Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY Sidemarker led's and Crazy Me

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2002, 11:43 PM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DIY Sidemarker led's and Crazy Me

So I get home today knowing I have a few days to do whatever. I took a nap to prepare myself for my adventure. At 7 I went out and took my bumper off. I replaced some of my lights (blue driving and white brights. . . pics later). By 8 I was carrying my bumper around like a trophy. I took it in the house and placed it in front of a few things see what had Z potential (bed, table, TV, Christmas Tree, etc) I will take pics later. I ate some homemade Chili my visiting mom fixed for me while I was napping and then went to the store. When I get home I take the reflectors off and start the procedures Skidazzle provided for making your own. It worked great and by 12 it was done. I see the poor bumper sitting there and I am like, humm what can I do next. I go back out to the garage and get my Zaino out. I then proceed to zaino my bumper in the convenience of my home. At this time it is 2:30 and my house guests think I am CRAZY. Oh well thats what this car does to a person. I cant wait to show pics. Should I go get more body parts off the Z to Zaino. . . maybe I am crazy.
Old 12-24-2002, 09:10 AM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good to know it helped someone out!! did you get the leds from superbrightleds.com?

i am about to make 2 more sets for txstyle and myself. (using darkened amber sidemarkers for me and clears for marcus.)

m
Old 12-24-2002, 10:12 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by SKiDaZZLe
good to know it helped someone out!! did you get the leds from superbrightleds.com?

i am about to make 2 more sets for txstyle and myself. (using darkened amber sidemarkers for me and clears for marcus.)

m
sounds cool!

Yes I had actually already had them from superbrightleds.com for a while now. I used plumbing grommets that looks like:

--- ---
/__ __ \

Thanks for taking the guess work out of it. . . I know it saved me at least an hour. You are right, it was still a pain but fun. Every thing is reassembled now, minus the hyper white brights ( I decided against them)

Doug has ordered more side marker lights (8 pairs I think) for me to make for club members. For those of you wondering they are like $7 a side for replacements.

I need another nap. . . but work keeps calling. Call over the holiday sucks.
Old 12-24-2002, 10:30 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Sweet! Congrats on the new mod. Yeah, my boy Mike(Skidazzle) is "Da Man" when it comes it to hooking up the Z! I am quite comfident that when it's all said and done, he will have one of the nicest 350Z's in North America bar none!
Let me know when to swing thru Mike...
Old 12-25-2002, 07:21 PM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

TXSTYLE, what color of LED did you get for your clear side marker? I am planning to use the white led instead of orange, I think it will match up the headlights pretty close... is yours done yet? do you have pics?
Old 12-26-2002, 10:36 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by Apexi350z
TXSTYLE, what color of LED did you get for your clear side marker? I am planning to use the white led instead of orange, I think it will match up the headlights pretty close... is yours done yet? do you have pics?
Not as of yet. I too had initially thought of going with white led's, but changed my mind due to I did not want to have to many 'colors' going on. Meaning: xenon-headlamp, halogen-parklamp, amber-turn signal, and white-led's.
I think that amber lights behind the 'clear side-marker' will contrast nicely. We'll see...