Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Is this possible?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003 | 08:45 PM
Jill

Default Is this possible?

Does anyone know if this is possible...I have the DB Touring with Charcoal leather and would like to have blue leather/alcantara inserts put in the factory leather instead of getting completely new seats. Does anyone know if this is possible? Or how I could go about getting it done? Thanks,
-Jill
Old 01-28-2003 | 09:14 PM
Mr Fairlady

Sure why not,...get ahold of any Car upholstry place and they should do it,..I LOVE suade too,..nice touch--I can't stand leather its to slick amd too cold in the Winter and too hot in the summer
I know of a few places that do it but I'm in N.Carolina!

Suade is the ****!!!

Lemme know who much it cost ya if ya find it!
Old 01-29-2003 | 03:54 AM
j's350z

Default Jill,

I know 2 places in Central NJ that do nice leather. 1 is Rayco automotive in East Brunswick on RT 18 off Exit 9 and the other shop is Dynamic Productions which is about 10 mins from there also. Both shops are reputable shops. Rayco did my exhaust and Dynamic did my stereo. I don't know cost but contact me and I'll tell you who to talk to....
Old 01-29-2003 | 11:47 AM
JZC

Mr. Fairlady

I was thinking of doing frost inserts in my seats, what're some places what would do it?
Old 01-29-2003 | 11:57 AM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

hypothetic situation, you sit on a key and put a hole in the leather, what would you do? replace the whole seat? of course not, they would replace that panel of fabric, theres no reason why they couldnt replace that panel with whatever fabric or color you want.

just find a place in the phone book and go hang out and look at the work they send out the door.
Old 01-29-2003 | 03:17 PM
Omega350Z

Originally posted by ares
hypothetic situation, you sit on a key and put a hole in the leather, what would you do? replace the whole seat? of course not, they would replace that panel of fabric, theres no reason why they couldnt replace that panel with whatever fabric or color you want.

just find a place in the phone book and go hang out and look at the work they send out the door.
Yea, but hypothetically speaking if you punched a hole in your seat with a key and you have leather, then you have seat warmers from the factory, so you would damage the heater element in the seat and have to get the entire seat replaced since is pretty much the same cost as replacing the element and the leather you damaged and the labor charges involved.

But yea, any upholstery store can help you out, assuming you just want to replace the inserts.
Old 01-29-2003 | 06:03 PM
Mr Fairlady

I was thinking of doing frost inserts in my seats, what're some places what would do it?
lemme check--I had the guys card in my wallet but can't seem to find it--my friend got his whole INT done an headliner and it was awesome!

Its in Fayetteville,..where I'm from,.but live in Charlotte now.
Old 01-30-2003 | 08:17 AM
Jill

Thanks for all the input. I contacted a shop and I'll be going there sometime next week hopefully for them to look at the seats and see how much it would be. They said it IS possible, but the question is - how much? I don't really want to spend the same as replacing the whole seats, that's a waste to me. If it's <500 I'd do it, but any more than that, I'll stick with my charcoal seats.
-jill