Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hood Damper: Pros & Cons?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 12:09 PM
sluggoZ

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

ZPirate...let us know how the install went. I might be interested too!
Old 10-02-2006, 01:00 PM
ZPirate

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sluggoZ
ZPirate...let us know how the install went. I might be interested too!
I'll post my opinion about the kit and the install after I get it in the car. I should get the kit by Thursday. I hope to do the install this weekend.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:10 PM
ZPirate

Got the kit today from Courtesy Nissan. It is very well made. All I had time to do tonight is to install the lower mounting brackets. You have to trim the plastic over the bolt first. I used my Dremel tool and tried to make it as neat as possible. I also took the pieces off first to make them easier to work with. There are pictures and instructions on Courtesy's website. Anyone who is interested might want to check it out. Here is the link to the instructions: http://www.courtesyparts.com/instruct/314-001_1.html

I will mount the hood brackets and the dampers tomorrow night. That shouldn't take long. I'll let you know how it works then.

Last edited by ZPirate; 10-05-2006 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:46 AM
ZPirate

I finally got around to completing the install today. The hood dampers look very nice and work even better. Overall it is a great mod. I can't be happier with the fit and finish.

If you want to see pictures go to Courtesy Nissan's site above and look at the instructions. I will try to post some pictures of my car later.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:27 AM
sluggoZ

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ZPirate
I finally got around to completing the install today. The hood dampers look very nice and work even better. Overall it is a great mod. I can't be happier with the fit and finish.

If you want to see pictures go to Courtesy Nissan's site above and look at the instructions. I will try to post some pictures of my car later.
Thanks! I'd like to see some real close-up pics.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:33 PM
ZPirate

Originally Posted by sluggoZ
Thanks! I'd like to see some real close-up pics.
SluggoZ,

Send me an email or PM me your email address and I will email you some pictures tomorrow. I just took a few.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:16 AM
frankmusic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool NRG Hood Dampers!

http://www.nrginnovations.com/

They're very affordable, they install in minutes (not days), with NO Drilling into your fenders, NO melting covers with hair dryers and NO carving large slots into fluid covers to accommodate the new dampers. They won't rust from the elements: NRG Hood Dampers are equipped with Stainless Steel ball joints and connectors. They have 2 types available for purchase, one for lightweight hoods, and another for the standard OEM hood. You just have to specify what your requirements are when you order. They are also available with Chrome casings, Silver or Carbon Fiber.

It's just a direct bolt-on MOD that will function perfectly time after time.

They are available with Chrome casings, Silver or Carbon Fiber.
Attached Thumbnails Hood Damper: Pros & Cons?-nrg02.jpg   Hood Damper: Pros & Cons?-nrg03.jpg   Hood Damper: Pros & Cons?-nrg06.jpg