Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front bumper assembly diagram or description

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 09:01 PM
imoz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front bumper assembly diagram or description

Does anyone have a diagram of the front bumper cover assembly or can describe the procedure for removing and reinstalling or where all of the bolts are? I think but I'm not positive that parts of the bumper are clipped on with those plastic push-pin type connector/rivets, does anyone have a pic of one or sizing so I can try and find a matching replacement at the auto parts store? I want to have a couple extra on hand in case I break any.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:18 PM
imoz

Looks like I posted too soon. Some more creative Googling and I turned up this diagram on a Nissan dealer's site.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:07 PM
imoz

Just thought I would post a follow up in case anyone else is trying to figure out how to do this.

I just swapped my cracked front bumper cover with one I bought from a forum member.

Its really pretty easy to do but it is like a jigsaw puzzle with the fender liners. I put the front on jackstands, removed the fender liners, and then the bumper cover. You have to remove the fender liners to get access to the screws that hold the bumper to the fender. One mistake I made at first is, there is a support bracket that the cover bolts to, and then that is bolted to the fender bracket with one bolt. You remove the two screws from the bumper cover, and then unbolt it from the fender.

I broke a couple of the plastic rivets/screws/snap in holder thingies. They are a real pain to remove along the top of the bumper. It took a lot more force than I thought it would and I broke two of them.

My Z is all shiny and happy and new looking again!
Old 05-20-2006, 04:12 PM
sluggoZ

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

There is a trick in removing the bumper rivets. Just take a thin flat head screwdriver & go into the center ring and lift just slightly up but not all the way. take your fingers & just turn & lift up on the rivet, it comes out real easy.
When putting back in...make sure the point is even with the bottom side of the rivet and just push back in.