Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gauge faces

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 05:04 AM
atom777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gauge faces

k.. im tryin g 2 redo all of my gauges so they shine either LED white or blue at night (even the middle set ) but i cant find any anywhere.. is it the gauge faces that do that or iz there and amber bulb back there that i could change out?????
Old 10-27-2005, 05:20 AM
Swiffer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good luck!! I remember seeing someone who swapped out the bulbs to get a red display. You'll have to dig around a little to find it. Check in the Interior/lighting section. I do remember that it took quite a bit of work to do it properly.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:13 AM
arejohn

is this what you are looking for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissa...spagenameZWDVW
Old 10-27-2005, 09:50 AM
atom777

nope.. i want them 2 glow white or blue.. those r still amber..thankz though
Old 10-27-2005, 09:54 AM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have to ask about it, you can't do it, believe me. Z is no Maxima. There are no bulbs or simple LEDs you can pluck out and replace. It has LEDs soldered onto the board behind the guages. You will have to take them apart, break off every single LED (there are too many), solder new ones in place, and do all of that without frying your board, which btw, will cost $700 at the dealer. The job will take many, many hours, IF you're up for it, which doesn't seem you are.

How's that?
Old 10-27-2005, 09:56 AM
djnc

i totally wanted to do the same thing with blue LEDs in my ride...i checked around and it's a herculian task...i gave up
Old 10-27-2005, 09:59 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by camaro194
good luck!! I remember seeing someone who swapped out the bulbs to get a red display. You'll have to dig around a little to find it. Check in the Interior/lighting section. I do remember that it took quite a bit of work to do it properly.
Looks up posts by Acree.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:00 AM
atom777

how bout ure an *** usmanasif.. howz that
Old 10-27-2005, 10:04 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by atom777
That comment is very necessary. Please refrain from personal attacks.

TOU#10
https://my350z.com/forum/faq.php?faq...q_terms_of_use
Old 10-27-2005, 10:20 AM
usmanasif

You might want to stay away from these boards, or any boards until you turn 11, or grow up; whichever comes first.

I should have just posted: "Oh yeah dude, totally doable. Very, very easy. Rip into it and let those LEDs fly. Role tide!". Then after you ruined your board, your ego, and your confidence in your (non-existant) abilities, I should have walked to a cavern and let out a demonic laugh. But....I am too nice for all that. Gotta help whomever I can, even rude 10-year olds. Good luck, bud.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:02 PM
Acree

Atom, you're comment was definately uncalled for. I'm not trying to be a parent or anything but usmanasif was just trying to explain to you what all is involved with what you are asking to do. And he hit the nail on the head. I converted the interior over to red by replacing every single LED in the car, and trust me, it's a PITA, and alot more difficult than you would think. I am currently working a interior conversion over to blue AND white. It won't be finished for another month or so, as i am currently still working with a company to get the correct gauge faces made. Once it is all done, I will definately post up here. In the mean time, here is my original thread for the interior conversion. Maybe it will provide some insight for you.

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/112613-finally-done-12-5-hours-later.html

On a side note, people are GENERALLY nice on these forums. It will go a long ways if you do the same. Feel free to ask any questions man. I know alot about the boards inside this car. Maybe i can help you. Cheers.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:18 PM
blktrack

ATOM, I can’t let you stand alone here. His comment may have been a little harsh but I can understand where he is coming from. There was No need for the "if you have to ask you can’t do it"/ "HOWS THAT" attitude. I know I've posted things on here and have received a lot of BS about a repost etc. The way i see it for my situation if i reposted something let the people who didn’t see it the first time comment on it. As far as this post, usmanasif had a lot of good info but didn’t have to include the attitude.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:44 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by blktrack
ATOM, I can’t let you stand alone here. His comment may have been a little harsh but I can understand where he is coming from. There was No need for the "if you have to ask you can’t do it"/ "HOWS THAT" attitude. I know I've posted things on here and have received a lot of BS about a repost etc. The way i see it for my situation if i reposted something let the people who didn’t see it the first time comment on it. As far as this post, usmanasif had a lot of good info but didn’t have to include the attitude.
+1
Old 10-28-2005, 03:12 AM
taurran

+2. usmanasif come back when you at least own a Z. Until then, your opinion means squat anyway.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:52 AM
ghost11

+3
Old 10-28-2005, 08:43 AM
djnc

^ +4
Old 10-28-2005, 10:35 AM
atom777

thankz guyz.. people like him are the reason i dont come 2 forums like this.. just cuz he just happened 2 show up on the forum when the other guy said something about what i wuz tryin 2 do 2 my car all of a sudden hez better than everyone and my skills are non existant.. im not gonna pretend that i know everything about cars.. i know a little about a little which is why i asked first.. so i didnt dig apart my car and end up ruining something.. just becuz he plagiarised acree hez better than everyone now.. that wuz the reason he wuz called an ***.. i came here lookin for a bit of knowledge and all i get iz attitude
Old 10-28-2005, 10:35 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

English please?
Old 10-28-2005, 10:43 AM
Acree

ok, atom. opinions and @$$holes aside from everyone, what exactly do you want or need to know? i am more than willing to give you any information i can to help you do what you want. start off by reading my posts in the thread that i put up. that will give you somewhat of an understanding of how involved this process is. i'm not here to be a jackass to you, or be rude. just trying to help.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:57 AM
atom777

well u guyz gave me the infortmation i needed...i wuz just wondering how changing the lighting in the gauges wuz done on the Z..it iz more involved than i know how 2 do so i guess i just have 2 live with it..i do appreciate the information

Quick Reply: gauge faces