Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Veilside Hood Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 08:39 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I can say for sure is not to buy anything from 350zmotorsports.com no matter what you do.
they have a long history of problem, customer service. Nothing new about it.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:51 AM
taurran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, I had a run-in with them. They f*n suck.

Then again, in this industry I can probably count the shops/manufacturers I trust on one hand.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:26 PM
sundevil67

I asked Veilside if they could divulge the amount that WOTM was credited so that I could see exactly how much I was being screwed out of, and this was the response:

Unfortunately I cannot provide the information regarding the credit amount to you, as the pricing is confidential. However you can contact MVP
Motorsports and speak to Jason to confirm that the credit was issued to
WOTM for the full amount that WOTM paid. If WOTM does not issue you a full
credit, I would suggest that you contact your credit card company and
notify them of the charge. I believe that WOTM is charging you 3% to cover
their credit card fees, which is against the credit card vendor rules.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:05 PM
sundevil67

Thumbs down Still Available!

Still showing the hood is available on his website as if he could actually get it:

Click here for link to the product page

<sarcasm>That's a quality business.</sarcasm>
Old 01-24-2006, 02:21 PM
Road Warrior

i have an Air Walker front bumper from bulletproof and the fitment was perfect. there were a few rough edges i hand sanded and that was it...ready to paint. the bumper was expensive but i was very happy with the quality. the body shop i had paint the bumper was even impressed with the quality. he said that with most kits they have to do a lot of prep before paint...which jacks up the price to paint. i guess you just have to go with a manufacturer known for good quality...otherwise its a lot of work to prep and get the fitment just right.

will take your advice....sorry to hear about it...that really sucks
Old 01-24-2006, 03:40 PM
sundevil67

Let me just clarify - while I was originally mistrustful of the request to damage the hood, after further explanation I do believe that there was nothing illegal being asked of me. Someone a bit more helpful at Veilside took over the case and arranged to have it picked up, and has been very helpful. I only wish I had been connected with him from the beginning. That's the thing - the vendor I purchased from should have handled all of this - including the original attempt to exchange the damaged hood. He (the guy from Veilside - not sure if he would want me to mention his name) also just told me that WOTM has been credited the freight - so now I am certain that he is totally full of sh**t. Anyway, while Veilside Japan really floundered on this one and didn't come through, at least someone at Veilside USA has made an attempt to repair the reputation. WOTM has been adversarial from the get-go, placing blame everywhere else except where it truly lies - with WOTM/350zmotorsports.com.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:38 AM
sundevil67

Default Veilside Hood Nightmare

So, the drama finally comes to a close. It appears that I made myself enough of a pain in the a$$ to convince WOTM to refund my purchase price in full, though I still really don't understand business owners like this. I am currently dealing with another mess with my audio installer. Why don't they understand that treating a customer right and taking responsibility for problems is essential to growing their business? That treating us like crap and ripping us off does nothing but cause them financial loss in the end. Oh well, at least I got my money back, even though it took a year from when I first ordered it. I am very happy to say that this mess is finally over. Thanks for listening to my rant and for all of your ideas.