Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Wiper Removal Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 06:44 PM
mahont

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Wiper Removal Help!!

Alright guys I finally decided to remove my rear wiper. Well i took it all off and got down to this part shown in the picture. I didn't wanna fool around with it and mess anything up so I took a picture to ask all of you how to remove this. Thanks!
-Tim
Attached Thumbnails Rear Wiper Removal Help!!-zwiper.jpg  
Old 11-15-2005, 06:50 PM
Daytona350Texas

Originally Posted by mahont
Alright guys I finally decided to remove my rear wiper. Well i took it all off and got down to this part shown in the picture. I didn't wanna fool around with it and mess anything up so I took a picture to ask all of you how to remove this. Thanks!
-Tim
Thats the end of the shaft that goes into the motor. Open your hatch and pull away the plastic cover to find the motor, take out the 3 10mm bolts and it will all slide out, dont forget to disconnect the harness that attached to it though. After that just get whatever it was you baught to seal it and your done...
Old 11-15-2005, 07:36 PM
mahont

Thanks...one more question. I know which part once i open the hatch that i need to remove to get to it, but can i just kinda yank that off carefully or is there more to it? Sorry for all the q's I'm just really cautious when taking parts on and off of the Z because I don't wanna be stupid and have to replace broken sh*t.

Last edited by mahont; 11-15-2005 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-15-2005, 07:39 PM
Daytona350Texas

Thanks...one more question. I know which part once i open the hatch that i need to remove to get to it, but can i just kinda yank that off carefully or is there more to it? Sorry for all the q's I'm just really cautious when taking parts on and off of the Z because I don't wanna be stupid and have to replace broken sh*t.
yeah you can pull it off gently or somewhat aggressively doesnt matter, there are plastic rivits, so worst thing could happen is they break and my dealership has spares to give, so i think yours would to if you break them. Pulling it off is the easy part and putting it back on is like fitting a puzzle piece back in, they pop in 1 at a time perfectly with a little pressure. But no screws or anything all rivits. Have fun!!!
Old 11-15-2005, 07:40 PM
cessna

There was a post containing the ''Anwser'' to your question less than one month ago....
I`ll try to find the link for ya
Old 11-15-2005, 07:42 PM
Daytona350Texas

Originally Posted by cessna
There was a post containing the ''Anwser'' to your question less than one month ago....
I`ll try to find the link for ya
It was a post I was trying to help someone, gave them this link all you have to do is take the *'s out

http://www.**35*0z*-te*ch.com/zwiki/..._Wiper_Removal
Old 11-15-2005, 07:55 PM
mahont

Thanks dudes ... what would you recommend I use to seal it and paint the silver metal piece I got to cover it?
Old 11-15-2005, 08:03 PM
Daytona350Texas

Thanks dudes ... what would you recommend I use to seal it and paint the silver metal piece I got to cover it?
I used a sink hole cover from home depot, cost 2.99? didnt look anything like what was in the 350-tech pic but worked, kept the original rubber stopper and let that seal it. Worked perfectly and doesnt leak for me. If you dont trust the rubber seal, then just get some sealent of some kind (not sure what works best)

Just look for "sink hole cover" in bathroom isle at home depot youll find one somewhere trust me

holy crap i totally misread your post and umm ya ignore everything i said.

EDIT::::Process to paint it is on the website. Sand it down, paint it, sand it down, paint it, sand it down, paint it, clear coat