Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought an INGS spoiler replica from ebay.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 07:32 PM
bbhiznors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BhashaZ
Whoa...I just looked at the other auction he has up, and the spoiler doesn't fit like the original. The real one goes nearly all the way to the edges.

thats how mine fits....i didnt noe that until i had it on..
Old 04-25-2006, 02:42 AM
slackjaw

Originally Posted by bbhiznors
I bought this exact same spoiler..bad *** price but when i recieved it, it had a big *** chip in the corner of the spoiler no biggie though...still looked good ...well i took it to the body shop to have it put on they told me that they had serious problems tryin to get it to fit...and had to grind down the underbelly of it to get it to fit...it looks good before u put it on but it doesnt fallow the lines of the z exactly on the underside and w/ that spoiler its a must...well 700 dollars later (including painting the bumper and hatch to fit) im all set...wish i would have payed for the real deal now ...and its still not completly flush...
$700 - Ouch!
Old 04-25-2006, 07:57 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your bodyshop rippppppp you off for $700.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:48 AM
ShineAutoProject
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

Originally Posted by bbhiznors
I bought this exact same spoiler..bad *** price but when i recieved it, it had a big *** chip in the corner of the spoiler no biggie though...still looked good ...well i took it to the body shop to have it put on they told me that they had serious problems tryin to get it to fit...and had to grind down the underbelly of it to get it to fit...it looks good before u put it on but it doesnt fallow the lines of the z exactly on the underside and w/ that spoiler its a must...well 700 dollars later (including painting the bumper and hatch to fit) im all set...wish i would have payed for the real deal now ...and its still not completly flush...
Now you know why the spoiler is cheap
Old 04-25-2006, 11:13 AM
bbhiznors

well they broke the pricing down and it wasnt that bad...they did repaint the hatch and the bumper to match...but i was going there thinking i was going to pay around 300...when they said 700 i about lost it ...but they told me what they had to do to the spoiler...all i have to say is i learned my lesson..
Old 05-03-2006, 06:00 PM
voodoo

yo NEXX.... any update??
Old 07-12-2006, 06:33 PM
masterj26

any body outside of bbhiznors installed this on thier car????? or is there another company that makes a replica of the ings wing??? i want this wing but not at the authentic price
Old 07-12-2006, 09:11 PM
stepuckey

I bought this wing off of a member here about three weeks ago. I think it was Nexx...so anyone waiting for an update from him might be waiting a while. Anyway, I think in about another three or four weeks I'm gonna attempt to have it put on and will keep everyone posted on fitment and of course the final pics. Initially when I first laid the spoiler on the hatch just to see, it looked like pretty good initial fitment. I had to kind of play with the way it laid to get most of the seams to flow just right, but I don't think it's going to be bad at all putting it on. Obviously the only thing I noticed right off the bat is the sort of waviness and semi-uneven surface of the plastic/fiberglass. But I think a think layer of bondo and sanding over the top and it'll be flawless. Will post pics as soon as it's on.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:39 PM
masterj26

any updates stepuckey?
Old 08-23-2006, 12:53 PM
topsecret2001
Sponsor
Bulletproof Automotive

Originally Posted by rmesola
I totally agree with what you said, but that being said, I would not rule out a product simply based on it's price... if somebody bought it and it looked good/fitment decent... then it's not necessarily junk....

you hit it right on the nail.... it's all about perceived value.... actual costs of production on average is a small percentage... retail markup and marketing is where the money is...

problem with perceived value is people who have no idea about overseas economics actually think it costs 2000 dollars to make an authentic full body kit... even in Japan where labor costs are higher, it's nowhere near that number...

and these people who think the 2grand they spent is worth 2grand, cause the market to keep increasing their prices because guess what.... the buyer wants the most expensive one around so that nobody else can afford it... only to find out that somebody's making a copy for 500 a set...

When it comes to body kit, I agree with your statement, Japan's QC is better... but a spoiler is not that much work.. it's not too hard to do it right...
The typical R&D on an original kit is about $40,000+ in Japan. Once the mold is made, the kits are obviously cheaper to produce but that R&D needs to be be factored into the price. Of course anyone can make a poor quality counterfeits of these parts for less, they don't have that initial R&D cost and they're using cheaper material and labor. It is, however, unethical to steal a design that does not belong to you as well as unlawful in the Unites States.

You own a Japanese car....would you buy a Chinese car? Look at the automotive junk that China produces:

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...783784,00.html

If authentic bodykits are too pricey for you, why not buy used from Japan or remain stock? I have more respect for a cleanly done car with stock bumpers than a fakin' the funk bondo knock off car anyday.