Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BASF Paint?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 05:51 PM
B-Unit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sick, does glasurit require a specific reducer mike?

-b-

and is the first bc for all colors that violet? Also what kind of primer did u use, would u recomend any primer specific for painting a body kit with this stuff?

-b-
Old 03-20-2006, 07:02 PM
boogiemyke

Originally Posted by B-Unit
sick, does glasurit require a specific reducer mike?

-b-

and is the first bc for all colors that violet? Also what kind of primer did u use, would u recomend any primer specific for painting a body kit with this stuff?

-b-
If you're using Glasurit, you should use thier reducer for sure. Which one is dependent on what the enviroment is like. I usually just use the 352-91 Normal reducer, as it's a good all-around reducer. They have "fast" and "slow" for different situations.

The pics above are just for the DB. The PPW is similar in that it is almost a yellow on the BC and then the mid-coat (MC) is what brings all the pearl/depth into the finish.

Here's a high-res pic of a dash I did (member on this board) where it was requested to add just a touch of red pearl to PPW. I think it came out pretty nicely. It's PPW, but in the right light, the red glimmers at you.

Right-click/Save-as (it's 2MB)

Primer...I use Glasurit as well. I use the 285-60 Universal primer/filler. It has great coverage and is great when wet or dry-sanding.

Here's a zip file with all the 2004 info (need to get updated CD... ). If you have any questions about mix ratios, MSDS or anything else regarding thier products...it's in this file. It's got a ton of info about everything you'd need to know about getting your car done right.

2004 Glasurit Technical manual
Old 03-20-2006, 10:09 PM
B-Unit

sweet appreciate it mike, im probably gonna start painting everything here in the next couple month so Ill definitely probably be hittin u up a lil bit and posting pics on the forums of how my work comes out with the glasurit.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:37 AM
boogiemyke

No problemo. I'd be glad to help anyway I can.

One thing...I just re-read what I wrote, and it sounded a little mis-leading. When I was referencing the "mixing ratios", I was just referring to the amount of clear/hardener/reducer or primer/hardener/reducer. I can give you the actual paint formulas if you want them though. Just let me know how much you're needing to mix-up and which color. This would only be for Glasurit though. I don't have the programs for PPG or any other manufacturer.