Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Veilside Hood Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 01:50 PM
sundevil67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sigh - I sure hope it does. If the new hood shows up and my body shop tells me that it won't close right, or it is messed up like the other one, I am going to flip out. By the time this is all said and done, I think it will have taken a whole year since I first ordered.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:10 PM
xedes

I feel your pain. I ordered the veilside ver.1 wing around the same time you ordered you hood. My wing also got stuck in customs for a few months. It arrived slightly damaged. However, my bodyshop was able to repair it. But the V.S badges were never sent with the spoiler. I.ve been trying to get just the badge since early september.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:07 AM
sundevil67

If I don't get a call this week I am going to demand my money back and cancel the whole thing - keeping the stock hood and just forgetting it.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:11 AM
sundevil67

I have an update. I called Veilside USA and they told me that not only had the promised shipment not shown up, but that they could not get any paperwork and that Veilside Japan was screwing them around. They said that there was little chance they could get it at all now, basically proving that all of the things they told me previously were lies. I spoke to the same guy again, who tried to convince me that I had been dealing with someone else in the past and that he was the one that needed to call me back. I guess he thought I was pretty stupid and don't keep records. Anyway, he again asked me to damage the hood even more (he suggested a sledge hammer) and then take photos to prove that I wasn't giving it to a friend or putting it back on the market somehow. Because this sounded a whole lot like insurance fraud (I assume they want this to make a claim with the freight company's insurance provider and that this other story was just another lie) I told him I wanted no part of it, and that they need to pick up the hood immediately. I emailed the guy I bought it from (350zmotorsports.com - who by the way still has these advertised as available on his Website) and requested an immediate refund. I sure hope he doesn't expect me to wait until the hood is picked up since I doubt they will ever set it up and get it done. What a debacle. This is definitely the last time I will order something from Veilside.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:33 PM
sundevil67

Anyone have any ideas? I have just heard the latest, and they are telling me that they won't give me a refund until I destroy the hood to prove to them that I am not going to resell it. They don't want to pay to have it picked up. I don't know what to do at this point, because I really don't have an arsenal of sledgehammers and chainsaws in my garage. Has anyone ever heard of such a ridiculous situation?
Old 01-05-2006, 02:41 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just run over it. hehehe
Old 01-05-2006, 02:56 PM
sundevil67

Default Hood

Yeah, I'd do that and end up damaging my car with my luck. It would scratch up or dent something. I can't believe this crap. I can't get over the fact that this company sent me a useless defective product and is now expecting me to destroy it. I am going to start filing complaints with every consumer organization that will listen. This is ridiculous.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:01 PM
arejohn

If I understand correctly. You have been offered a refund. Refunding company does not want hood returned. To prevent you from selling product after refund you have been instructed to destroy it. IF this is correct, get it in writing and have a hood bashing party.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:21 PM
sundevil67

Yes, that was my thought exactly. I requested that in writing, but when I did, they decided to actually go ahead and pick it up. They (Veilside) had someone over at another local shop, an authorized Veilside dealer, Intense Motorsports (class act by the way) pick it up at my home. They came and got it, and I am waiting for the refund to finally be processed. Hopefully it will be soon so I can put this whole ugly mess behind me.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:41 PM
taurran

PM'd you.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:27 AM
Vick781

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

PM'd you.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:39 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

so what is the status of this ?
Old 01-23-2006, 07:04 PM
sundevil67

Default Veilside Hood Debacle

The status as of today is that Veilside was good enough to send one of their distributors (Intense Motorsports) by to pick up the hood, so the whole thing about my having to damage it is overwith. Something still seems a little shady about that whole thing, since as soon as I asked for their intentions in writing they immediately gave up on having me damage it and scheduled the pickup. Either way, that part is overwith. I am told that Veilside issued a credit to my vendor (350zmotorsports.com/WOTM) on 1/12, and my last email asking for the status was early last week. The response I got was something like "I'll check on that first thing tomorrow and get back to you", which is usually the kind of response I get. Then, also as usual, a week goes by and I hear nothing.

The plot thickens... I sent another email to WOTM tonight, referring back to an old email that I dug up that showed that we had agreed on a price of $834 after I found a competing advertisement (ironically enough that was from Intense). I asked why if we agreed on $834 I was charged $891.97. Another thing I forgot to mention that I would like some opinions on. I was told that the credit I will be receiving will have 3% deducted for a credit card transaction fee. He claims that he will not be refunded the cost incurred by using a credit card, so I wouldn't get that back. That is almost $30, and I have never returned something and had a company tell me that I would have to pay for the transaction fee. I don't know why it should cost me any money , especially after such a huge inconvenience, to return a defective product. It is not like I kept it for 40 days and then suddenly changed my mind. I don't know what to do about this. I know that if it was my company I would make up the difference just as a courtesy to try and do the right thing for the customer, but previous actions have proven that this is not important to this company. I guess now I am just going to have to figure out what the number is that I am going to accept to just end this whole mess, because I can see very clearly that I am not going to get a 100% refund like I deserve. Part of me wants to sue for all of the costs I have incurred, from the cost of painting and mounting the hood (if you've followed this whole thread you will remember that I already paid to have this done and then the body shop went out of business while waiting for the hood to show up - I paid these fees based on repeated promises that it would arrive), renting a cargo van to transport it, etc.

UPDATE - RECEIVED RESPONSE
OK, so I got a response to my email while I was typing this. Now I am extremely pissed off. After all of my letters saying that I absolutely refuse to pay for the shipping charges, just as I suspected, he is now telling me that he is not refunding the shipping charges because "shipping is never refunded" and that my refund is going to be $755 out of $891.97 Apparently the difference between the agreed upon price and what I ended up being charged was sales tax. Fine. The final excuse is that he was only going to make $25 on the hood anyway and a not so subtle remark that it was all my fault because "it was never even picked up when Veilside sent the call tag for it to your old shop", which is still in dispute, because no one ever called me and the shop said no one ever called them. WOTM takes no responsibility for that at all, and I think any good company would have followed up on that after knowing that their customer was having so much trouble and was already waiting on something that was promised MONTHS prior. Now I am deciding whether I should turn around and send this check right back to him. I almost want to fight it just for the principle, maybe to teach companies like this about customer service - because they are clueless. I guarantee just this thread will cost this company more than it would to make up the difference and at least do SOMETHING to add some good faith here and pretend to care. What would y'all do?
Old 01-23-2006, 07:52 PM
alan00000

If this happened to me i'd personally fly to the place of purchase and well you can figure out the rest . They are doing this cause your miles and miles away . happined to me many times i lost so much money. This whole situation with you makes me want to NOT order anything at all for my car.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:11 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

shiet..too much hassle. You could just get Seibon VT from Intensepower and none of this would happen eh?
Old 01-23-2006, 09:45 PM
sundevil67

I have given up on the prospect of getting a new hood (my money would be better spent on performance accessories and a system) - but the "business" is only about 20 minutes away from me. It isn't a real business, just a guy who buys and sells parts. It is more like few people that know a few more people and go to car shows and races and sometimes move parts. I knew that and still did business with him, he would "forget" prices that were promised and did everything wrong from step one. The problem is that he truly doesn't know how to run a business and I haven't time to teach him. He will lose more money from lost business due to my posting this story on these and other forums than he would have if he made an attempt to make this right. The whole thing sucks, and it is too bad the credit card company won't dispute something so old. That would have been the best route.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:57 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

what? that was in Nov. Now only Jan. Barely 2 months.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:24 AM
sundevil67

Not sure I follow - what was in November?
Old 01-24-2006, 07:30 AM
Road Warrior

sorry to hear

i am currently in the market for a hood and was checking out the vielside...needless to say i won't be buying it

if you pay that much for a hood there should be no fitment issues or extra body work. with cf....i like the look and would rather not have to paint it. the hood itself looks nice painted after the body work is done but your situation really sucks man

hope it works out...lates
Old 01-24-2006, 08:34 AM
sundevil67

The more experience I get with these body kits and the more professionals I speak to, I am hearing that most of them require some refinishing and body work before they look good. Also many of them require periodic repairs as they tend to come loose over time. Apparently the Veilside products are the best examples of this, as I've heard many stories of their parts requiring a lot of extra work to make them look good. My situation was extreme of course, and the hood I got was seriously damaged during shipping. All I can say for sure is not to buy anything from 350zmotorsports.com no matter what you do. The hood was damaged during shipping, but I still am going to end up paying for that shipping. I am going to complain to anyone that will listen. This just isn't right.

Quick Reply: Veilside Hood Nightmare