Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where is the best place to purchase white front marker lights?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 05:00 PM
DMONTE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Where is the best place to purchase white front marker lights?

The cheapest place so far that I have found will end up costing me $95 for the pair, does anyone know of a better deal on them?
Old 12-10-2002, 06:12 PM
DMONTE

Thank you VQracer I just placed my order for a set.
Old 12-11-2002, 09:31 AM
redz32/bluez33

Angry Fun is on the way! Installation! Front bumper removal?

Now that you've ordered your sidemarkers, have you researched just what is involved in their installation? First, the instructions are in Japanese, although they do have handy little pictures. Or you could get a shop manual, and glean this little nugget: (paraphrased)
To install passenger side sidemarker, remove the front bumper.
Yes, that is correct. REMOVE THE FRONT BUMPER. Oh sure, the driver's side is easy. Just take out the four screws and five fasteners, pull the fender well protector out, remove the screws from the old reflector, and put the new one in. Then reverse. About a ten minute job if you are real good with tools. I did it without pulling the whole protector out, just released the edge and reached up in there. Because the two fasteners that hold the bottom inside part of the protector aren't easy to unfasten, and impossible to refasten.
So here's how to do the other side WITHOUT removing the front bumper, if you think you can manage....

Now that that part is done, go to the other side and try to do the same. First off, you must remove the entire well protector. No way around that. But then you discover that the windshield wash reservoir is mounted in the space between the box girder and the bumper, and that it blocks access to the two screws that hold the reflector. Oh woe! Now, I'm just like Jeff Spicoli's dad-I've got an awesome set of tools dude, I can fix anything! So I grabbed about 17 screwdrivers-Offset angle, 90 degree ratchets, every length and head size imaginable, and went to town. BTW-I had jacked up the front end and had the wheel turned max over to give me a little working space, plus I had a clamp-on work light to help me. After about 40 minutes, I had sufficiently loosened the lower screw to use a driver shaft (a screwdriver from a motorcycle tool kit with the handle removed-not a lot to grab on to, but very low-profile) and spin the bottom screw out. Also, I recommend that you use compressed air to blow any loose dirt out of the fender well first if you don't want it falling in your eyes. So, I was 25% done with the second half of the job, and it had already been over an hour. Now comes the hard part. You have to reach in blind from the top of the well, and loosen the upper screw, either with a very flat 90 degree ratchet driver or similar, because the reservoir REALLY blocks this one, and try to get it out with something-Again, my handy driver shaft did the trick. But once you go to put the new one in, you'll find that it is almost impossible to get enough purchase to tighten the screw fully. I clamped a small visegrips onto my driver shaft for this part. I then took a small glob of silicone sealant and placed it on the screw JUST IN CASE I hadn't torqued it enough. Then I put it all back together, and that's when I found out just how tough those bottom inside fasteners are to reattach.
Total time-around 2:15. Total damage-A little skin scraped off of my inner forearms, plus a small indent in my forehead from a dropped screwdriver while under the car. (Already gone)

HMMM-Maybe removing the bumper would be easier after all...And then again, when you look at the number of screws and fasteners, and think about aligning those panels again perfectly, maybe not. Six one way, half a dozen the other? You decide.
All I can say is...YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!! LOL!
Old 12-11-2002, 10:59 AM
DMONTE

Unhappy

Holy mackerel that sounds like a lot of work. But thank you for the info, I have a shop manual on CD I'll give a look on how hard it is to remove the bumper.

D Monte
Old 12-11-2002, 11:43 AM
Yuichi

Talking We are getting them today:)

Thanks to all that have ordered already just wanted to let you know they are scheduled to arrive today. Those who have already ordered looks like we will be shipping all of them by the end of the week.

Here is a picture that we have added thanks to Westpak(Gus) and Victor. thanks guys!

Click Here to Order the JSPEC Clear Sidemarkers

We still have some avalible at 47.55!

Old 12-11-2002, 02:03 PM
vicmar90

Nice pics. Yuichi. I just want to make sure you're still offering to put the LED's on clear side markers sent to you. I would like to take them off this weekend but would only do so if you are still offering this service. I, of course, would post pics. as soon as I install them.

Thanks.
Victor