Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clear side marker install write up.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 02:32 PM
rkd350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Clear side marker install write up.

I just install clear side markers from performance nissan that I ordered 2days ago.

It took me about 45min.

I don't have a camera so I couldn't take the picture but I'll try to post pics later.

I think this is pretty easy mod that makes Z looks way better.

1) Park your car and turn the steering wheel to left side.(if you want to work on right side first because than you get more space to work on)

2) pop the hood and take out 6 plastic nuts or screws or whatever they call in the center attatched to front bumper.

3) lay down and unscrew 8 bolts from under the front bumper.

4) go to right front wheel and just pull out only the front bumper side plastic fender protector ebcause you don't need to pull every thing out.

5) you'll see the inside of the bumper between bumper and fender protector( you have about 8 inches to work there)

6) un screw 3bolts (facing upside looks like something like ⊥ from your view) using 10mm socketranch.

7) turn the steering wheel to opposite side and do the same thing as #6 on other side.

8) bumper sould come out now but be careful to not drop it or scratch your fender or headlight.

9) take out 2 screws from each side of the side marker using ┼ shape screw driver.(so you take out total of 4)

10) take out the side markers pulling out from bottom side of bumper to top.( It's like you pull out bottom side and you pull out top side then it will come out fairly easy.)

11) put on the NEW side markers and screw it back.

12) put back on everything you took out.

13) Smile and enjoy it!!

It's kinda hard to explain with out pictures but this mod is too easy to need picture in my opinion.( even i'm not that good with using tools)

I'll try to post my picture as soon as possible.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:47 PM
StraySheep

Nice write up.

I did mine about a month ago and it is possible to change the bumper reflectors without removing the front bumper.

I highly recommend people do the DRIVER side first because once you remove the inner plastic fender in front of the wheel, you have plenty of space to do the swap. Then you will be familiar on how to the the passenger side.

The passenger side is a bit more difficult because the windshield washer tank is in the way. I had to remove 3 plastic clips from the top of bumper, 3 bolts inside the fender under the headlight and 1 bolt under the front bumper behind the chin spoiler. Then have an another person help you pull the front bumper out a bit and you will have access from the top between the headlight and bumper.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:23 PM
rkd350z

is yours 05? or 06? mine is 06 and I just wasted to try to take out bumper
Old 05-31-2006, 05:56 PM
StraySheep

Originally Posted by rkd350z
is yours 05? or 06? mine is 06 and I just wasted to try to take out bumper
2006 as well.

The actual instructions do tell you to remove the front bumper, but I did not want to risk scratching it so I only undo the clips/bolts necessary to have enough space to access to the reflector screws.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:23 PM
rkd350z

I see..
Old 05-31-2006, 09:10 PM
BaTMan_4

Performance nissan....ahh im going crazy am i blind that i can't find how/where to order them??? How did u both do it?????
Old 06-01-2006, 04:48 AM
StraySheep

Performance nissan did not have these clear reflectors at the time I wanted to buy them and their website was down for a long time before.

I ended up buying from www.japanparts.com

Was a little more expensive than what Performance Nissan sells them now.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:41 AM
sry110

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

I put the clear reflectors in my MB '06 a couple weeks ago. Man, what a difference! I also removed the bumper to install them, and it's a good thing I am a visual learner because all of the written instructions are in Japanese. While I was in the process of removing the bumper it seemed like I could install the reflectors without removing it, but I wanted to remove it anyway so I could take a look around at all the other goodies in the front end of the engine bay, since it was my first time removing the bumper. I imagine you could do the job just by cutting the wheels all the way and peeling back the fender liner like StraySheep said.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:17 AM
s3fddiZ

I did mine without removing any parts. I undid alot of the bolts holding the undercarriage thing as well as the lower blots holding the wheel whell in place. From there i just stuck my hand in with a screwdriver to remove the pieces and place the new ones back in. Only too about an hour for both sides.