Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Found A Defect In Paint

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003 | 06:18 AM
R1Rider

Default Found A Defect In Paint

I found a defect in the paint of my Lemans Sunset. It's just behind the driver door handle and about the size of a thumb print. It can only be seen at certain angles and in certain lighting. I've had the dealer check it out and Nissan sent someone out to inspect it. They have agreed to fix the problem (paint the panel) under warranty. My concern is that when they paint the panel, it will not match exactly. I'll go from having a small spot that can be seen at certain angle/lighting to an entire panel that might not look the same.

Just looking for some opinions to help me make my decision.

Thanks
MC
Old 02-17-2003 | 06:47 AM
bobbyz

How big it the flaw? If it is very small, I would leave it.
Old 02-17-2003 | 06:57 AM
R1Rider

It's about the size of a thumb print.

I asked a couple of the guys that I work with to take a look at the car and see if they could find anything wrong with the finish. They did not see the flaw, until I pointed it out. I'm just a detail oriented guy and I found it and I know it's there and it bugs me. But I think I could live with the small flaw better than the entire panel not matching.
Old 02-17-2003 | 09:15 AM
Mr Fairlady

Default I'd be scared!

I'm always worried about paint not matching---thats why I'm kinda peicing a NISMO kit together so I don't have to buy & Paint new Bumpers---it will probably stand out--maybe not in day light but when a Camera flash hits it---you wil probably see it,..but nows the best time as any to do it,.while the car is new,..better now then to a 1 or 2 yr old car/paint job.

My old INtegra w/ the JDM front end had to be painted from the front crease of the doors to the Front of the bumpoer and hood/mainly the whole front end of the car.nad in the day light is lookd great,..but when me and a ex-girlfriend took some phatty Black & white shotsof our cars--you couls see it pretty damn bad!

its up to you though,...go ahead and do it your gonna do it,...don't wait==!Just my $0.02