Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELIOS H.I.D. PLUG&PLAY kits 5000k 6000k 7000k 9000k 12000k & D2R BULBS

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 12:47 PM
Xenon-Shop.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELIOS H.I.D. PLUG&PLAY kits 5000k 6000k 7000k 9000k 12000k & D2R BULBS

We wish to formally introduce ourselves. Xenon-Shop. We are a premier authorized dealer of HELIOS Replacement Performance Lighting for H.I.D. Our goal is to establish us with you as a viable new resource, building up a favorable business relationship. Please visit the Vendor section "Body Interior Exterior Lighting" to check our Thread, we will upload all the pictures and information.

Best Regards,

Last edited by Xenon-Shop.; 10-25-2005 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:56 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome!

I'm sure you know but most Z's come with H.I.D.'s from the factory.

Most people hear who are interested in H.I.D.'s are those who want different temperature bulbs for their existing system for a different colored light output.

Just a heads up.

Victor
Old 10-25-2005, 02:33 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have stock HID's for the low beams - are these things able to replace the stock hi-beams/passing lights?

Most Z's come stock with the HID's but use conventional high-beam lights. Often people will change these out for higher wattage and different color temp bulbs. It would be really nice if these would work in the high-beam spot.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:37 PM
TiPIACE

yeah you could use any hid kit paul, as long as its a H1 kit. For highbeams id go 4300K, you want the highest output for highbeams, not pretty colors
Old 10-25-2005, 03:55 PM
atar350

How about some pics, I was thinking about going to 6000K bulb....

I have eagle eye 7000K's, I get compliments all the time, and I know they arent as bright as the lower K ratings, but as far as distance and width, the lights are just as good as any other car I drive next too, only difference is the color on the ground...
Old 10-25-2005, 07:04 PM
Xenon-Shop.

hi there, people i know that most of the Z comes with hids, thats why we offer D2R bulbs replacement in 6000k, 7000k, 9000k, 12000k, we have a couple of pics and info on the vendor section, you can check!!.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:05 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey welcome to the site.....I'm the orange Z also on the Altimas site ( aka Skar718 )
Old 10-26-2005, 08:02 AM
Xenon-Shop.

hi there ed, thanks a lot, i hope to everyone can see the group deal on the vendor section.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:02 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Xenon-Shop.
hi there, people i know that most of the Z comes with hids, thats why we offer D2R bulbs replacement in 6000k, 7000k, 9000k, 12000k, we have a couple of pics and info on the vendor section, you can check!!.

Who manufactures your capsules? the only reputable manufacturers of xenon capsules are philips/hella and sylvania/osram. Even going to a 6000K ultinon that phillips produces is a 20% reduction in light output vs OEM. As you go higher, the light ouput drops at an almost exponential rate. Add to that, that these higher kelvin capsules are manufactured with questionable quality in materials, it doesn't seem a wise investment.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:17 PM
Xenon-Shop.

hi there, you touch a good factor, philips in Germany went to EPL-HELIOS factory to find out if our company was interested to make 400,000 ballast by month for them, so you can take an idea our quality, also all the parts on philips and hella are not made by them.
Here is our project car, he use 9000k.(350z supercharger)

if you have any question about our product, you can see the this threads.

Nissanclub.net forum:
http://www.nissanclub.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=202050

Maxima.org
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=403059

Mazda forum
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119525
Old 10-26-2005, 06:12 PM
Zivman

hi there, you touch a good factor, philips in Germany went to EPL-HELIOS factory to find out if our company was interested to make 400,000 ballast by month for them, so you can take an idea our quality, also all the parts on philips and hella are not made by them.
Here is our project car, he use 9000k.(350z supercharger)

if you have any question about our product, you can see the this threads.

Nissanclub.net forum:
http://www.nissanclub.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=202050

Maxima.org
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=403059

Mazda forum
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119525
Thanks for your response, however.

Ballasts do not = capsules. Capsules are the most important part of an HID setup. Even though philips aren't necessarily made by them, they still have their name stamped on them, and have certain build specs they must meet unlike the bulbs you sell. That said, you won't see any phillips capsules beyond a 6000K ultinon. I'll let you explain why I can buy a 9000K capsule from you, but not a phillips brand one?

I read through your thread on MSPROTEGE.com. I go there now and again as a good friend of mine has a msp. The pics of your high kelvin capsules are a joke. Can you actually drive with lights like that at night. Talk about no visibility, eyestrain, and the potential scatter with even a hint of rain, mist, fog, etc.

If anything, that is reason enough not to buy them.

here's a link for you. Read through this and explain to me ONE valid reason beyond "color is cool" to buy anything other than oem kelvin rating.

LINK FOR YOU

if you get real ambiitous, head on over to HIDPLANET forums and research high kelvin setups

I am also curious about your warranty on say, a 10000K set of capsules?

Last edited by Zivman; 10-26-2005 at 06:24 PM.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:21 PM
Xenon-Shop.

zivman i think thats your personal comment, we have what we have cause costumers some times want 5000k, sometimes want other, we have more than 6 years on the hid market so of course we know what we have and sells. First i never said "color is cool" in that way, if you dont feel fine to have me here on this forum just say it, a lot of person will think like you and some others will not, but i think is a little rude from you part all this comments.

If you have our product installed with 7000k, 9000k, bulbs i think you can talk and you will see that you can drive without any problem, anyway i have sold more than 1000 kits on the forums and they are happy with the product, never said anything about problems on the rain, night, etc, maybe the cheap products has problems but ours doesnt.

about capsules well we know all the spec to follow, thats why philips went to us to make the ballast, most of the ultiton is made in Japan from other companies, not philips, philips just put the brand on it, simple like that, we met a lot of person from philips and have a very close business relation with them, also remember ultiton is just for the japan market, not US. Also if you can see just in US is ilegal the hids.

Anyway feel free to post your comment but please let other people think and do what they want.

Last edited by Xenon-Shop.; 10-26-2005 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:03 AM
TiPIACE

theres nothing wrong with going beyond 6000K, just buyers need to know it becomes more about the look than safety. Fit D2R bulbs over D2S and you lose even more output

im at 6000K ultinons atm, and still think they are too dim

re the ballasts vs capsules, the more important of the two is def the capsules (globes). Ive used no-name ballasts and now have the new slimline Philips ballasts, they both work the same

Last edited by TiPIACE; 10-27-2005 at 03:07 AM.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:07 AM
Zivman

zivman i think thats your personal comment, we have what we have cause costumers some times want 5000k, sometimes want other, we have more than 6 years on the hid market so of course we know what we have and sells. First i never said "color is cool" in that way, if you dont feel fine to have me here on this forum just say it, a lot of person will think like you and some others will not, but i think is a little rude from you part all this comments.

If you have our product installed with 7000k, 9000k, bulbs i think you can talk and you will see that you can drive without any problem, anyway i have sold more than 1000 kits on the forums and they are happy with the product, never said anything about problems on the rain, night, etc, maybe the cheap products has problems but ours doesnt.

about capsules well we know all the spec to follow, thats why philips went to us to make the ballast, most of the ultiton is made in Japan from other companies, not philips, philips just put the brand on it, simple like that, we met a lot of person from philips and have a very close business relation with them, also remember ultiton is just for the japan market, not US. Also if you can see just in US is ilegal the hids.

Anyway feel free to post your comment but please let other people think and do what they want.
1.) you never said where your capsules are made - you did make a comment about ballasts, but not capsules. That leads to another of my questions:
2.) what type of warranty to you give on a 12000K capsule?
3)phillips 6000K ultinon are illegal in the US as is anything other than oem kelvin rating. So every 6000k-12000K capsule you sell is illegal
4.) My comment about "color is cool" - I want you to tell me one added benefit of going with a higher kelvin capsule. One thing such as:
- longer bulb life
- more light on the road
- better visibility
- less eyestrain
You cannont because there is no benefit to going high kelvin beyond the subjective; color being cool.
5.) This is not being rude. This is giving people more information so that can think and make an informed decision. Nowhere do you indicate warranty info, actual light output of your capsules, where they are manufactured, even the fact that anything beyond 4300K oem rating is illegal, which you are selling.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:53 AM
Zivman

Just so you don't think I am completely after you, I have found the following:
Helios does seem to have a decent rep for aftermarket kits. that said, I have found info that not all your customers are happy the product. A simple search on HID planet forums "helios" will be sufficient if you require specifics.

Also, I see in the vendor section, that you do offer a lifetime warranty, which IMO is a good thing because more than likely, from my experience, you will need that warranty......sooner than later. With the higher kelvin ratings you offer, even with the same as oem quality, the capsules will die prematurely. That said, I have also come across info that states your capsules are made in Taiwan. Since you have yet to say where they are made, I can only speculate if this is true or not. Either way, I would suspect it is and as a result, your capsules would be manufactured with less than oem quality materials; ie, salts, and glass. Leading to an even shorter life span.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:02 PM
Phatmitzu

Originally Posted by Zivman
...anything beyond 4300K oem rating is illegal, which you are selling.
80% of the mods we put on our cars are most likely not going to be street legal(Illegal). Go to the vendors classified section and tell me that isnt so.
So please give this vendor a break about this illegal crap.

Old 10-27-2005, 12:08 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by Phatmitzu
80% of the mods we put on our cars are most likely not going to be street legal(Illegal). Go to the vendors classified section and tell me that isnt so.
So please give this vendor a break about this illegal crap.

Being illegal is the least of my concern in regards to high kelvin xenon capsules. The fact that they die prematurely, put less light on the road, scatter easily in rain, snow, mist, etc, cause additional eyestrain are more of what I am trying to make a point about.

That said, if you come trolling down the road, with purple light beaming from your headlights, you could easily be pulled over for it.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:20 PM
Phatmitzu

Originally Posted by Zivman
Being illegal is the least of my concern in regards to high kelvin xenon capsules. The fact that they die prematurely, put less light on the road, scatter easily in rain, snow, mist, etc, cause additional eyestrain are more of what I am trying to make a point about.

That said, if you come trolling down the road, with purple light beaming from your headlights, you could easily be pulled over for it.
Point taken. Which can be real true if you drive it here in Los Angeles(colored headlights).

However, I am currently using the 6000k HIDs. It is much whiter and just a tinny tad of blue tint comparing to the factory 4300k. I haven’t notice any lose of version at night nor in the rain. Anything beyond 6000k is going to be more show than visibility IMO.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:50 PM
Xenon-Shop.

thanks guys for your comments and its weird to hear the HELIOS has bad reputation, 270 kit sold on the ORG without any problem, the same in altima forum, msprotege etc....anyway everyone can post so comments here.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:49 AM
PeteNJ

thanks guys for your comments and its weird to hear the HELIOS has bad reputation, 270 kit sold on the ORG without any problem, the same in altima forum, msprotege etc....anyway everyone can post so comments here.
Selling HID retrofit kits in the United States is ILLEGAL. This is due to people sticking HID bulbs in halogen housings. Resulting in a lot of glare to other drivers.

To me anything above 4300K is really silly. 12000K bulbs?! cmon man I can get better lighting out of my freaking flashlight.

Quick Reply: HELIOS H.I.D. PLUG&PLAY kits 5000k 6000k 7000k 9000k 12000k & D2R BULBS