Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vertex Half Kit Quality Replica

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 12:49 PM
nissansource

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The companies if they where smart would get pat pend for 3 years on the kits they make so if anyone copied they can use the court systems. and they can afford it for the money they are charging
Old 03-10-2006, 12:53 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nissansource
The companies if they where smart would get pat pend for 3 years on the kits they make so if anyone copied they can use the court systems. and they can afford it for the money they are charging
So are you saying it is okay to steal because there is a loophole? Kind of like it is okay to steal stuff if no one sees/catches you. These are the types of companies that help our beloved companies in Japan go bankrupt.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, just asking a valid question.

Last edited by Rickdogg; 03-10-2006 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:59 PM
nissansource

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
So are you saying it is okay to steal because there is a loophole? Kind of like it is okay to steal stuff if no one sees/catches you.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, just asking a valid question.

ahh rick no no im just saying that maybe if they where in the business and had a product that they wouldnt want people copying me personally would get the pat pending docs with pics sent into the pat office. I personally do not condone stealing. but if something can be had cheaper/better/great quality ill probably run it if i like it.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:04 PM
B-Unit

Rick does have a valid point. because without the Japanese companies doing the R & D these kits wouldnt be on the market in the first place. The pricing from the JDM companies is attrocious tho imo and they way they do business with the US is a complete joke. If they were smart, american companies would start opening plants in the states so we could attain authentics for cheaper cuz they wouldnt have to deal with import taxes etc that somewhat force the jap companies to charge an arm and a leg for their product.

Im on the fence tho, i do like authentic kits and i do appreciate the TLC that goes into their creation but if a replica is being made that almost measures up in quality and is half or even less than half as expensive i am a savy consumer.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by B-Unit
Rick does have a valid point. because without the Japanese companies doing the R & D these kits wouldnt be on the market in the first place. The pricing from the JDM companies is attrocious tho imo and they way they do business with the US is a complete joke. If they were smart, american companies would start opening plants in the states so we could attain authentics for cheaper cuz they wouldnt have to deal with import taxes etc that somewhat force the jap companies to charge an arm and a leg for their product.

Im on the fence tho, i do like authentic kits and i do appreciate the TLC that goes into their creation but if a replica is being made that almost measures up in quality and is half or even less than half as expensive i am a savy consumer.
Exactly! That is all I am saying. I know from a consumer stand point based on sheer price alone people will tend to side with the replicas, however i'm looking at it from an ethical perspective.

There is a lot of time and money that goes in to R & D and the biggest being advertising. I've seen bills these companies pay to advertise and you would be shocked at how much they spend to keep their name out there. When you look at these costs and then turn around and look at what they charge for the kits they produce, it makes financial sense. After all, they do need to make money to pay for this stuff and make some sort of a profit or why even have a business?

As car enthusiasts, we should know better and support the companies that bring us innovative products and support the companies that are going to make a difference in performance sooner than any replica company will ever do since all they specialize in is copying and not innovating. It's like biting the hand that feeds you.

I do agree that the companies in Japan do need to evolve a bit as their business model is suited for Japan, however it does not mix with the US market and abroad very well since it is obviously a totally different ball game. I have seen more companies opening up US operations, which may be a step forward for import car enthusiasts.

Last edited by Rickdogg; 03-10-2006 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:23 PM
B-Unit

good words. Unfortunately half the people who buy the z can barely afford the car, so when they try financially to swing a kit, theyre opting for the cheaper alternative :\
Old 03-10-2006, 03:28 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

If you are dl mp3s and haven't paid for them then you are breaking the law as well as robbing artists of their Ferrari's and multiple estates.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:43 PM
B-Unit

Originally Posted by charlie_rdstr_Z
If you are dl mp3s and haven't paid for them then you are breaking the law as well as robbing artists of their Ferrari's and multiple estates.

Easy there charlie lol Iono if that is the same as bodykits because there ARE no alternatives and you ARE NOT paying for the music. Different discussion tho.

PS: i do steal music lawl, but only cuz im a h4xor!
Old 03-16-2006, 12:52 PM
krazydave2000

i agree 100 percent with u rickdogg. companies who are making copies of jdm kits are nothing but low-life thieves. i see no difference between a shop lifter and these ebay kit producers. it like video games. sure the cd/cover art only cost couple bucks to make but games sell for 50 bucks when they are released. people dont think of development cost. GT4 on ps2 budget went well over 40 million US dollars. it all same kaka. its unfortunate cause the Z is such a beautiful car. tear drops my eye when i see one with a ebay kit oh yeah and if u are gonna say we all dont have the money then u shoudlve picked up an eg hatch and throw some supa dupa kool rotas and ebay kit. dont forget the 50 dollar muffler and your set.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:55 PM
nissansource

Time to start an orginization called
BCA

Bodykit Copy Association
Old 03-16-2006, 01:03 PM
krazydave2000

dude did u go to SEMA last nov. a few vendors were very pised when SEMA officials made them take down products that were direct replicas of another company/. SEMA organization is fighting this and it was evident at the show. they handed out warnings to those who got caught. JDM companies were all smiles. it was fun to watch
Old 03-16-2006, 01:32 PM
zzz350

This thread has been hijacked.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:43 PM
Amiricanmade

Very good info..thanks. Let me know if someone comes out wiht the Strosek kit! i will be all over that!