Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recaro Pole Position Install what a PIA

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 07:50 AM
BeyJer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recaro Pole Position Install what a PIA

so i have a Recaro Pole Position lying around from my previous car and decided to install it in the Z.

i asked around and searched online to find almost no information linking the Z to a pole position (no info online that is). decided to purchase some Nagisa (sp?) low single locking rails to avoid having to sit too high. went to install and what do you know, damn pole position is to wide and rails are about 1/2 an inch off the holes after filing down and test fitting, filing down and test fitting, and MORE filing down and test fitting, i give up on the Nagisa's.

searching online, i find a site of a seat bracket maker called Wedge Engineering. order up a bracket and install my chair, perfect fit on the floor but a new problem, feel like i'm driving a monster truck (sitting way too high). even more frustrating because my seating position is thrown off and i can't shift for **** now.

racking my brain of how to get the seat lower, decided to drill lower holes in the bracket to bring it down. also had a thinner front seat pad made to bring the sitting position down as well. results? perfect sitting position.

i guess the point is, if you're going with a wide seat (such as pole position), no Bride/Nagisa will work. gotta go with some type of floor mount with Recaro side mounts and Recaro sliders.

hope this helps people in the future.

Thanks for reading guys!

Last edited by BeyJer; 12-18-2005 at 08:59 AM. Reason: specify
Old 12-19-2005, 04:48 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

the answer is: fully custom rails and sliders for you.

i tried using the stock Sparco sliders and seat bracket for my evo2s.. i was sitting freaking like an inch off the ceiling. no good...

i had TechnoSquare custom weld brackets ... now i sit lower than stock and it's perfect with a helmet in the car

if u need an idea of sliders build up... . check out this pict of the seat brackets they made for a Z race car..