Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

smoked JDM sidemarkers(installed with pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2003 | 12:43 PM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

Default smoked JDM sidemarkers(installed with pics)

got my sidemarkers that I ordered from japan parts(great doing business with) and installed them into the car and also added LEDs into them.

they are dark, but definitly orange, its not like they were blacked out, but I like it.

anyway, on with the pics.

the last pic is actually for me to play around with in photoshop seeing how blacked out headlights would be.

but anyway, they appear a little redish, but they dont in real life. all orange, in the shade they are very dark, and in the sun they brighten up even if they arent really reflecting at you.

so now Im going to nurse my fingers back to health and write a hate letter to whoever put so many damn screws in that bottom thing.
Old 02-23-2003 | 12:46 PM
nosuchsol

Looks good. I bet they look great at night!! P.S. - change the sig.
Old 02-23-2003 | 02:09 PM
rouxeny

Looks very nice. I think it helps you have a dark colored car. I'm not sure how they'd look on a SS or CS or white. Brick, LMS, Black, maybe DB would look great.
Old 02-23-2003 | 05:29 PM
DrDrilZ

looks good. off topic, but i thought you had NO rock chips on your car. it looks like you have plenty. no? ive noticed that im getting more on mine at closer inspection. i can see why people are whining about the paint now.
Old 02-23-2003 | 05:58 PM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

looks like I do, Ill have to look closer tomarrow, I did a VERY quick wash job for the pictures, as you can see it is still wet. but I think the "chips" are just bad angles on swirl marks that are crying for some wax. I think I would have noticed all of those marks, and I didnt. but I wasnt looking much either.
Old 02-23-2003 | 06:01 PM
Omega350Z

Yea, smoked amber is smoked amber, and it probably doesnt help that you put them on a black car, you can definitely tell they are not "black". Good thing im putting mine on a LeMans, so they will definitely look more "black" on my color than on yours. Other than that they definitely look good, however it seems that the lowest LED is brighter than the others, is that how they really look in person or just the direction you took the picture? And did you do a DIYT for teh LED or have someone do them for you?
Old 02-23-2003 | 06:12 PM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

all done myself. not sure about the darkness, Inoticed that in the picture too. lemme go check.

ok, it seems like the bottom is brighter when looking from above, but when looking straight on they are all the same. either the hole wasnt precisely behind the clear square on the reflector, or the LED pulled out a bit, probably the first. but in person you really cant notice unless you look right at them, might just be a trick of light somehow cause I really cant see anything "off".

I did it all myself. wasnt hard at all, I normally SUCK at soldering, but it worked great.
Old 02-24-2003 | 09:13 AM
Stock_Z

Damn those pics put my 56K into cardiac arrest ...but it was well worth it...how much did you get those for anyways? how long was shipping? wonder what they'll look like on the RL color...nice pics...
Old 02-24-2003 | 09:42 AM
spextar

ares, I noticed you have a very good taste
Old 02-24-2003 | 09:58 AM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

haha thanks, I ordered them from japan parts, 47.95 I think it was. they arrived in approximatly 10 days, in a nice envolope that has only japenese on it along with a receipt telling me how much yen it was. I found this kinda cool... but Im a dork.

other than that, there was 8$ for LEDs, should have been 3, but they charge 5$ shipping when the envolope clearly said 60cents. I couldnt find a local store that sold them, so I had no choice.

resisters were 1.50 from radioshack, and Ive yet to locate the "5prong relay" that skiddazle calls for. when I do Ill add that.

so bout 10$ to make them light up, and about 50 for the reflectors. another 5-10 for the relays, not positive since I havent found them yet.
Old 02-24-2003 | 12:05 PM
Stock_Z

looks sweet nonetheless...do you have them wired up to the driving lights or just the turn signals? or both?
Old 02-24-2003 | 02:20 PM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

they are currently wired to light up with the parking lights(and headlights) they do not work with the turn signals at all. eventually when I find the relays they will blink opposite the turn signals when the parking/headlights are on. but if the headlights are off, that is the source of their power, so they will not ever do anything.

and I took a good look, donno what is in the picture, but I was only able to find 2 VERY small marks, not even chips, just signs that a rock had hit it. and they were below the bottom of the reflector. must have just been lighting in the picture that made it look like chips.