit faded or something. This is my first experience with bodykits so I guess I'm happy with the overall outcome. I do get tons of stares now which is neato.

I hope someone who had this bumper installed by a pro will come here and post a review.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:48 AM
Gruppe-S
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for the review! Any feedbacks are welcome because thats we all improve upon our service. Please send me some more pictures on the imperfections that you are referring to so I can forward them to the supplier for possible improvements. My email is tom@gruppe-s.com

Thanks,
Tom
Old 08-25-2005, 10:15 PM
JP_WRX

I also have a Silverstone and picked my car up today. Upon first seeing it I was stoked with the look I must say. Just loved it. Subtle yet aggressive. The bodyshop guy told me that it did not in fact fit in the OEM mounts exactly, that he had his guy drill new holes to line up exactly. How far off the holes that came with the bumper were? I don't know, can't say.

The side markers definitely do NOT line up exactly. But, I'm another **** one and I notice everything. I had them paint the markers Silverstone, really like them that way as it turns out now that I see what it looks like.

The paint match for me looked perfect, just hope I'm not like Donald0730 and notice in a couple of days that it's not perfect. I was just sitting at the car wash, staring at it under the lights. I l-o-v-e it. I'll post pics soon, don't have a camera but our AZ Z group is having a photoshoot this saturday with some hotties to boot so I'll post those up once I get them. Overall, I'm 95% satisfied w/ the bumper itself.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:46 AM
KenWH

You can modify poly!! There are products specifically made that will bond to the poly. I had a Street Scenes poly roll-pan put on my truck. I decided to have brake/turn signals "frenched" into it and have the pan molded to the truck. My body man who does a lot of custom work on body kits used some stuff in a tube to smooth it in and fill the little gaps. I Can't remember the name but it's made specifically for this kind of work but as I recall...it's kinda expensive stuff.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:10 AM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JP_WRX
The side markers definitely do NOT line up exactly. But, I'm another **** one and I notice everything. I had them paint the markers Silverstone, really like them that way as it turns out now that I see what it looks like.
Mine fit pretty well except for the side makers. They fit like crap
Old 08-26-2005, 08:26 PM
Jergens

Arghhhhh! I just spent all that money on the clearcorners.com headlights and sidemarkers and now my front bumper isn't going to hold the sidemarkers at all? CRAP. Is it too tight, or wobbling around/fall out problem fit? Anyone have any ideas how to seal up whatever the problem is? (Or have a pic of the actual fitment issue?)

~Josh
Old 08-26-2005, 08:42 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Just make sure to test fit everything before it's painted. Some sanding will be required in some areas but in other areas the hole is to big.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:53 PM
keeptrying

I was able to keep the stock diffuser by pulling the clips off the OEM bumper crimping them and placing them directly on the diffuser. Drilled some holes in the Aerosync and everything bolted up great. I love this bumper.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:54 PM
keeptrying

Old 08-28-2005, 08:37 PM
Redfoot

Looks great!!!! gotta get busy on mine.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:14 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Maybe you guys should post some picts of the 'problems' with the side corner reflectors first before getting all crazy..
... i think you guys should be pretty happy with a POLYURETHANE bumper than a 1 or 2 mm gap in a side reflector. that's just my opinion..

once you get your first lip scratch from a steep drive way, you're not gonna care anymore. trust me..
Old 08-29-2005, 11:00 AM
keeptrying

No one is getting crazy, just providing feedback to the manufacturer. There's nothing wrong with trying to improve a product. As stated, I'm happy with mine.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:58 PM
Donald0730

Wow, it looks pretty nice without the reflectors. Maybe I'll just take mine off now.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:21 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

looks like keeptrying got his reflectors to fit ? ?

keeptrying - what did you use to secure the mesh to the bumper?

And yes, silverstone is a VERY hard color to match. Hvaing WV2 is not enough - there are actually 3 shades Nissan offered of this, 0, +1 and -1. No one has yet been able to tell me what either of that means, but I presumed it is 0 (base), +1 (more silver) -1 (more grey). Suffice it to say I have all 3 colors on my car now, and none are a perfect match for OEM. I tend to be the only one to notice, but still, I notice.

That is why I am likely painting the whole nose this time and blending into the doors
Old 08-29-2005, 04:53 PM
JP_WRX

Keeptrying, damn I'm jealous. Looks like we almost have the same exact taste but you just have more $$

Anyways, here are some pretty low quality shots of my car with the bumper. I did not take the photos. I bought a mesh grille from summit racing and cut it to fit. Sidemarkers are painted body color. Overall, I'm 95% happy with this bumper. See my post above for a more detailed review. I HAVE however gotten many compliments on it so far. Thanks, Tom!

Old 08-29-2005, 05:34 PM
risin

To be a little picky it looks like the middle bar in the air dam droops upward. The gap between the top bumper and hood is bigger on drivers side, usually pictures hide imperfections but a couple pictures from different cars seem to show the uneven gap. The passenger side reflector area doesn't look even, the top portion appears more narrow compared to the drivers side reflector area. I didn't notice the imperfections eariler and i still say it looks pretty good but not as perfect as it could be.
Attached Thumbnails Aerosync N-Style POLYURETHANE front bumper-cimg1502.jpg  
Old 08-29-2005, 07:55 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
keeptrying - what did you use to secure the mesh to the bumper?
+1 I'd like to know too. I need a grill
Old 08-29-2005, 07:56 PM
keeptrying

Z1 Performance, small Hex Washer Head sheet metal screw w/ #10 washer. Lowes special price . I tapped small holes into the bumper first and then used a small socket to finger tighten them down.

JP_WRX, you have nothing to be jealous of considering your hood ornaments (both are 10's). I some how missed that option at the dealer.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:47 PM
BlackSpec02

^^ no kidding, where'd you pick those up JP? I'd like to get some of those, I hear they add a little weight to the passenger side, but more than make up for it in grins. lol.

Quick Reply: Aerosync N-Style POLYURETHANE front bumper